I'm afraid Chan was right about Spiller

FireChan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Chan might've been on to something about C.J. He hasn't looked good in his games last year as an "every down" back, and he looked pretty rough today. Maybe he was utilized best backing up Freddy and being the second punch to break the opposing defense.

Did Marrone buy into the hype a little too much? He barely used Fred when the guy was tearing it up. Basically a reverse Chan.

cj looks like hes always about to fall over, when he gets hit he goes backwards, he drags no one forward for extra yards, he fumbles a lot. I think he kind of sucks if hes not used in space or as a screen/ 3rd down back.

Edited by enlightener

Yeah the doom is so last 13 seasons. Grow up u trolls we almost won today.

Call a person a troll or people in general trolls is not an argument.

It's what ruins forums tho and limits intelligent discussion.

You may as well just say that you're right and everyone else is wrong and that that's the end of the debate. That would at least make more sense.

Troll: An overused term by people that have nothing to contribute.

You should have seen it in the shoutbox earlier. Some guy actually said, "The Pats D has decided to stop the run today, that's why Spiller can't get any yards." So apparently "great" backs can be just stopped? Do teams not "decide" to stop the run against the Vikings? Does AP not get any yards?

Actually, yes - AP has had games where he has been shut down. Happens to all backs...even the great ones

As much as I like Spiller, I can honestly say that he is clearly not consistent at running the football as a running back should. He needs to learn that he will not always run for 10+ yards on every handoff. He will become more of a consistent runner once he realizes that he needs to pound and hit those creases extremely hard the moment that he sees them develop. Instead, he always seems indecisive and tentative at frequently. Clearly, if the team decided to trade him it will not hurt us. Another thing that I noticed is how he fears getting hit. This is what causes him to fumble. In any case, he's a decent back with speed to say the least, but he is no Adrian Peterson. Spiller has one more year on his contract, lets think twice before throwing money at him. I'd rather draft a bruising RB with speed ALA Jerome Bettis or Rodney Hampton type running back.

WOW ! can you say flip flop ?? It's the first game & every one is already starting the second guessing !!

New EVERYTHING & the Bills fans patience is showing it's ugly face as usual !!

Talk about a instant gratification fan base WOW !! I get it but i also GET IT !!!

WOW ! can you say flip flop ?? It's the first game & every one is already starting the second guessing !!

New EVERYTHING & the Bills fans patience is showing it's ugly face as usual !!

Talk about a instant gratification fan base WOW !! I get it but i also GET IT !!!

Didn't believe in Spiller since I started watching him play, today was my "gratification."

The real problem is that Spiller needs space as a prior poster indicated. If CJ is going to stand next to the QB and take hand offs it's not going to work. You have to put CJ in the I formation, pitch the ball out to him. Our running game play calling was amateurish today. I did not notice many different sets. In fact the conservative offensive play calling in the 4th quarter and the not going to a more time consuming game plan with 5 minutes left and a lead is what lost the game.

Edited by VADC Bills

Didn't believe in Spiller since I started watching him play, today was my "gratification."

You either are the absolute worst evaluator of talent of all time or you are a troll based on the things you say. You are also clearly not a fan when you are gratified that a player on your team had a bad game. Especially CJ who has been a great teammate and model citizen in Buffalo.

Go back to your Tuel threads

You either are the absolute worst evaluator of talent of all time or you are a troll based on the things you say. You are also clearly not a fan when you are gratified that a player on your team had a bad game. Especially CJ who has been a great teammate and model citizen in Buffalo.

Go back to your Tuel threads

That's why it was in quotes. Relax, the game was hours ago.

Aside from Adrian Peterson most of the leagues tops backs struggled today:

Lynch 17 carries 43 yds 2.5 avg

Gore 21 carries 44 yds 2.1 avg

C Johnson 25 carries 70 yds 2.8 avg

MJD 15 carries 45 yds 3.0 avg

Doug Martin 24 carries 65 yds 2.7 avg

Matt Forte 19 carries 50 yds 2.6 avg

Trent Richardson 13 carries 47 yds 3.6 avg

Thats a pretty brutal start for a bunch of guys who were drafted in the top 15 of fantasy drafts this year.

CJ will be fine....he had way too many designed carries inside today...If hackett is any good as an OC he'll be figuring out ways to get CJ the ball in space like Gailey did.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

cj looks like hes always about to fall over, when he gets hit he goes backwards, he drags no one forward for extra yards, he fumbles a lot. I think he kind of sucks if hes not used in space or as a screen/ 3rd down back.

Spiller last year leading the league in YPC and 2nd only to AP with big runs. He was lightning inside and outside last year. Now he has one bad game and you act like this is how he always looks?

Now all of a sudden our stud RB has an off day (one where he is coming fresh off a very personal traumatic off field issue that had him miss time too) and now he somehow (according to this thread):

1. Cant stay healthy - yet he always is

2. Runs like hes falling down - yet he dominated as a starter last year and led the league in YPC

3. Can only run in space - yet had huge runs up the middle last year

4. Is only a change of pace back - yet again, he dominated as a starter when Fred was hurt

5. Fumbles a lot - Yet he has never had more than 2 fumbles in a season ever and Freddie had 4 last year and 10 over the last 3 seasons (to CJ's 6).

I mean this is ridiculous with the CJ Spiller bashing today.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Spiller last year leading the league in YPC and 2nd only to AP with big runs. He was lightning inside and outside last year. Now he has one bad game and you act like this is how he always looks?

Now all of a sudden our stud RB has an off day (one where he is coming fresh off a very personal traumatic off field issue that had him miss time too) and now he somehow (according to this thread):

1. Cant stay healthy - yet he always is

2. Runs like hes falling down - yet he dominated as a starter last year and led the league in YPC

3. Can only run in space - yet had huge runs up the middle last year

4. Is only a change of pace back - yet again, he dominated as a starter when Fred was hurt

5. Fumbles a lot - Yet he has never had more than 2 fumbles in a season ever and Freddie had 4 last year and 10 over the last 3 seasons (to CJ's 6).

I mean this is ridiculous with the CJ Spiller bashing today.

He wasn't a starter last year. When he's a starter, he doesn't lead the league in anything. Easy on the insults too man, your opinion isn't the only one that matters.

How many teams have you been a fan of? Are Pats and Giants fans less whiny than us? The perennial losers? God forbid our "stud" RB have a bad game against our biggest rivals in our home opener, and give them 7 points right off the bat. We have no reason to be upset with him.

Man can't understand all the CJ haters. Yes he had a bad game, and he may not be an all the time primary workhorse back, but his great explosive plays are going to surface again this year. He looked tentative today hitting the holes like he did in his first 2 seasons.

I agree that AP is the best back in the league, but hello AP's first carry today was for a 78 yard TD. Great. After that he had 17 carries for a total of 15 yards. So really add him to the feature backs that really didn't have very good days today.