Get EJ a TE!

Dragonborn10

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chandler looks like he is running in quicksand. And then he falls down.

Chandler is what I describe as a "Mermaid" Tight End. Imagine a tight end with one flipper instead of two legs. Imagine that mermaid tight end catching a one yard pass and attempting to run, being tackled 1/2 a yard later, flopping helplessly with the flipper instead of two legs.

Don't even understand why we have that play in the playbook.

Chandler looks like he is running in quicksand. And then he falls down.

I'm seeing the same. As useful as Scotty has been the past few years, he is not an A1 TE, and he is especially ill-suited to a fast-paced offense. Even on the game-winning drive he looked like he was loafing to his spot. After the penalties last week, I'm really becoming less and less impressed with the guy.

I HATE the trade Jairus Byrd talk because I think it's really unrealistic, but if there is a willing partner with a TE we like, I'd go for it at this point. It could be the difference between an overachieving year and the playoffs.

How great would it be to have a Tony Gonzalez, Vernon Davis, Shannon Sharpe type TE here? It would be a huge boost for this offense...

We still have a few holes besides TE, depending on where we draft we should grab the best TE in the first, a CB/Safety or a LG. As of now those are our biggest holes....

How great would it be to have a Tony Gonzalez, Vernon Davis, Shannon Sharpe type TE here? It would be a huge boost for this offense...

We still have a few holes besides TE, depending on where we draft we should grab the best TE in the first, a CB/Safety or a LG. As of now those are our biggest holes....

I'd settle for a Jimmy Graham ;)

If EJ hits Chandler on that seam route early, this thread doesn't even happen. He's not elite but he's still a weapon. He's definitely not a guy you throw a line of scrimmage release pass to hoping for big YAC...

Agree with this. Why are we throwing 1 yard seam passes to Chandler?

You throw 8-15 yard passes to Chandler, the coaching staff should know this.

Chandler may not be all-pro, but he's not a liability.

I'm not understanding the tone of this thread.

This - plus he's playing hurt.

I think the tone of this thread is that he's nowhere near being a playmaker. He's an average player; certainly not poor, but just average and perhaps trending down.

I think the tone of this thread is that he's nowhere near being a playmaker. He's an average player; certainly not poor, but just average and perhaps trending down.

That is correct. He's made some big catches at big times, and that has led to a lot of people thinking he's an elite tight end. He's serviceable, but he just doesn't have the ability of the better TEs in the league.

I'm seeing the same. As useful as Scotty has been the past few years, he is not an A1 TE, and he is especially ill-suited to a fast-paced offense. Even on the game-winning drive he looked like he was loafing to his spot. After the penalties last week, I'm really becoming less and less impressed with the guy.

I HATE the trade Jairus Byrd talk because I think it's really unrealistic, but if there is a willing partner with a TE we like, I'd go for it at this point. It could be the difference between an overachieving year and the playoffs.

People who value TEs, wouldn't trade them,so it's a non-starter. This is one of those obvious situations where at the end of the season, Chandler will come clean that he's not ready for game play yet. Unfortunately, he's the best option right now. If Gragg was NFL ready, he'd be activated right now.

I don't think this thread is a diss of Chandler, so much as it is asking for a TE1. Chandler would be a great TE2, but he gets tackled too easily and lacks some of the speed he previously had. Pairing Chandler with a TE1 would be great. Also, a great TE is a young QB's best weapon, as they are generally open for 3-4 yards at a time. I think we still need some help on D (LB/CB or Safety), and O-line, but we should def address TE in the 2nd or 3rd round. Well, the 32nd pick is generally a good time to take a TE, so perhaps the first round :)

TE and Oline should be top priority next offseason in FA and draft. I'm sure they will be

What is great is we are in a position where we can take a TE and and OL real early and feel good about it. We're getting close assuming EJ gets better (still not sold).