Bills have 5th toughest schedule to start season

papazoid

5. Buffalo Bills

Imagine you’re new head coach Doug Marrone. You’re facing the prospect of starting a rookie quarterback — injured first-rounder E.J. Manuel or undrafted Jeff Tuel — right off the bat, with the Patriots, Panthers and Ravens (three of the hottest teams down the stretch last season) coming to town looking to whoop some tail. At least their one roadie in that stretch is at the Jets.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-preview-week-teams-toughest-four-game-stretch-140628822--nfl.html

I think the game that will tell us the most of those three is Carolina. On paper they are no better then we are. Strong in the middle, decently rounded on D. Their offense has weapons but are very inconsistent.

If we go 1-2 and only beat Carolina I think that many would be fine. Going 0-3 will bring frustration. 2-3 would be the better end of the optomist. 3-0, for us, at this pointwould mean little . We have started strong numerous times. We need to build steam and keep it not be a flash in the pan.

I hate the "looking back at last season" type of rational. It's not like any of these teams are the same as last year.

Look at the Ravens. Who knows how good their D will be with more than half of them new starters. Their O was never very dynamic and Flacco is only lights out in the post season. I'm not impressed with the Ravens chances of getting back to the playoffs.

As for Carolina it all depends on which Cam shows up. If its the bad Cam the Bills have a decent shot.

The Pats? Even though they've lost a lot of weapons I don't think there's a chance in hell the Bills win unless Brady has a 5int day - and even then it would be a nail biter.

5. Buffalo Bills

Imagine you're new head coach Doug Marrone. You're facing the prospect of starting a rookie quarterback — injured first-rounder E.J. Manuel or undrafted Jeff Tuel — right off the bat, with the Patriots, Panthers and Ravens (three of the hottest teams down the stretch last season) coming to town looking to whoop some tail. At least their one roadie in that stretch is at the Jets.

http://sports.yahoo....28822--nfl.html

....and I wouldn't even put $ on them beating the Jets.

Again you cant go game by game, no one does its a four quarter season.

New England Patriots - Patriots banking on untested wideouts just like the Bills on offense, same defense that ranked 29th against the pass and 25th overall. Bills have been competitive the last two years despite only having a few weapons, seem to have more this year. Defensively the secondary is a mess recent games the Pats have shredded Pettines defense like everyone else.

LOSS

Carolina - Rob Chudzinski a big part of their offensive success exits for Cleveland, they bring in Mike Shula as OC first time he's called plays in 14 years. Carolina won one more game than Buffalo yet they seem to get the benefit of the doubt while Buffalo doesn't. Don't forget they have the great Dwan Edwards

WIN

New York Jets - Their defense should be atleast capable but the offense could be brutal, as long as you don't turn it over the Jets will struggle put up 17 -game.

WIN

Baltimore Ravens - This is a 10-6 team that lost Pitta, Bolden, on defense no Ed Reed or Pollard or Ray Ray- they did add Dumerville. Again 10-6 with 5 wins either by 3 or less or in overtime. Of course you have to credit them for the playoff fortunes but this September 2013

WIN

first quarter 3-1

I hate the "looking back at last season" type of rational. It's not like any of these teams are the same as last year.

Look at the Ravens. Who knows how good their D will be with more than half of them new starters. Their O was never very dynamic and Flacco is only lights out in the post season. I'm not impressed with the Ravens chances of getting back to the playoffs.

As for Carolina it all depends on which Cam shows up. If its the bad Cam the Bills have a decent shot.

The Pats? Even though they've lost a lot of weapons I don't think there's a chance in hell the Bills win unless Brady has a 5int day - and even then it would be a nail biter.

Truth.

The first two games will be a big test for the Bills.

If they beat the Patriots, which could happen, they will have to keep momentum against a tough Panthers team.

One thing to remember is that the Panthers play the Seahawks in week 1. If the Panthers lose that game, then the Bills face a team that will be desperate to avoid starting 0-2.

You should hate it because what you say is absolutely correct. Maybe these media types are lazy? Who knows, but almost all of them make their predictions based on last year. Useless to me.

Additionally they will say a team is going to be way better because they signed a certain player in the off season. As though the chemistry is going to be identical to his last team and his performance will be the same. Not realistic.

The good teams dont necessarily have a heavy dose of stars, they have chemistry among their team mates and coaches. I think the New England Patriots are a pretty good example.

The first two games will be a big test for the Bills.

If they beat the Patriots, which could happen, they will have to keep momentum against a tough Panthers team.

One thing to remember is that the Panthers play the Seahawks in week 1. If the Panthers lose that game, then the Bills face a team that will be desperate to avoid starting 0-2.

Good point. I'm rooting for Carolina in their 1st game. I want lynch to have 200 yards, just behind cj at 215. But still want seahawks to lose this game.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl