Ron Brooks to Start at CB

FutureBillsGM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooks has some skills, he hits, and has ball skills. But, his speed and cover ability are suspect. Last year against Indy, Ty Hilton left him in the dust, Brooks cannot run with the burners. So, I look for this to be trouble...not saying I have a better answer, just that the Pats will make use of that situation I am afraid. Brooks reminds me of a young Drayton Florence. (who the Bills cut because he was getting burned to often)

4.37 in the 40.

If you blitz Brady, he will kill you. the key is to generate pressure with 4.

Particularly inside pressure.

Get right in his face.

I really can't believe we didn't address the other CB spot opposite Gilmore in the offseason. Now we are in a real mess now that Gilmore is out. Brady is going to pick these guys apart. Nothing frustrates me more than seeing Brooks or McKelvin 10 yards off their man and then watching them do a little curl or out and picking up 7-8 yards every play. These guys need to get physical this week imo

Edited by kdiggz

I really can't believe we didn't address the other CB spot opposite Gilmore in the offseason. Now we are in a real mess now that Gilmore is out. Brady is going to pick these guys apart. Nothing frustrates me more than seeing Brooks or McKelvin 10 yards off their man and then watching them do a little curl or out and picking up 7-8 yards every play. These guys need to get physical this week imo

They did address the other corner in the offseason - they resigned McKelvin - who actually looked pretty good toward the end of last year when he got back in the DB line up. It hurts having Gilmore out no doubt, but I do not expect Pettine to adjust his style and plays the CB's "10 yards off". They will be pressing and physical. Brooks can hit and is faster than any of the Patriots receivers. The key will be covering Amendola - besides that they have no one to be afraid of. Lets see how Danny Boy does after getting rocked a few times. I am quite sure the game plan will be to hit their receivers often and hard. No comparison to any of the previous defensive coaches we have had.

Spiller out of the backfield should scare the hell out of them as well.

Very true, but he doesn't have Brady throwing it to him. Hopefully EJ can erase the memory of all those terribly overthrown balls to Spiller where CJ had 3-4 steps on his man in the first place.

Pats haven't seemed to play the deep game so much since Moss left.

The Pats kicked the Bills tail last year by establishing the run on that crappy hybrid nickel with Bryan Scott as MLB.

Belli has always been adept at exploiting weak LBs. This game will be a great test for Kiko.

The front 7 wins or loses this game....

Very true, but he doesn't have Brady throwing it to him. Hopefully EJ can erase the memory of all those terribly overthrown balls to Spiller where CJ had 3-4 steps on his man in the first place.

That shouldn't be a problem for EJ.

If the pass rush can't get to Brady Sunday, Brooks will be toast. Brady has torn up some very good DBs in his career if he can throw comfortably. The defense, if that can hit him early, can protect the CBs and if they don't, it will be a long day for the team and its fans.

it's fun looking back on this topic when last year at this time we were angsting about how brooks had to go onto pup because he looked so good in preseason.

the season is about to start

We are a desperate folk annually about now. Even though the optimism is peaking for Bills fans we are border line, treatable patients for the nearest psych study