Johnny Manziel RULES!!! Declares for NFL draft

2014 NFL Draft: Johnny Manziel criticism - fact or fiction?

The quarterback class for the 2014 NFL Draft lacks an Andrew Luck-type of prospect, but it's also a much deeper group than last year, especially at the top with Central Florida's Blake Bortles, Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater and Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel all likely top 10 selections. But the most polarizing quarterback - and perhaps any prospect - this year is undoubtedly Johnny Football.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good write up. hes got a lot of talent, but a lot of serious question marks that cant be ignored in an honest evaluation. i have a hard time seeing how he succeeds long term, but wont say its impossible either - it will just take a nearly perfect city/coach/roster around him, as well as things in his personal life going well, to get over a lot of the initial hurdles.

Edited by NoSaint

good write up. hes got a lot of talent, but a lot of serious question marks that cant be ignored in an honest evaluation. i have a hard time seeing how he succeeds long term, but wont say its impossible either - it will just take a nearly perfect city/coach/roster around him to get over a lot of the initial hurdles.

A receiver like Josh Gordon, a strong O-line anchored by Joe Thomas and a defense that won't make you feel like you have to score 30 points to win every game?

good write up. hes got a lot of talent, but a lot of serious question marks that cant be ignored in an honest evaluation. i have a hard time seeing how he succeeds long term, but wont say its impossible either - it will just take a nearly perfect city/coach/roster around him, as well as things in his personal life going well, to get over a lot of the initial hurdles.

The LSU game spoke volumes for me when he faced NFL caliber defenders.

A receiver like Josh Gordon, a strong O-line anchored by Joe Thomas and a defense that won't make you feel like you have to score 30 points to win every game?

kyle shanahan, an owner that seems to not understand hes running an nfl franchise, a WR one strike from a long suspension, and another thats tweeted his weed and fought security at an airport in the last month, and a center that anchors an OL that underachieved last year and he might be leaving, and no established RB... oh yea, and its cleveland (which could be a blessing or a curse for johnny football).... and they gave up 25+ points per game, so he will need to have some scores in the 30s.

cleveland has a lot of question marks, and i think its a bit silly to paint them as a franchise that will get all the answers right.

Edited by NoSaint

Won't it be the same defense that made the Bills offense, also with a rookie QB, often feel like they had to score 30 pts to win games? The Bills gave up over 24 pts/game. The Browns last yr gave up over 25 pts/game. I would assume it would somewhere in that realm again given it is the Browns players in the Bills scheme.

Bama got light up by the Oklahoma QB, who was whatever all year. Bad games happen. Honestly, I don't see hi mtranslating to the NFL but it will be 100% interesting. Case Keenum was a star in the same offense and we saw how he has done in the NFL.

Keenum and JM are nothing alike as QBs.

We'll see if he's serious about what he's saying...the words sure sound good:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

“I was a kid who made some goofball decisions,” Manziel said. “That’s been part of my journey. Maybe it’s part of the whole Johnny Football deal that I’m trying to get away from. I feel like if I don’t put myself in any of those situations, then I can’t get blamed for it. If I’m not in the neighborhood, and I’m in the house, nothing can be said about me. . . ."

“I want to own up to that. I don’t want to hear that, ‘Oh, anybody in his situation would have been doing the same thing.’ I’m 100 percent responsible for my actions. I made those goofball decisions knowingly. I got the consequences that come for it. Just like you make any decision in life, you have your pros and your cons for what’s going to happen. I live with that. I’ve tried to move on from it and tried distance myself as best as possible.”

Agreed. Keenum is bigger haha. But the fact that played in the same offense in which Keenum became the NCAA passing leader is valid. It's about as qb friendly of an offense as there is.

Keenum didn't play in the best conference in the country which is a pretty big difference. I am not a JFF fan but that rationale is pretty awful.