Tiberius

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SHUTDOWN THEATER UPDATE:

Obama Shuts Down Amber Alert Website. “Just 17 percent of the government is shut down, and Friday the Obama administration allowed union representatives to return to work. So, union members could return to work, but the website to alert Americans to missing children had to be taken down?”

They don’t call it shutdown theater for nothing.

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/177141/

DC Tom was consistently right as well. He said "Obama will get re-elected because people are idiots."

hmmm...i'm told i have a good memory. on a very good day, i can still remember the krebs cycle from undergrad biochem. yet, i don't remember this at all. perhaps in a grudgingly hedging sort of way but i remember lots of "look, look's!" at fox and rasmussen polls, even from dc. and disparagement for mainstream polls and even betting sites that i linked to. revisionist history isn't the sole realm of the conservative but they dominate it here.

hmmm...i'm told i have a good memory. on a very good day, i can still remember the krebs cycle from undergrad biochem. yet, i don't remember this at all. perhaps in a grudgingly hedging sort of way but i remember lots of "look, look's!" at fox and rasmussen polls, even from dc. and disparagement for mainstream polls and even betting sites that i linked to. revisionist history isn't the sole realm of the conservative but they dominate it here.

Not surprising that you don't remember something that doesn't jibe with your view of the world. He was pretty consistent in saying he'd be reelected because people are morons.

Why has the government closed this place? Good job putting waiters, busboys, cooks (the low wage darlings of this administration) out of work. I'd like to know what this has to do with this whole government shutdown fiasco?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/04/feds-force-private-san-francisco-restaurant-to-close-because-of-shutdown-and-the-fallout-is-heartbreaking-for-some-brides/

Why has the government closed this place? Good job putting waiters, busboys, cooks (the low wage darlings of this administration) out of work. I'd like to know what this has to do with this whole government shutdown fiasco?

http://www.theblaze....or-some-brides/

Same reason why the Amber Alert website was taken down but Mooshelle's Let's Move website is still up.

Inflict as much pain the stuff people notice to distract from the frivolous stuff that can be cut

Edited by /dev/null

Not surprising that you don't remember something that doesn't jibe with your view of the world. He was pretty consistent in saying he'd be reelected because people are morons.

You're exactly correct on all counts. Birdbrain routinely shuts off information that crosses with his personal world view.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/04/feds-force-private-san-francisco-restaurant-to-close-because-of-shutdown-and-the-fallout-is-heartbreaking-for-some-brides/

I think /dev hit the nail on the head. You don't like, write your congresscritter. Who said life is fair?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/07/las-vegas-couple-actually-kicked-out-of-their-home-during-govt-shutdown-because-it-resides-on-federal-land/

A Las Vegas couple with property on federal land say they have been forced out of their home until the government shutdown ends.

Joyce and Ralph Spencer say they spend most of their time in the family ice cream store because they have nowhere else to go.

Screen-Shot-2013-10-07-at-9.17.46-AM-620x336.jpg

Screen grab.

The couple, who has lived in the Lake Mead house since the 1970s, were apparently told Thursday by a park ranger that they had 24 hours to vacate the property.

“I had to go to town today and buy Ralph undershirts and jeans because I forgot his pants,” said Joyce Spencer.

And even though the Spencers actually own the Lake Mead property, it sits on federal property.

Authorities said homeowners could only return to retrieve belongings.

“Unfortunately overnight stays are not permitted until a budget is passed and the park can reopen,” park officials said in a statement to KTNV.com.

Joyce Spencer, 77, said she and her husband are alright, but added the sudden move has been difficult.

“I had to be sure and get his walker and his scooter that he has to go in,” Spencer said. “We’re not hurt in any way except it might cost me if I have to go buy more pants.”

The Spencers will continue to live away from home until the shutdown ends.

Yes. The compassionate and sensitive democrats have ordered road barriers put in place to prevent American citizens from pulling into rest areas that have a view of Mount Rushmore and have ordered Biscayne Bay closed as well as the Gulf of Florida to all fishing.

FORWARD! FORWARD WITH FAIRNESS!!

Oh yeah, the Dumbocrats are really winning the PR battle.

Yes. The compassionate and sensitive democrats have ordered road barriers put in place to prevent American citizens from pulling into rest areas that have a view of Mount Rushmore and have ordered Biscayne Bay closed as well as the Gulf of Florida to all fishing.

FORWARD! FORWARD WITH FAIRNESS!!

