I wonder if the Bills will be able to run the ball without Levitre

Levitre was the Bills best offensive lineman in the run game. He was very mobile and fast enough to be a great pulling guard. Now that they let him walk I am anxious to see how much it hurts their running game. Spiller was on fire last year, can he be as successful without Levitre opening up huge holes? We'll find out Sunday. It will be interesting to see if Spiller can still get his hundred yards without Levitre. Bills FO say guard is NOT an important position and that's why they won't pay decent money for a guard. I disagree, I think the entire offensive line is one of the most important part of a football team, not just the left tackle. I always say a game is won or lost in the trenches and I will always believe that. QB and O-line is the foundation for a successful offense. :death:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills FO say guard is NOT an important position and that's why they won't pay decent money for a guard.

When did the Bills front office say that?

Isn't it obvious they made a decision to keep Wood over Levitre since they realistically couldn't resign both with an extrnsion for Glenn on the horizon in the next few years?

The problem wasnt letting Levitre walk it was not finding a suitable replacement

Edited by Max997

How was FJax able to effectively run the ball then? CJ had a garbage game but the o-line is not blame.

Could you please tell me how many yards Freddy had on his big day? Must have been over a hundred yards if it was EFFECTIVE. I just can't remember the stats right now, would be so kind as to tell us how big of game Freddy had. Over a hundred we would assume, right?

Are you sure the real reason you stopped reading is because you DON'T know how to read? Do the big words get you confused? :nana:

Thread passed today, CJ didn't get jack s*** . LOL I hate it when I am always right! :nana:

Wait, CJ was the only RB for the Bills today? Do me a favor and add up the Bills' RB yardage and then divide by the number of carries, and then do the same for the Titans. Now who had more yards and a better YPC average? Yeah, I hate it when I am always right. :nana:

Could you please tell me how many yards Freddy had on his big day? Must have been over a hundred yards if it was EFFECTIVE. I just can't remember the stats right now, would be so kind as to tell us how big of game Freddy had. Over a hundred we would assume, right?

This would be a lot more fun if you weren't so bad at being a troll. You want it too much and it's hurting your performance.

The Pats did have a top 10 run D last year. We had 4 YPC against them. The problem was not feeding Freddie more. You have to go w/ the hot hand.

Fred had 100+ all purpose yards today. The best on the team. I think they missed an opportunity by not working him into the ground.

Some here complaining he's lost a step. That, doesn't seem correct. He found some holes and could have used a lot more work.

Levitre was the Bills best offensive lineman in the run game. He was very mobile and fast enough to be a great pulling guard. Now that they let him walk I am anxious to see how much it hurts their running game. Spiller was on fire last year, can he be as successful without Levitre opening up huge holes? We'll find out Sunday. It will be interesting to see if Spiller can still get his hundred yards without Levitre. Bills FO say guard is NOT an important position and that's why they won't pay decent money for a guard. I disagree, I think the entire offensive line is one of the most important part of a football team, not just the left tackle. I always say a game is won or lost in the trenches and I will always believe that. QB and O-line is the foundation for a successful offense. :death:

Andy Levitre was graded as the Bills best O linemen last season by "Pro Football Focus" as they ranked the Buffalo Bills O line at #13 out of 32 last year.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/ranking-the-2012-offensive-lines/2/

I see what the OP is sorta saying. Its just that the Bills were never good at running out of closed formations the last 3 years under Gailey. Even with Levitre in the offense last season the Bills still sucked on 3rd and short running it, and running from closed sets. Its why they usually threw on 3rd and short. So I had my doubts the Bills would do better this year not utilizing running the ball out of spread passing formations like Gailey used.

It does give me pause for concern when the Bills made Spiller their feature back this year and he has 17 carries and only gets 41 yards rushing @ 2.4 YPC avg when he was over 6.0 YPC last season. What was that soundbite by the new Bills OC, we will give Spiller the ball until he throws up? A 2.4 YPC avg for Spiller makes me want to throw up.

Yet FJax managed 5.1 YPC with 13 rushes for 67 yards. Freddy had the hotter hand and yet they gave Spiller more carries. My take is FJax is more elusive in making that first tackler miss, and the Patriots defenders were more focused on stopping Spiller and weren't as concerned about Freddy. Also, I think the Patriots defenders didn't blitz very much with the thinking that EJ didn't see very many 1st string coverage's in pre season so they would rather sit back and wait for him to make a mistake rather then blitz. Which to his credit, he didn't do.

So yea, if the Bills can't find a way to run better out of closed sets...it could be a long year for CJ.

We should have kept him and the lines our the foundation but lets see if Colin can develop and the line jells, hopefully spiller just had a bad game as Fred played well as usual.

When did the Bills front office say that?

Isn't it obvious they made a decision to keep Wood over Levitre since they realistically couldn't resign both with an extrnsion for Glenn on the horizon in the next few years?

The problem wasnt letting Levitre walk it was not finding a suitable replacement

The Media said that they said Guard wasn't that important. With the cap space we have we should have signed him, you don't let your best players go.

Fred had 100+ all purpose yards today. The best on the team. I think they missed an opportunity by not

working him into the ground.

Some here complaining he's lost a step. That, doesn't seem correct. He found some holes and could have used a lot more work.

you mean until he pukes :D

Andy Levitre was graded as the Bills best O linemen last season by "Pro Football Focus" as they ranked the Buffalo Bills O line at #13 out of 32 last year.

https://www.profootb...ensive-lines/2/

I see what the OP is sorta saying. Its just that the Bills were never good at running out of closed formations the last 3 years under Gailey. Even with Levitre in the offense last season the Bills still sucked on 3rd and short running it, and running from closed sets. Its why they usually threw on 3rd and short. So I had my doubts the Bills would do better this year not utilizing running the ball out of spread passing formations like Gailey used.

It does give me pause for concern when the Bills made Spiller their feature back this year and he has 17 carries and only gets 41 yards rushing @ 2.4 YPC avg when he was over 6.0 YPC last season. What was that soundbite by the new Bills OC, we will give Spiller the ball until he throws up? A 2.4 YPC avg for Spiller makes me want to throw up.

Yet FJax managed 5.1 YPC with 13 rushes for 67 yards. Freddy had the hotter hand and yet they gave Spiller more carries. My take is FJax is more elusive in making that first tackler miss, and the Patriots defenders were more focused on stopping Spiller and weren't as concerned about Freddy. Also, I think the Patriots defenders didn't blitz very much with the thinking that EJ didn't see very many 1st string coverage's in pre season so they would rather sit back and wait for him to make a mistake rather then blitz. Which to his credit, he didn't do.

So yea, if the Bills can't find a way to run better out of closed sets...it could be a long year for CJ.

By closed sets do you mean short yardage and FBs? (never heard of closed sets before)