Should the Bills get new DT's in the offseason?

Jerry Jabber

If the Bills run "D" doesn't improve, should the Bills look to replace both Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. If the Bills run "D" doesn't improve, should the Bills look to replace both Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus?

this one is pretty good . so lets see

From what preseason has reported to my eyes and ears. We have some decent tackles playing in a decent scheme with some very decent technique . almost every play. And both of the starters are healthy. so thats good too. Branch is pretty big . Bryant is up and coming and earned his position. we also have a guy on the practice squad that was making some darned good plays i think. so i like that.

That being said.

If we have 6 or even seven picks next year in the draft, i vote as of this moment we draft a DT . And I am confident this will happen. I suggest keeping tabs on FA also and any released players. Good call on the OP.

Cant have too many decent tackles under Pettine.

umm ya we should replace D coordinators or HC's first and then see....oh wait we did that. who would vote yes and remove a pro bowler and first round prototype DT??? it wasn't there fault the d sucked. It was also horrible linebackers....did the OP not read my post on the history of LB's this last decade??? what a joke they have been. 4 years of kieth elisson, poz the only high round pick, constant retreads like kawika, Barnett, Morrison, torbor. oh and Kelsey and spencer Johnson actually played the position for 1 of those years.

Hallelujah! Amen!

After seeing the Bills get shredded on the ground against the Skins in the 3rd preseason game, minus their star running QB [RGIII], you have to start questioning if the Bills have the right players at DT.

don't think either one played in that game

umm ya we should replace D coordinators or HC's first and then see....oh wait we did that. who would vote yes and remove a pro bowler and first round prototype DT??? it wasn't there fault the d sucked. It was also horrible linebackers....did the OP not read my post on the history of LB's this last decade??? what a joke they have been. 4 years of kieth elisson, poz the only high round pick, constant retreads like kawika, Barnett, Morrison, torbor. oh and Kelsey and spencer Johnson actually played the position for 1 of those years.

don't think either one played in that game

Both KW & Dareus played, check the nfl link I posted in the thread. The Bills starting defense got shredded by a 3rd & 4th string QB, and the Redskins RB's ran wild on them as well.

Jesus. Can we play just one friggin snap in 2013 before we worry about player acquisitions in 2014!?

Good Point! But, if EJ pans out we need to start finding his replacement for the 2021 season.

Maybe dareus just isnt that good. He played on a stacked Alabama team so maybe it made him look better than he really is.

he was A great DT at Alabama. NFL? Well the jury is still out.

Charles Romes is scared to death that Dareus is an unmotivated out of shape Haynesworthian bust and that kyle's feet are.shot. The only hope is that wanny was incompetent and things are not as bad as they looked last year, or preseason games 3 and 4. . We will find out Sunday by about 1:30.

Fixed. Every one you are absolutely sure about is scared,

I know this going to be unpopular to say, but if Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus can't get it done up front this season, then it's time the Bills look to replace those guys next season. I like both players, but the run defense has been atrocious for years now and it needs to be fixed. In the preseason, the Bills got shredded on the ground by the Redskins who were without RGIII. Last year, the run defense ranked 31st giving up 145.8 YPG; 2011: 28th with 139.0 YPG; and 2010: 32nd giving up 169.8 YPG.

Lets wait and see how this season goes

Some people are reacting to this subject similar to the Lee Evans topic years back on if he was a #1 WR and if his skills were declining. People can try and live in denial that KW and Dareus weren't playing against the Redskins in the 3rd preseason game, but they were...imagine how bad the stats would have been if the Bills played against a healthy RGIII and he ran a few option plays in the first half, instead of playing against 3rd and 4th string QB's.

With Byrd requesting a trade, having no CB's on the roster, and basically only having 4 offensive linemen on the roster, I think DL will be cool for a minute. No DL drafted where we would take him (4th or later) will outplay either of those two guys