Post-Tailgate thoughts

JÂy RÛßeÒ

1) I love you guys! It's so awesome that so many come in from so far and we get to catch up in-person once a year.

2) Many thanks to the folks that contributed so much food and time. Meades of course for the amazing strombolis. Beerball for manning the grill after the game. Just Jack for the gatorade, water, etc and all the time and effort.

3) Thanks for making my buddies Ian, Jamie, Jeremy & Kelly feel like part of "the gang" even though this was just their first or second time being at this shin-dig and never actually posting.

4) Thanks to jboyst62 for the apple pie moonshine :blink:

5) Very cool to meet some Tailgate newbies this year. Gugny and jboyst62 come to mind and I'm sure there are others that are lost in the blur :)

6) As always thanks to Hammer for being such a good host. He was heard more than once telling his people "the lot is full except for Two Bills Drive!". I just wish there was a quicker way out of there.

FYI the Meades have volunteered to take over T-shirt design and execution for next year so be ready for a return of the traditional TBD Tailgate T-Shirt! From what I hear we'll have many more options - we'll have artwork designed and it can be applied to shirts of different styles and colors.

Once again my camera was buried in the bottom of my trunk somewhere and I didn't get a single photo. If you took pics please post them here so we can all enjoy them and relive the day.

I have to echo everything you said, Jay. After a wet and cool weather start, everything was blue skies and sunshine except for the final score of the game.

I will not even try to name all the old and new friends I spent time with. I am afraid of offending anyone, if I do not mention them.

The larger tailgate area did seem to curb the multiple TBD sub-parties from previous years. Thanks Scott.

People, food, camaraderie - all combined to make this a family reunion.

Your younger buddies fit in very well with MY grown children and others in their 20's and 30's - I think I mentioned to you that they were the next generation TBD'ers.

Staying at a hotel instead of a wet tent was a first for me, LOL!

Also, thanks to all for making my friend, Harry feel comfortable and welcome. He was a 64 year old tailgate and "live" NFL game virgin. :lol: He was impressed.

Roberta & I had a terrific time, thanks everyone!!! Every Stromboli I tried (and I tried each one I saw) was fantastic. The roasted corn was out of this world. I'm sorry I did not get the name of the couple who brought it, but thank you very much. It really hit the spot. Gugny's venison chili was out of this world! If you didn't try it you better get some next time. mrags had some killer pulled pork and BBQ ribs...thanks dude!

Old friends and new...an outstanding day.

The only thing I'd try to do differently next time is try to get the food areas together a bit more. I think everyone was comfortable going between the areas though.

Now I just have to remember what I'm supposed to do with all the wing sauce that Jack & Guff gave me. I suppose I'm supposed to use it...

Too much food after the game (though a dessert or two would have been nice)...how can we control that better next time? I hate waste...

Too much food after the game (though a dessert or two would have been nice)...how can we control that better next time? I hate waste...

Some food was taken home, I've got almost 3 dozen doughnuts and the unopened veggie tray I brought. People just need to stop cooking when you can see food is piling up and people are leaving. Or bring containers/aluminum foil and take some home when you leave.

Some food was taken home, I've got almost 3 dozen doughnuts and the unopened veggie tray I brought. People just need to stop cooking when you can see food is piling up and people are leaving. Or bring containers/aluminum foil and take some home when you leave.

How about name tags? I know they were used in the past. I missed GG and I saw some other folks post who I didn't meet (CountryCletus). I'm a social butterfly, I want to meet everyone.

And I forgot to mention Lori's chicken wing dip (yum) and the chicken wing donuts were awesome! Thanks to whomever brought those!

I brought the donuts, for those interested, if you're ever in the Phoenix, NY area...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Donuts/192550370871067

Just Donuts

219 unit 17 county route 57

Phoenix, New York 13135

I think next year we will have name tags , Helen an I will take care of that. I think we need a better sign up for food . Jack, jay, Scott, and Helen and I will try and coordinate this for next.

I would like to see a raffle of 1 or 2 items and a 50/50 raffle with the proceeds going to TBD.

I liked the parking and large gathering area. Would like to see same arrangement next year.

Would like to see the major cooking groups close together.

