places to eat & see in Buffalo? (coming to KC game)

Rockee96

Hi Everyone,

I will be flying out to Buffalo from California for the KC game in November.

This will be the first trip my wife and I will be taking after we got married earlier this year, so I want to make it a memorable experience (it would help a lot if they win the game).

I was wondering if you can recommend some good places to eat and also visit during our 3-day stay? Can you share your thoughts on:

Best place to eat pizza (New York style)

Hot Dogs

Wings (do you know a good local restaurant, instead of the big chains?)

Nice places for a newly married couple to visit (besides Niagara Falls)?

Thank you so much! Go Bills!

I'll be at the tailgate (with several packs of beer and chips), so I look forward to meeting you!

-Thomas

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bozanna's is actually out of business, it was good pizza though.

Ted's for hot dogs

For pizza i would say bocce's (on bailey ave) or try rocco's in williamsville, it's a really nice place. Zetti's pizza has good NY style.

Wings I would have to go with Duffs or try a place off of elmwood called Gabriels gate(145 Allen St).

GO BILLS!! Hope you enjoy your stay in the B-LO

Edited by Don't stop billievein

Hi Everyone,

I will be flying out to Buffalo from California for the KC game in November.

This will be the first trip my wife and I will be taking after we got married earlier this year, so I want to make it a memorable experience (it would help a lot if they win the game).

I was wondering if you can recommend some good places to eat and also visit during our 3-day stay? Can you share your thoughts on:

Best place to eat pizza (New York style)

Hot Dogs

Wings (do you know a good local restaurant, instead of the big chains?)

Nice places for a newly married couple to visit (besides Niagara Falls)?

Thank you so much! Go Bills!

I'll be at the tailgate (with several packs of beer and chips), so I look forward to meeting you!

-Thomas

Pizza-Bocce's on Bailey

Hot Dogs-Ted's

Wings Duff's or Big Tree Inn

I miss a pizza place... Pontillio's?

We used to always go up to and stay with a friend in Spencerport. I've not been there in 10 years or so... yet, I remember how to get there and found it on Google Earth just by remembering the number of turns and roads to pass. It is way off 90, by a school and on Webster. God, I am going to be hardcore geeking on nostalgia all week.

For wings and pizza try Casa di Pizza on Elmwood Ave.

Steak sandwiches, Jim's Steak out cor. Elmwood & Allen

Wings are good at either Danny's or The Big tree Inn. Both are right next to Ralph Wilson Stadium, cor of Abbott & Big Tree.

Definitely definitely Ted's for hot dogs. Several locations around town.

PTR

Good luck with your trip. I made a similar trip to WNY for training camp at the beginning of August, and hd a great time. I came on here and asked for advice too, so you can check it out to get good info.

http://forums.twobil...e/#entry2845820

As far as wings, I went to Duff's (which has many locations) and The Buffalo Brew Pub in Depew. Duff's was very good, but I would say the Brew Pub was about 5% better, so if you're out in Depew's direction, stop in. It's not hard to find off of the throughway, if I remember correctly.

Make sure you come back to thread after the game and let us know how the trip went!

Agree with Bocce Club Pizza on Bailey Ave. Best pizza IMO. This is not a restaurant, they only do take out fyi. Also, you've got to try some sponge candy when in Buffalo. There's a place called Wahl's and there sponge candy is awesome!

Edited by DDD

I miss a pizza place... Pontillio's?

We used to always go up to and stay with a friend in Spencerport. I've not been there in 10 years or so... yet, I remember how to get there and found it on Google Earth just by remembering the number of turns and roads to pass. It is way off 90, by a school and on Webster. God, I am going to be hardcore geeking on nostalgia all week.

Pontillos are still around. Don't know about that location but they are alive.

Yup. Started in Batavia, right in the middle of the Rochester and Buffalo, and moved East.

Still in the same place in Bat-town, just another name because of family disfuctionality. Still great pizza@!

At least one stop at Mighty Taco is obligatory, also.

We grew up on Mighty and love it, but an outsider would say what the &*$! is this suppose to be? It is an acquired taste. Always better after a night of drinking on the way home.