Got to love Marrone's optimism

Q: Would you rather have Kevin healthy in terms of having a veteran?

A: I try to deal with the situation for what it is and honestly that really helps me deal with it. Rather than me walk in here going, ‘Ugh I don’t know. Gosh. You’re right; we’ve never seen these guys play before.’

I’m like, ‘Hey this is awesome. Let’s go get it and let’s get after somebody and see how it goes.’

Also said he didn't believe in O-line continuity and that it's his job to put the best 5 out there and make them ready to perform.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Doug-Marrone-provides-a-QB-update/fd5c881f-3934-4228-bec8-df85c9915c7e

really? spoken like a man who doesn't care if his 1st round QB gets battered or his big play RB averages 3.3 yards a carry.

Actually, Marrone said that he wants to put the 5 best players out on the field. If they are his five best players who *can* play their positions, why wouldn't it be better than some undersized person getting run over by a DT and cause the same damage you mention above. I will take my chances with the 5 best players.

really? spoken like a man who doesn't care if his 1st round QB gets battered or his big play RB averages 3.3 yards a carry.

1. I bet you didn't even read or listen to the actual comments; and

2. you sound like you have an axe to grind.

Marrone is a former O-Lineman and OL coach, lest you forgot. The guy knows a thing or two about OL play.

Edited by eball

Thats what you take out of that? I beg to differ. First off spiller has so much speed and great vision that he can make a marginal line look fairly decent. If hes healthy all year 3.3 is not going to happen. Your saying his production will drop almost 50 percent. As for our qb....all of them take shots...its football and if im behind center, I want the best 5 in front of me too. I really dont get your post guess we will all just have to wait and see Edited by billsfan_34

1. I bet you didn't even read or listen to the actual comments; and

2. you sound like you have an axe to grind.

Marrone is a former O-Lineman and OL coach, lest you forgot. The guy knows a thing or two about OL play.

I was thinking the same thing about Marrone's pretty extensive O-line coaching and how its strange that he downplays continuity. Its the opposite of everything I've ever heard coaches or linemen say, but it makes me feel better about letting Levitre walk.

It makes more sense to me now anyway because I couldn't understand how with a rookie QB you would let your only consistent O lineman (and a blindside one at that) walk away when you have plenty of money to keep him.

We'll see if he's right on Sunday.

There's a simple fact here that people love to ignore. As fans and assuming we even are fans, we're generally in one or another position come this time of the year. We're either extremely optimistic that the team will finally succeed or we're pessimistic based on the fact that we haven't smelled success in so long. When all is said and done, I'm just happy that there's change. The Gailey/Fitzpatrick experiment is over. Whether EJ succeeds or not, that's a good change. The days of running Spiller and Jackson 50-50 are over. The team is finally going to give their most talented offensive player the ball until he "throws up or asks to come out". They didn't pay Byrd top safety money and now it just so happens he's dealing with plantar fascitis and barely practicing. While I'm not happy he has plantar, it's still good news that they didn't cave and pay the man given that he can't even get on the field. Last and most important is the basic point of the OP. Marrone is going to put the best 5 guys on the field at the position that he knows the most about. How can we be pessimistic about that? Are we mad because they let Levitre walk in lieu of paying a guard top dollar? Personally, I'm not. The two most important postions on the offensive line are center and left tackle. Eric Wood has proved to be much better than average and Glenn was a beast last year despite being a rookie. Optimistic? Go ahead and label me as such.