2 point conversion

dascottbills28

and...if it didnt work you all would be chastising Ralph, EJ. Woods, Marrone, Hacket, Doug, O-line, the long snapper, the punter, the place-kicker etc. Cut EJ. Cut Woods. Cut the O-line. Cut the refs. Cut the cheer-leaders. Just cut everybody....tomorrow at 6:00am. Lose all games and get Johnny sh*t-ball.....and on and on.

This board is loaded with simpletons.

God bless the 2 or 3 folks that have a clue here.

I for one am happy we won a game against a struggling opponent. Hey you gotta start somewhere.

I don't like the call, but I love the catch and I love the result. I think it was too soon, and your point expectation going for two is less than kicking so you only do it if you think something in the matchup makes it greater than 50% likely or if you need the two (late in the game).

Things are not in a vacuum. The choice at that time in the game differs depending on how your offense and defense is playing, as well as who you are playing. To me, it was the right call at the time because of how we were playing, and even if we missed, I wouldn't have thought, in retrospect, it was a bad call. It worked, obliviously. But I don't think that was a no brainier either way.

It seems like the Phil Simms' of the world have brainwashed a lot of people with this "chase the point" nonsense. The advantage of being down 1 as opposed to 2 pretty much always boils down to the possibility that a 2pt conversion will help you later in the game.

EG 1: you give up a TD and now you're only down 8 instead of 9.

EG 2: you score a TD and have the opportunity to extend the lead to 7, which you could not do if you were down 2.

Does it really need to be explained what's wrong with this theory? Obviously it is assumed by every hack announcer (and a lot of coaches apparently) that every failed 2pt attempt with 20min's left is likely to be successful had they delayed that attempt until late in the 4th Qtr. Naturally there is zero math or logic to back this up.

Going for 2 is clearly correct imo.

I don't like the call, but I love the catch and I love the result. I think it was too soon, and your point expectation going for two is less than kicking so you only do it if you think something in the matchup makes it greater than 50% likely or if you need the two (late in the game).

Basically how I feel.

and...if it didnt work you all would be chastising Ralph, EJ. Woods, Marrone, Hacket, Doug, O-line, the long snapper, the punter, the place-kicker etc. Cut EJ. Cut Woods. Cut the O-line. Cut the refs. Cut the cheer-leaders. Just cut everybody....tomorrow at 6:00am. Lose all games and get Johnny sh*t-ball.....and on and on.

This board is loaded with simpletons.

God bless the 2 or 3 folks that have a clue here.

I for one am happy we won a game against a struggling opponent. Hey you gotta start somewhere.

wait are you saying you're one of the 2 or 3 that have a clue? Hmmmmm

you sound like my mother in law. pay attention son, if you think there are only a handful of posters here that have a clue then you're the idiot.