I think salad and deserts would go well.

Helen and I also LOVE seeing everyone and are amazed at how close you become to people that you converse with online with a common interest. We want to thank Scott for providing us with this opportunity! Helen and others were tearing up over some "past posts" after a tee shirt exchange! Thank you Scott for providing us with the large area. Helen has agreed to help me make your life easier with support for organizing next years event.

Name tags would be a good idea. However, I think many would be concerned about 'outting' themselves.

I think next year we will have name tags , Helen an I will take care of that. I think we need a better sign up for food . Jack, jay, Scott, and Helen and I will try and coordinate this for next. I would like to see a raffle of 1 or 2 items and a 50/50 raffle with the proceeds going to TBD. I liked the parking and large gathering area. Would like to see same arrangement next year. Would like to see the major cooking groups close together. I think salad and deserts would go well. Helen and I also LOVE seeing everyone and are amazed at how close you become to people that you converse with online with a common interest. We want to thank Scott for providing us with this opportunity! Helen and others were tearing up over some "past posts" after a tee shirt exchange! Thank you Scott for providing us with the large area. Helen has agreed to help me make your life easier with support for organizing next years event.

That area was huge, it made it so much better then being cramped in a tiny lot at the stadium. I am very thankful for that. It made the tailgate!

How about name tags? I know they were used in the past. I missed GG and I saw some other folks post who I didn't meet (CountryCletus). I'm a social butterfly, I want to meet everyone.

That's why I recommend wearing a Stetson. I had a few folks walk up to me and say you must be JBoyst. I'll get you a Stetson next year, Beerball.

1) I love you guys! It's so awesome that so many come in from so far and we get to catch up in-person once a year. 2) Many thanks to the folks that contributed so much food and time. Meades of course for the amazing strombolis. Beerball for manning the grill after the game. Just Jack for the gatorade, water, etc and all the time and effort. 3) Thanks for making my buddies Ian, Jamie, Jeremy & Kelly feel like part of "the gang" even though this was just their first or second time being at this shin-dig and never actually posting. 4) Thanks to jboyst62 for the apple pie moonshine :blink: 5) Very cool to meet some Tailgate newbies this year. Gugny and jboyst62 come to mind and I'm sure there are others that are lost in the blur :) 6) As always thanks to Hammer for being such a good host. He was heard more than once telling his people "the lot is full except for Two Bills Drive!". I just wish there was a quicker way out of there. FYI the Meades have volunteered to take over T-shirt design and execution for next year so be ready for a return of the traditional TBD Tailgate T-Shirt! From what I hear we'll have many more options - we'll have artwork designed and it can be applied to shirts of different styles and colors. Once again my camera was buried in the bottom of my trunk somewhere and I didn't get a single photo. If you took pics please post them here so we can all enjoy them and relive the day.

http://www.juniorsmidnightmoon.com/spirits/

Give me a few days to recover, because I'll need it, and I will have pictures uploaded.

Thanks so much for what you did for us Jay!

It will be hard to look at Kelly in a skirt again after seeing your flawless legs in that kilt...nothing will ever be the same.

I have to echo everything you said, Jay. After a wet and cool weather start, everything was blue skies and sunshine except for the final score of the game. I will not even try to name all the old and new friends I spent time with. I am afraid of offending anyone, if I do not mention them. The larger tailgate area did seem to curb the multiple TBD sub-parties from previous years. Thanks Scott. People, food, camaraderie - all combined to make this a family reunion. Your younger buddies fit in very well with MY grown children and others in their 20's and 30's - I think I mentioned to you that they were the next generation TBD'ers. Staying at a hotel instead of a wet tent was a first for me, LOL! Also, thanks to all for making my friend, Harry feel comfortable and welcome. He was a 64 year old tailgate and "live" NFL game virgin. :lol: He was impressed.

Meeting you was inspirational. So many of us knew you were always a strong man, but seeing you in person it is apparent. I look forward to seeing you at many tailgates to come.

