The Affordable Care Act is Coming Home to Roost

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obamacare Is the Vasa of Our Times

by Wesley J. Smith

I have been trying to think of a good metaphor for the Obamacare debacle. I think I found it in the Vasa.

Vasa was a Swedish warship launched in 1628 — only to sink after sailing less than a mile. It is so apt! Here’s the Wikipedia recounting:

Vasa was built top-heavy and had insufficient ballast. Despite an obvious lack of stability in port, she was allowed to set sail and foundered only a few minutes after she first encountered a wind stronger than a breeze.

The impulsive move to set sail was the result of a combination of factors: Swedish king Gustavus Adolphus, who was leading the army on the continent on the date of her maiden voyage, was impatient to see her join the Baltic fleet in the Thirty Years’ War; at the same time, the king’s subordinates lacked the political courage to discuss the ship’s structural problems frankly or to have the maiden voyage postponed. An inquiry was organized by the Swedish privy council to find personal responsibility for the disaster, but in the end no one was punished for the fiasco.

Perfect! We have seen the same exact arrogance, stupidity, and lack of accountability in Obamacare — the public-policy Vasa of our times.

Edited by B-Man

Given Barry's 39% approval rating, I think people are starting to catch on.

I'm siding with Tom. People are WAY to stupid for thier own good. This mornings main webpage on USATODAY was to the effect of, "After Obamacare FIX, consumers still skeptical".

Fix? Nothing has been fixed, but this is being reported anyways. I think it's time to admit the Dems have every intention of making it past mid-terms intact, and I believe they will...

I'm siding with Tom. People are WAY to stupid for thier own good. This mornings main webpage on USATODAY was to the effect of, "After Obamacare FIX, consumers still skeptical".

Fix? Nothing has been fixed, but this is being reported anyways. I think it's time to admit the Dems have every intention of making it past mid-terms intact, and I believe they will...

The media is reporting it as a "fix" but people aren't buying it. But yes I can't argue with the collective stupidity of the general public.

I used to think you were just a really need effective troll. Now I just think you're really that stupid that you do not have a lick of sense.

Wrong, you do not think. You are an idiot. You just don't understand things so you lash out like the ignorant fool you are.

I can't wait for the Democrats to start blaming the "Republican shutdown" of the government as the reason why the website failed.

They did blame the GOP governors for not having state websites, thus "forcing" people to use healthcare.gov, resulting in the major crash.

Obama was blameless. Damned racist anti-women gun toting bible thumping teabaggers!

It could get a lot worse for Obamacare!

http://www.politico....9957.html?hp=t1

One wonders how a President Christie would fix all this??

What is your point? You're posting an article pointing out serious problems with the ACA, a law that you have firmly supported. Are you now against it or hoping that a republican president could correct those problems?

It's funny that for just 3.75% of the population, Barry and his merry band of idiots had to destroy the American health care system. Yet 5% of people being thrown off their plans isn't anything to be concerned over. :rolleyes:

It's funny that for just 3.75% of the population, Barry and his merry band of idiots had to destroy the American health care system. Yet 5% of people being thrown off their plans isn't anything to be concerned over. :rolleyes:

I actually heard Alan Colmes arguing that Obamacare is good if for no other reason than because 100,000 people who never had health care are now on Medicare.