Injury update per GR - EJ admits soreness/wearing brace,Gilmore workin

YoloinOhio

Individual workouts for Gilmore. Really optimistic signs on him returning toward the early end of the expected time frame. Not sure what to think about EJ since he didn't wear a brace in the game. He says he is fine, but hope there is no additional damage or that this could be lingering.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

I think there is a crazy fascination with injury status these days. There was a time when sore and swollen knees would have been considered a normal everyday part of playing football and hardly newsworthy.

Iam not making light of injuries but the drama and "news reporting" associated with them is a little much.

I think there is a crazy fascination with injury status these days. There was a time when sore and swollen knees would have been considered a normal everyday part of playing football and hardly newsworthy.

Iam not making light of injuries but the drama and "news reporting" associated with them is a little much.

I think this is due to the new NFL policy with regards to putting players on injury list. I think teams don't want to get fined.

It's the media now. Can you imagine Joe Namath playing today with Twitter and camera phones everywhere? The combine is shown live now. football coverage is insane.

Also, it's the double standard of the NFL. They don't like gambling yet this info is for betting and fantasy.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Well, these things are crucial information for the fantasy football owner. "Lives are at stake!" ;)

Individual workouts for Gilmore. Really optimistic signs on him returning toward the early end of the expected time frame. Not sure what to think about EJ since he didn't wear a brace in the game. He says he is fine, but hope there is no additional damage or that this could be lingering.

Gilmore has a wrist injury, so certainly he can still work out. That has no bearing on how well the wrist is healing. He had pins put in it, and it is a serious injury. I still think we are looking at week 5 as the "early" scenario.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I agree that Fantasy Football has a lot to do with injury fascination. I was wondering about EJ from the standpoint of him running this week.

Gilmore has a wrist injury, so certainly he can still work out. That has no bearing on how well the wrist is healing. He had pins put in it, and it is a serious injury. I still think we are looking at week 5 as the "early" scenario.

That makes sense, but it was reported as "newsworthy" that he was doing so.... so was hoping it was a good sign of progress. The earlier he can return, the better.

Yep, his knee is going to be sore after surgery. Probably sore after every workout, every game. Was it ever confirmed that it was a meniscus? Depending on how much of it they took out, it could be sore after hard activity forever. Not a big deal.

Yep, meniscus (see link). It was funny that they said he "admitted" it was sore... am sure a reporter spotted a brace and asked him about it. They said he may or may not wear one for the game. I am sure he would have preferred that the media did not see it. Carolina's D is stout and it would be nice of EJ was a threat to run on any play which would open things up considerably.

http://www.buffaloru...eniscus-surgery

Where is the link referencing EJ's knee?

Not sure if there is one, it was reported o WGR this morning. I looked on their site earlier and didn't see it there. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Injuries are a part of the game but guys do not 'play through' them as much as before.

There are many reasons for this from medicine and diagnosis has gotten better so doctors are able to tell a player an injury will get better with rest or surgery.

Also players and agents are looking out for their career or a team is looking out for it's investment.

Not to mention how many of the tough guys from the past got hooked on pain killers or had to use them just to function after football.

It is what it is. Football is a violent sport which takes a special individual to be able to succeed at it. Talent, football instincts, toughness, but also a tough body that can stand up to the beating. This is why there is so few guys who end up making it to the NFL and then being successful once their. I hope EJ has it, because we as Bills fans are long overdue for a true Franchise QB.

Well, these things are crucial information for the fantasy football owner. "Lives are at stake!" ;)

Yup...fantasy football has really driven the value up, of injury news/updates...and though the NFL doesn't condone gambling, they will do everything they can to encourage it!

Injuries are a part of the game but guys do not 'play through' them as much as before.

There are many reasons for this from medicine and diagnosis has gotten better so doctors are able to tell a player an injury will get better with rest or surgery.

Also players and agents are looking out for their career or a team is looking out for it's investment.

Not to mention how many of the tough guys from the past got hooked on pain killers or had to use them just to function after football.

It is what it is. Football is a violent sport which takes a special individual to be able to succeed at it. Talent, football instincts, toughness, but also a tough body that can stand up to the beating. This is why there is so few guys who end up making it to the NFL and then being successful once their. I hope EJ has it, because we as Bills fans are long overdue for a true Franchise QB.

Yeah, until the NFL gets guaranteed contracts, why should players play through injuries? Teams have no loyalty, so why should a player wreck his career playing through an injury? See how the Pats treated Welker, who played through many injuries.