Oh yeah, the Dumbocrats are really winning the PR battle.

Yeah... All fine and dandy but, I can't get the lock closed where I work so I can take a vacation! What's this world coming too! And why do I have to lock Chef Jim's gay sailboating friends!

And too boot... The Asian carp are still swimming! Criminy!

:-P :-P

I think /dev hit the nail on the head. You don't like, write your congresscritter. Who said life is fair?

Write them? Write them??? No, fire their ass. Losing your job, even temporarily, because the children in Washington are throwing temper tantrums is not life being unfair and difficult. It's living under the rule of selfish people who care not about us but about their wallets, coming home from their "service" in DC richer than when they started and leaving some sort of !@#$ed up legacy.

Write them? Write them??? No, fire their ass. Losing your job, even temporarily, because the children in Washington are throwing temper tantrums is not life being unfair and difficult. It's living under the rule of selfish people who care not about us but about their wallets, coming home from their "service" in DC richer than when they started and leaving some sort of !@#$ed up legacy.

This too!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

You're exactly correct on all counts. Birdbrain routinely shuts off information that crosses with his personal world view.

bs...finally got a chance to check and surprise, surprise, surprise...those threads aren't archived. but the titles are. some real fine ones from oc about how the conservative polls were correct and the mainstream wrong and why. and i truly can't recall d.c. arguing against oc's p[osition. as it so rarely happens that one of the chorus chooses the road not taken, that would have been memorable. but, regardless the point remains. conservative analysts have not been convincing in predictions of late. just watch or read a transcript of election night coverage on fox. those morons were absolutely shocked at the results that night.

bs...finally got a chance to check and surprise, surprise, surprise...those threads aren't archived. but the titles are. some real fine ones from oc about how the conservative polls were correct and the mainstream wrong and why. and i truly can't recall d.c. arguing against oc's p[osition. as it so rarely happens that one of the chorus chooses the road not taken, that would have been memorable. but, regardless the point remains. conservative analysts have not been convincing in predictions of late. just watch or read a transcript of election night coverage on fox. those morons were absolutely shocked at the results that night.

You don't recall Tom arguing against a position taken by OC? Good God man, did you remember to take a sh*t this morning?

You don't recall Tom arguing against a position taken by OC? Good God man, did you remember to take a sh*t this morning?

No, on both counts. The first one goes against his meme. The second one stinks and also goes against his meme.

those morons were absolutely shocked at the results that night.

Don't confuse shock with disappointment. I'm sure they, like most conservatives, could easily see the embarrassing disaster that a second Obama term would become.

We sit now with an economic recovery so bad that not even the worst presidents in history were able to do the damage done by this dolt; we have a forcible healthcare law that is harming the economy and all but universally hated; we have an unemployment rate that only goes down because people have quit looking for work; and a leader who admittedly WANTS all of this to tank so he can play golf and point fingers.

There was a time when HIllary looked good to me, but with three years left on the clock, even Biden is starting to look good.

This country is FUBAR'ed right now, and if Obama was any kind of leader, he'd nut up and get to work. Unfortunately, he's no leader. He's barely even a follower. He's a petulant child, and history will remember him not with his chin up, but with a rattle in one hand and pacifier in the other.

Next time you party rolls out an affirmative action presidential candidate, do us a favor and see if he's actually accomplished anything of substance first.

Don't confuse shock with disappointment. I'm sure they, like most conservatives, could easily see the embarrassing disaster that a second Obama term would become.

We sit now with an economic recovery so bad that not even the worst presidents in history were able to do the damage done by this dolt; we have a forcible healthcare law that is harming the economy and all but universally hated; we have an unemployment rate that only goes down because people have quit looking for work; and a leader who admittedly WANTS all of this to tank so he can play golf and point fingers.

There was a time when HIllary looked good to me, but with three years left on the clock, even Biden is starting to look good.

This country is FUBAR'ed right now, and if Obama was any kind of leader, he'd nut up and get to work. Unfortunately, he's no leader. He's barely even a follower. He's a petulant child, and history will remember him not with his chin up, but with a rattle in one hand and pacifier in the other.

Next time you party rolls out an affirmative action presidential candidate, do us a favor and see if he's actually accomplished anything of substance first.

don't confuse disappointment with embarrassment . karl rove was front and center and had wasted 100's of millions in pac contributions. think he felt that was likely before the big day or that he told hois benefactors that?