Lucky Fan

xsoldier54

My buddy just posted this to his Facebook page. Pretty cool, I think. "I can't stop smiling and am feeling very fortunate... I was contacted by the Buffalo Bills and will walk through the tunnel with Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith and many of the members of the wall of fame for the halftime "Wall of Fame" ceremony this Sunday at the Ralph... a few season ticket holders were selected and are presenting the members with Blazers.. guess it's my lucky day... Go Bills!"

Totally unrelated but I have a funny story about the time I met Jim Kelly.

I was maybe 6 or 7 years old and my Dad told me we were going to meet some of the Bills players (My Dad's friend worked for the Jim Kelly foundation I think) Anyway Bruce Smith was my favorite player, so naturally I assumed I would be meeting him and when we got to the office, here comes Jim Kelly and only Jim Kelly. Well I was upset and really mad at my Dad because I wanted to meet Bruce and he wasn't here. So then came the photo op. My brother and sister and our friends lined up with Jim but I wouldn't. So Jim Kelly chased me down a hallway and tried to get me to come and take a picture with him but I just kept running away, despite my Dad explaining to me I would seriously regret this (Which I do).

Anyway a few days later a box showed up at my house with a signed football inside and a note that said "(Captain), No one every ran away from me when we tried to take a picture. I hope this makes you feel a little better. - Jim Kelly

Still have that football. Always wanted to ask him if he remembered that.

I was maybe 6 or 7 years old and my Dad told me we were going to meet some of the Bills players (My Dad's friend worked for the Jim Kelly foundation I think) Anyway Bruce Smith was my favorite player, so naturally I assumed I would be meeting him and when we got to the office, here comes Jim Kelly and only Jim Kelly. Well I was upset and really mad at my Dad because I wanted to meet Bruce and he wasn't here. So then came the photo op. My brother and sister and our friends lined up with Jim but I wouldn't. So Jim Kelly chased me down a hallway and tried to get me to come and take a picture with him but I just kept running away, despite my Dad explaining to me I would seriously regret this (Which I do).

Anyway a few days later a box showed up at my house with a signed football inside and a note that said "(Captain), No one every ran away from me when we tried to take a picture. I hope this makes you feel a little better. - Jim Kelly

That is awesome.

Jim has his legacy as a prick and womanizer... but the guy is also a good hearted, fun gentle man.

That's a great story. I'm certain, in hindsight (cough, cough), you wish you had behaved a bit differently. Still a funny tale.

My buddy just posted this to his Facebook page. Pretty cool, I think. "I can't stop smiling and am feeling very fortunate... I was contacted by the Buffalo Bills and will walk through the tunnel with Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith and many of the members of the wall of fame for the halftime "Wall of Fame" ceremony this Sunday at the Ralph... a few season ticket holders were selected and are presenting the members with Blazers.. guess it's my lucky day... Go Bills!"

Excellent! And congratulations to you, xsoldier54. Have fun & make the most of it.

Awesome!

I think you should have posted this in the "Just sent an email to the Bills voicing my displeasure" thread. If you do, be sure to mention your buddy has been a season ticket holder for over three years!

More like over thirty years. He is in his late fifties and has been a season ticket holder since he returned from Marine Corps duty in the '70's. Couldn't have happened to a more dedicated fan.

Excellent! And congratulations to you, xsoldier54. Have fun & make the most of it.

Wasn't me, it was a buddy of mine.

Awesome!

I think you should have posted this in the "Just sent an email to the Bills voicing my displeasure" thread. If you do, be sure to mention your buddy has been a season ticket holder for over three years!

I actually thought about that. This guy is deserving though. He's been a season ticket holder for over 30 years.

Oh no, he's really depressed! Everyone, clear the room, someone go get him a Guinness! Get him in the recliner! I've got the video all cued up.....

That is awesome, I gotta buy one of those for my kid.

How much is a panda anyway?