Roberta & I had a terrific time, thanks everyone!!! Every Stromboli I tried (and I tried each one I saw) was fantastic. The roasted corn was out of this world. I'm sorry I did not get the name of the couple who brought it, but thank you very much. It really hit the spot. Gugny's venison chili was out of this world! If you didn't try it you better get some next time. mrags had some killer pulled pork and BBQ ribs...thanks dude! Old friends and new...an outstanding day. The only thing I'd try to do differently next time is try to get the food areas together a bit more. I think everyone was comfortable going between the areas though. Now I just have to remember what I'm supposed to do with all the wing sauce that Jack & Guff gave me. I suppose I'm supposed to use it... Too much food after the game (though a dessert or two would have been nice)...how can we control that better next time? I hate waste...

I remember so many smiling faces that I cannot remember them apart from each other!

The corn was from a group from PA who got it from their neighbor farmer.

The food after the game - well, I hope I took care of that for the rest of the year. I gave Mead 10-15 lbs. of ground beef which should be enough for at least 2 patties after every game. I have no idea where all of the beer I brought got to - and I am glad for that. I hope all ya'll enjoyed the taste of Carolina I brought!

I wish I could have stayed longer to get some food for the trip home. However, I had a mighty fine stromboli for supper on the way home somewhere in Pittsburgh!

Meeting you was inspirational. So many of us knew you were always a strong man, but seeing you in person it is apparent. I look forward to seeing you at many tailgates to come.

Wow, I have know Idea what I did to deserve the 'kudos' but thanks! Was it the three gulps of the moonshine? :w00t:

I intend to be there every year on opening day. Look forward to seeing you again.

Was a pleasure meeting everyone as well.

I agree with the name tags idea. Or maybe some personalized shirts or something. That would be cool.

Maybe next year ill dress up as The Stig and have everyone try and guess who it is. (Don't worry, you'll all forget by then anyway)

I didn't have a chance to try anyone else's good as I was busy cooking myself all morning and afternoon. But I loved every minute of it. Was great putting a face to some of the names and look forward to years to come and meeting some more that I haven't had a chance to yet.

I also agree with a central cooking hub as well. Get all the cooks together in a half circle maybe and people can congregate while picking up snacks from everywhere.

One more thing came to mind.

There seemed to be some confusion on the part of the guy who collected my money whilst pulling into Hammer's.

NOTE: This was my first time at Hammer's and my first TBD Tailgate.

I had very big sign in the dash that said TBD - PRIME, even with Gugny on it.

I asked where the TBD tailgate was. He said, "What's TBD?" I told him "Two Bills Drive."

He said, "oh, they usually set up back there (pointing to where Pinto Kenny's crew was), but you'll be backed in there, so why don't you just pull into where that guy is directing people to park (far from the tailgate).

I was confused, but followed directions. Then Pinto Ken greeted us. I told him I was looking for the TBD Tailgate and he promptly told me where it was. I quickly asked the attendant who took my money if we could move the car. He let us.

It all ended well, but I just wanted to bring it up.

One more thing came to mind.

There seemed to be some confusion on the part of the guy who collected my money whilst pulling into Hammer's.

NOTE: This was my first time at Hammer's and my first TBD Tailgate.

I had very big sign in the dash that said TBD - PRIME, even with Gugny on it.

I asked where the TBD tailgate was. He said, "What's TBD?" I told him "Two Bills Drive."

He said, "oh, they usually set up back there (pointing to where Pinto Kenny's crew was), but you'll be backed in there, so why don't you just pull into where that guy is directing people to park (far from the tailgate).

I was confused, but followed directions. Then Pinto Ken greeted us. I told him I was looking for the TBD Tailgate and he promptly told me where it was. I quickly asked the attendant who took my money if we could move the car. He let us.

It all ended well, but I just wanted to bring it up.

Anyone else have this happen to them? I wished when I made the (Newbeebie) public announcement at 11:00 am you would have said something to me then. Edited by Hammered a Lot

I was bringing name tags for a few years, but when they stopped the "check in" procedure with Cindy, I got lazy. I will DEFINITELY bring them in the future so as not to burden Mead and Helen with so much to do. I get then for free.

we have the shirts right? How about personalized with our screen names? A little more expensive than your free name tags but would be kinda cool. Not sure how much it was to make the TBD shirts but names could probably be added for just a few more bucks.