Duff's

Beerball

Gee. I wonder how many different ways there are to make wings... LoL. My God , maybe they should standardize it.

Even Duff's locations seem to be infighting... Even calling the erroneous ownership of their locations! LoL..

Only in Buffalo/WNY!

Anyway... It is all what you like w/this stuff. Just keeping on trying until you hit a place that fits your taste!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to all you Duff's aficionados. I just had some medium hot wings, wife had medium wings. The medium looked ok. Wife said they were ok. The medium hot were swimming in sauce. They were soggy. They weren't hot or medium hot. They were very mediocre wings. I called the waitress over and asked her if the wings always came so soggy. She said yes. I asked about my wife's and she said that the hotter you order them the saucier they are. So much for good, hot crispy wings. Extremely disappointing, I've had better in Texas. To get hot wings you make hotter sauce, you don't put more sauce on a wing.

Also got a pitcher of SA Oktoberfest. They need to clean out their lines, yuck.

Bad start to the opener weekend for me.

Where should I go next time?

Thats been my experience the last few times at Duffs. Soggy wings are unforgivable.

I always get suicide, they are not soaking in the sauce like the hot, although that never was an issue with me. Just had them the other day at the Eastern Hills Mall location and they were delicious!

Edited by ricojes

. Duffs on sheridan

. If you can get in. Different style of wing

. Santora are small

agree. Ask for crispy!

If you go to the orchard park one and are expecting good wings you will be pissed. The sheridan owner is not thrilled with the op duff's. owned by a canadian

I guess that explains why I think Duff's sucks. The few times I have went there I go to the one in OP. Their wings suck. Most of the waitresses are pretty hot though & they are always wearing skimpy tshirts.

To me, a professional chef for the past 16 years, Duffs is the best in town. If ordered hot and crispy, there are no better wings served in Buffalo. Some people hate the fact that they are extremely liberal with the sauce, but for me that's what makes them the best. To each their own, I suppose.

Why would anyone not go to Sheridan Duffs? Nothing in Buffalo is further than a 20 minute drive. Just make the pilgrimage.

right-on

To me, a professional chef for the past 16 years, Duffs is the best in town. If ordered hot and crispy, there are no better wings served in Buffalo. Some people hate the fact that they are extremely liberal with the sauce, but for me that's what makes them the best. To each their own, I suppose.

. My wife loves them that way. She like the extra sauce.

I have found that I don't have to go very far to get very, very good wings. In North Tonawanda; Dwyer's, The Village Inn, Klimek's, and Sawyer Creek all are above average in taste and size.

This is mostly due to the cook/bartender. I don't know how he does it. Went on a 6 year hiatus from any type of bar food cooking, yet jumps right back in and mixes up some serious wings while tending bar! And this isn't even his real job!

Sorry to all you Duff's aficionados. I just had some medium hot wings, wife had medium wings. The medium looked ok. Wife said they were ok. The medium hot were swimming in sauce. They were soggy. They weren't hot or medium hot. They were very mediocre wings. I called the waitress over and asked her if the wings always came so soggy. She said yes. I asked about my wife's and she said that the hotter you order them the saucier they are. So much for good, hot crispy wings. Extremely disappointing, I've had better in Texas. To get hot wings you make hotter sauce, you don't put more sauce on a wing.

Also got a pitcher of SA Oktoberfest. They need to clean out their lines, yuck.

I had moot been to Duffs in a long time, but the crew I was with wanted to try them, so we were there Saturday afternoon. To a man, we thought the wings were godawful, beer tasted funky and we waited close to an hour for a table.

never again for us

You should have come out to Danny's instead of staying in for the Matlock Marathon.

:lol: OK, next year Danny's. Wife will have to behave though cuz she's driving.

Why would anyone not go to Sheridan Duffs? Nothing in Buffalo is further than a 20 minute drive. Just make the pilgrimage.

That's where we were.

Thats the only Duffs I've ever been to. Each time my wings have been soggy.

Bingo!

I had moot been to Duffs in a long time, but the crew I was with wanted to try them, so we were there Saturday afternoon. To a man, we thought the wings were godawful, beer tasted funky and we waited close to an hour for a table.

never again for us

Glad I'm not the only one. Lots of others to try next time around.

I went to Anchor Bar and got wings. Was planning on just grabbing a beer, then heading to Duff's. Decided to just eat there.

I'm glad we did. Beerball had actually told me, prior to the trip that, Anchor Bar's wings were decent.

I've seen them slammed quite a bit on this site.

I thought they were delicious. Got the hot ones. They could have been a tad hotter, but they still had a little kick.

Great flavor. Nice crispness. Nice meatiness. And we got 20 for $20. Beer prices were fair and the bartenders were very nice.

Oh .... Then there was the red head.

People are just too damn picky.

"...Tra la la la la bomba dear this is the pilot speaking

And I've got some news for you

It seems my ship still stands no matter what you drop

And there ain't a whole lot that you can do

Oh sure the banner may be torn and the wind's gotten colder

Perhaps I've grown a little cynical

But I know no matter what the waitress brings

I shall drink in and always be full

Yeah, I will drink in and always be full..."

People are just too damn picky.

"...Tra la la la la bomba dear this is the pilot speaking

And I've got some news for you

It seems my ship still stands no matter what you drop

And there ain't a whole lot that you can do

Oh sure the banner may be torn and the wind's gotten colder

Perhaps I've grown a little cynical

But I know no matter what the waitress brings

I shall drink in and always be full

Yeah, I will drink in and always be full..."

People are too picky? You've said some outlandish things around here, but that might stay near the top for a while. I paid my hard earned bucks and was much less than satisfied and I came here and said why. The waitress couldn't have cared less when I questioned her about the wings (could she have made things right? hell yeah, after I explained the situation she could have brought me a handful of wings extra crispy, light sauce). A pitcher of 'premium' beer tasted like rotgut. If you've got a secret code (extra crispy, light sauce, heavy sauce etc. etc. etc.) that tells me you don't care one little bit about my business. That's ok, I'm an out of towner and they don't care about me, but if I can spread the word on the food, beverage and service you bet your bippy I will.

People are too picky? You've said some outlandish things around here, but that might stay near the top for a while. I paid my hard earned bucks and was much less than satisfied and I came here and said why. The waitress couldn't have cared less when I questioned her about the wings (could she have made things right? hell yeah, after I explained the situation she could have brought me a handful of wings extra crispy, light sauce). A pitcher of 'premium' beer tasted like rotgut. If you've got a secret code (extra crispy, light sauce, heavy sauce etc. etc. etc.) that tells me you don't care one little bit about my business. That's ok, I'm an out of towner and they don't care about me, but if I can spread the word on the food, beverage and service you bet your bippy I will.

What is a bippy? And how do you know Exiled has one?