What is driving the endless Tebow media shilling?

PromoTheRobot

Show me one time he's talked down to someone about his religion. Even once.

Pro tip: You can't. Anti-Tebowers (the guys that don't like him personally, not his QB critics) come up with the narrative that he's a media whore who uses his religion to make money or something, he doesn't. He didn't get paid in college and he acted the exact same.

I don't know if it's the atheist crowd that dislikes him or what. I think he's a good kid who the media harps on until everyone hates him.

Nobody dislikes him. He's just a crappy quarterback.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps it is because he is an uppity holier-than-thou Christian who throws his religion in everyone's face constantly? Could that be it?

No. Outside of that one Super Bowl ad on abortion Tebow rarely brings up his religion unless he's speaking to a religious group. You are right, in college he was a little over-the-top but not so much lately.

If anything many of his fans love him because of his religion and gloss over his lack of ability.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

No. Outside of that one Super Bowl ad on abortion Tebow rarely brings up his religion unless he's speaking to a religious group. You are right, in college he was a little over-the-top but not so much lately.

If anything many of his fans love him because of his religion and gloss over his lack of ability.

PTR

One super bowl ad is enough, thanks very much., It was a SUPER BOWL ad he tried to get in there, happily it was stopped prior by reasonable people.

Agreed people still have interest in him because of his religiousness though. that is the whole story, now, the Gators victories have faded into histroy already.

Anyway, where was he when Aaron Hernandez needed him? Those 3 murders are on him, IMO. LOL

PTR

There's plenty of non-religious folks who also love Tebow because he seems like a genuinely decent guy, hes the underdog in the NFL, and exciting things seem to follow him like improbable 4th quarter comebacks and a playoff win. Its not all bible thumpers.

But to answer your question, ESPN continues to pump this story. Tebow mania is a trademarked product of ESPN.

There's plenty of non-religious folks who also love Tebow because he seems like a genuinely decent guy, hes the underdog in the NFL, and exciting things seem to follow him like improbable 4th quarter comebacks and a playoff win. Its not all bible thumpers.

But to answer your question, ESPN continues to pump this story. Tebow mania is a trademarked product of ESPN.

Umm....no.

a few maybe.

Pro tip: You can't. Anti-Tebowers (the guys that don't like him personally, not his QB critics) come up with the narrative that he's a media whore who uses his religion to make money or something, he doesn't. He didn't get paid in college and he acted the exact same.

I don't know if it's the atheist crowd that dislikes him or what. I think he's a good kid who the media harps on until everyone hates him.

Uhh virtually every post game interview he's ever given? Not to mention the ad he did for the radically far-right anti-gay 'family' group that aired during the Super Bowl a few years back?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

It's kind of like winning $10 if you come in dead last in the office pool. Even being the absolute worst at what you do gets you something.

Christian, here.

This guy is about as genuine as a Gucci watch being sold by a NYC street vendor. He is a media whore. He is an attention whore. All of his goals are individual goals; not team goals. He "prays" when he knows the camera is on him. And before you come back with the, "well the camera was always on him," story, consider this: it's possible to pray without anyone knowing you're praying. If he really wanted it to be between him and God, he'd do that.

Attention whore. 100%. And I, personally, am ecstatic that every team in the NFL caught on to his crap.

It's kind of like winning $10 if you come in dead last in the office pool. Even being the absolute worst at what you do gets you something.

Christian, here.

This guy is about as genuine as a Gucci watch being sold by a NYC street vendor. He is a media whore. He is an attention whore. All of his goals are individual goals; not team goals. He "prays" when he knows the camera is on him. And before you come back with the, "well the camera was always on him," story, consider this: it's possible to pray without anyone knowing you're praying. If he really wanted it to be between him and God, he'd do that.

Attention whore. 100%. And I, personally, am ecstatic that every team in the NFL caught on to his crap.

We agree 100%. And I am no Christian.

Bringing his religion into it, which he has done repeatedly, on purpose, has actually gone way against him in his pro career. Teams don't want to put up with the media circus or the fan circus, and that is a direct result of the way he acts and talks. It got him tremendous publicity but it also has hurt him severely once his talent was not shown to be big enough to be a starting QB.

And to those who say he doesn't bring it on himself, he does. I remember watching an ESPN special on him when he was singing, loud, God loves me songs, as he walked up and down the Bronco sidelines in the middle of a game.

Bringing his religion into it, which he has done repeatedly, on purpose, has actually gone way against him in his pro career. Teams don't want to put up with the media circus or the fan circus, and that is a direct result of the way he acts and talks. It got him tremendous publicity but it also has hurt him severely once his talent was not shown to be big enough to be a starting QB.

And to those who say he doesn't bring it on himself, he does. I remember watching an ESPN special on him when he was singing, loud, God loves me songs,as he walked up and down the Bronco sidelines in the middle of a game.

God does love him, no doubt about it. Lucky guy, great college football payer, will never have to look too hard for a job anywhere in Florida.

Perhaps. But God hates him as a starting QB in the NFL, or even a backup.

I got banned from the board for a year for saying what I think of Tebow's godliness (and cleanliness), so I will recuse myself from this thread going forward. Enjoy!

Perhaps it is because he is an uppity holier-than-thou Christian who throws his religion in everyone's face constantly? Could that be it?

Never seen him do that once, and as I said, it was no more then "Saint Ray Lewis" whom every one gushes over

When he asked the players on his college all star team to pray prior to a game, that was ridiculous. There are myriad other examples. You are correct he is polarizing, I find him insufferable and I am quite pleased tthet his legacy will be Florida Gators football and not the NFL.

keep your religion to yourself. How many other players in the NFL are devout? You never hear about their religion. Only Timmy, obnoxious, Tebow.

I would say almost the majority of them. Kurt Warner? Ray Lewis always talked about God when speaking to the press. If you have ever been to a football game after its over a large group of players from both teams usually get together and huddle in a circle where they pray together.

No. He should actually make an NFL squad.

Might help if he got a better agent who would advise him against some of the recent signings. Going to the jets was a mistake (as it always is), Signing with the Pats was pointless if you want to be a QB.