Bills to sign K Dan Carpenter

FluffHead

I'm just trying to envision Carpenter's press conferences.

Several weeks ago: "I think the Dolphins have a great long-term plan in place, and I'm excited to be part of that plan."

Two weeks ago: "I'm not happy about being cut by the Dolphins. But at least I've landed on my feet, and can prepare for my future as a New York Jet."

One week ago: "I'm looking forward to a long career as an Arizona Cardinal."

Today: "I couldn't be happier to be a Buffalo Bill. This franchise is moving in the right direction, and I expect to be part of that for many years to come."

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any update on hopkins injury?

Hopkins is definitely out on Sunday. Now we know why Carpenter signed on with the Bills instead of competing for the Browns kicking job.. His salary will be guaranteed for the season after week 1 even if he's released after Hopkins is ready to get back in the lineup.

Hopkins is definitely out on Sunday. Now we know why Carpenter signed on with the Bills instead of competing for the Browns kicking job.. His salary will be guaranteed for the season after week 1 even if he's released after Hopkins is ready to get back in the lineup.

Not bad pay for a game or three of work.

So the Bills will pay him through December even if he's gone in mid-September?

Pretty aggressive.

I was actually wondering today if they'd just give him an incentive laden deal. Like 300K for every field goal he kicks against New England, 100K for every PAT, 75K for every kickoff.

So the Bills will pay him through December even if he's gone in mid-September?

Pretty aggressive.

I was actually wondering today if they'd just give him an incentive laden deal. Like 300K for every field goal he kicks against New England, 100K for every PAT, 75K for every kickoff.

That's exactly why you see many vested veteran players being picked up after week one has been completed.

I'm sorry. Please help me follow.

If you pick up a vested veteran after week one, then they only get paid for the games played. If they're on the roster for the opening game, they get paid for the whole season.

I'm sorry. Please help me follow.

A veteran vested NFL player's salary becomes guaranteed after the 1st week of the season. Lots of good NFL players will remain Street Free Agents until then. Many of them will get signed after week one because teams can release them at any time without being responsible for their salary for the remainder of the season.

A veteran vested NFL player's salary becomes guaranteed after the 1st week of the season. Lots of good NFL players will remain Street Free Agents until then. Many of them will get signed after week one because teams can release them at any time without being responsible for their salary for the remainder of the season.

I see. So the Bills did the opposite. That's why I was confused.

Oh well, I understand why they did. It's a specialty position. Ask Cleveland.

I see. So the Bills did the opposite. That's why I was confused.

Oh well, I understand why they did. It's a specialty position. Ask Cleveland.

They had no choice. Hopkins getting injured right before the opener screwed them. Had it happened after game 1, it wouldn't have been a big deal. Hopefully they only signed him to the vet minimum.

Then again, they're way under the cap. On second thought, it doesn't matter, other than it wastes a roster spot.

They had no choice. Hopkins getting injured right before the opener screwed them. Had it happened after game 1, it wouldn't have been a big deal. Hopefully they only signed him to the vet minimum.

Then again, they're way under the cap. On second thought, it doesn't matter, other than it wastes a roster spot.

OPM, Doc.