places to eat & see in Buffalo? (coming to KC game)

Rockee96

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kill 2 birds with (1) stone & go to Bar Bills in East Aurora.

Great wings (different flavors), and excellent beef on weck.

(not too far from Orchard Park / the "Ralph")

can't say i've been to many other places in Buffalo recently to compare but when i go back, i'll go right to Bar Bills for lunch. couldn't imagine much better beef on weck and a very friendly place on a friday afternoon. i'd forgotten the local way of giving directions. i asked the best way to rochester and the guy at the bar gave me 3 options, all including " you take THE 26 (or whatever) to THE 90...i don't know of anywhere else that says "the' before a route number but it seems pretty universal in WNY. anyway, good food, nice folks and characteristically local to me. Edited by birdog1960

Aside from food, what are some good sights to visit in or around Buffalo? I'll have three extra days to kill with my (almost) eighteen year old son. When we are not shopping for Bills and Sabres merch, we are going to need other distractions until game day!

Aside from food, what are some good sights to visit in or around Buffalo? I'll have three extra days to kill with my (almost) eighteen year old son. When we are not shopping for Bills and Sabres merch, we are going to need other distractions until game day!

Make sure you see Niagara Falls depending on the weather do maid of the mist. You will get wet so plan accordingly.

you could hit up the galleria mall if you are chicks and like to shop

niagara falls is worth a visit if you have never been, kill an afternoon doing that (also the Aquarium of Niagara is that way if thats your thing)

if you are into hiking there are some cool trails to hike, could go and see the "Eternal Flame"

get a hotel with an indoor pool and hot tub for hours of entertainment

if you are into museums/galleries you can go to Albright Knox Art Gallery (modern/contemporary Art), also the Buffalo Zoo and the Buffalo Museum of Science