What's With The Knapsacks?

Chef Jim

I thought about this yesterday after walking in to work and out of work with people in front of me with these huge knapsacks. What the hell are they bringing to work in those things? Yes some hit the gym at lunch but why do they bring their workout gear in to the office? I bring all I need to work in a money clip.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well played.

Lunch, workout clothes, files if I was working on the train or at home.

These folks do not look like the taking work home types.

Lots of people with backpack style laptop bags these days.

They do however look like the lugging a laptop around with them guys.

And oh, backpacks. I get the joke now. :w00t::rolleyes:

Edited by Chef Jim

Laptop, lunch and bottle of water in my back paca, i carry my gym clothes in my gym bag

I thought about this yesterday after walking in to work and out of work with people in front of me with these huge knapsacks. What the hell are they bringing to work in those things? Yes some hit the gym at lunch but why do they bring their workout gear in to the office? I bring all I need to work in a money clip.

Ok I'm hearing a lot of people putting their lunch in there. What are people eating for lunch? My wife and I will barely fill up a knapsack (oh sorry, backpack) wwhen we picnic and that's a ton of food for two along with plates, forks, spoons, napkins and a couple bottles of water.

How many besides myself, my grandmother, and you know that "couch" and "davenport" are synonymous? :lol:

<raises hand>

Also who ever called one of these a hassock?

product162657899.jpg

I always wondered that too Chef! Here is my take. My generation, knapsacks were when we went to college... I think it kinda started more in the 1980s... So maybe some of your generation. Since then, the age has been getting younger and younger. Too bad Stuck in Cincy isn't around because he used to call the children nowadays "little pack mules." What is happening is that generation is coming of age and they are still carrying their packs! LoL I noticed it @ work with younger guys! What the hell are they carrying in there!

Too funny... Great conversation.