Duff's

Beerball

I went to Anchor Bar and got wings. Was planning on just grabbing a beer, then heading to Duff's. Decided to just eat there.

I'm glad we did. Beerball had actually told me, prior to the trip that, Anchor Bar's wings were decent.

I've seen them slammed quite a bit on this site.

I thought they were delicious. Got the hot ones. They could have been a tad hotter, but they still had a little kick.

Great flavor. Nice crispness. Nice meatiness. And we got 20 for $20. Beer prices were fair and the bartenders were very nice.

Oh .... Then there was the red head.

I've had nothing but good experiences at Anchor Bar (the original, not the ****ty franchises that opened in Rochester for a spell). Every wing was cooked well and sauced. My only complaint is that last time Jimmy Fallon was seated at the table next to mine and despite my repeated requests to move to a funnier area of the dining room, the waitstaff tried to convince me that Fever Pitch was a good movie.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had nothing but good experiences at Anchor Bar (the original, not the ****ty franchises that opened in Rochester for a spell). Every wing was cooked well and sauced. My only complaint is that last time Jimmy Fallon was seated at the table next to mine and despite my repeated requests to move to a funnier area of the dining room, the waitstaff tried to convince me that Fever Pitch was a good movie.

I tried to get a pic of the gorgeous redhead, but I ended up with a pic of a chihuahua in a fat chick's lap. That's my luck.

People are too picky? You've said some outlandish things around here, but that might stay near the top for a while. I paid my hard earned bucks and was much less than satisfied and I came here and said why. The waitress couldn't have cared less when I questioned her about the wings (could she have made things right? hell yeah, after I explained the situation she could have brought me a handful of wings extra crispy, light sauce). A pitcher of 'premium' beer tasted like rotgut. If you've got a secret code (extra crispy, light sauce, heavy sauce etc. etc. etc.) that tells me you don't care one little bit about my business. That's ok, I'm an out of towner and they don't care about me, but if I can spread the word on the food, beverage and service you bet your bippy I will.

I never had a problem @ the OP location... Actually, been there many times... Everytime we come into town, which is about every other month...

Customers always complain no matter what. @ one place a lady starts ragging on the manager because she saw people eating in the kitchen... The manager agrees to pay their bill or she will call the health dpeartment... The bill was 80 bucks! The lady is all happy then and gladly loves her free food... LoL

Should I have tried to extort a free meal out of them? I saw the same thing? Something tells me this lady has done this before!

Most people are brutal and can't be pleased. I am not saying you can't... But honestly, we never had a problem there.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Wings can be made a 1,000 different ways. Don't like them... Move on a try another place. I understand the power of a negative review. It is deserved many times. We have been to all the places and the OP location is not bad. I guess I am just not that picky. Sorry for speaking up. I just don't agree with the reviews of the OP location. Maybe we hit it just right? Who knows?

It amazes me how polarizing the Duff's conversation always is. I actually like the wings swimming in sauce soup as they tend to be at the Amherst location but I have friends who hate it. I haven't been in a while but they used to have a killer lunch special there when I was living/working in that area.

I agree that the Orchard Park location doesn't seem as good and I thought the Eastern Hills Mall Duff's was terrible the one time I tried it out.

For all of you who still live in the Buffalo area you should feel pleased that you have these kinds of choices as even the low end WNY wings likely beat most in the rest of the country.

I never thought I'd find anything close in Syracuse where I am now but for anyone who is or ever will be in the area Change of Pace Sports Bar is pretty d@mn good and this is coming from an admitted wing snob.

Wings can be made a 1,000 different ways. Don't like them... Move on a try another place. I understand the power of a negative review. It is deserved many times. We have been to all the places and the OP location is not bad. I guess I am just not that picky. Sorry for speaking up. I just don't agree with the reviews of the OP location. Maybe we hit it just right? Who knows?

Duff's is not very good, there are just so many other better places to go. Are they worst? No. That goes to the sick Son of a B*tch that says he microwaves his wings when there was thread about "how to prepare wings" on this board awhile ago.

It amazes me how polarizing the Duff's conversation always is. I actually like the wings swimming in sauce soup as they tend to be at the Amherst location but I have friends who hate it. I haven't been in a while but they used to have a killer lunch special there when I was living/working in that area.

I agree that the Orchard Park location doesn't seem as good and I thought the Eastern Hills Mall Duff's was terrible the one time I tried it out.

For all of you who still live in the Buffalo area you should feel pleased that you have these kinds of choices as even the low end WNY wings likely beat most in the rest of the country.

I never thought I'd find anything close in Syracuse where I am now but for anyone who is or ever will be in the area Change of Pace Sports Bar is pretty d@mn good and this is coming from an admitted wing snob.

Exactly. Then try going w/children who prefer them all different ways! People will learn to be a little less discerning and enjoy things for what they are... I am just saying.

Negativity tends to full itsefl more than being positive. Just look @ the Main Board.

I standing by my Blues Traveller crack!

:-P

Duff's is not very good, there are just so many other better places to go. Are they worst? No. That goes to the sick Son of a B*tch that says he microwaves his wings when there was thread about "how to prepare wings" on this board awhile ago.

Last time... August/last month. We actually went to The Warehouse... Boy that places gets polarizing reviews! LoL...

If the wings were swimming in sauce and crispy then I wouldn't care. But the wings I had would have been soggy swimming in sauce or unsauced. There was still so much unrendered fat left in the skin that it was hard to eat. Even the fries were soggy. I'm pretty sure Duffs just cruises along never letting their oil get back up to temp.

For some reason, I've found the Orchard Park Duff's to be nowhere near as good as the original in Amherst....

. Been saying that for years here! I had a conversation with the manager at the op duffs about their wings. I complained snd they brought out two extra wings. F- them.

Bar Bill, Gabriel's Gate and the most underrated Mammoser's in Hamburg. Had some there on Saturday night... big, very crispy and not overly sauced. Duff's does not make a good wing IMO.

. Agree here. Never been to the gate!

Have you tried Wings Over Syracuse?

http://wingsover.com/locations/detail?location=11

I found them to be pretty good, plus fast delivery. Their garlic parmesan is a dry rub, not a sauce. Very tasty.

Have you tried Wings Over Syracuse?

http://wingsover.com...ail?location=11

I found them to be pretty good, plus fast delivery. Their garlic parmesan is a dry rub, not a sauce. Very tasty.

I have heard it mentioned in the Syracuse area before as having good wings.

Haven't been able to try it out yet though. From what I was told it is take-out only and seeing I am up in Liverpool it is a little far (10+ miles) for a pick-up order or delivery.

If I ever end up in parking Skytop for an SU football game I'll make sure to run over and grab an order first to see what the fuss is about. :thumbsup:

Haven't been able to try it out yet though. From what I was told it is take-out only and seeing I am up in Liverpool it is a little far (10+ miles) for a pick-up order or delivery.

Yep, take out only. You could sit on the curb though if you want to eat them there.