(Update) Jim Leonard back in Buffalo

RayFinkle

And if the Skins have to rely on Hall or Fletcher, they're no better off than if the Bills have to rely on their backups. What's your point here?

Well my point kinda' runs along the lines of those two would be cap casualties here but they are STARTING for the defending NFC East champions so relying on them instead of some cheaper junk pays dividends.

I know you aren't the most informed football mind here, but if you don't know anything about the rest of the league then don't embarrass yourself. Stay on the porch.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, last season Wilson had a bad year. Pretty much everyone on the team had a bad year with the exception of Byrd, and with Mario, Kyle, Gilmore having stretches of good play. Two years ago, Wilson was very, very good until he got hurt, and far better than Leonhard ever played in his life. Wilson is a significantly better player at this point in his career, if only evidenced by the last couple contracts each of the players has received.

I agree Wilson had a great year two years ago. He clearlly hit a wall last year and in my opinion, is done. Arguing which player between Leonard and Wilson is more done, is kind of pointless. I think this is a good depth, short term solution, and Leonard will add Some energy if not great talent. As for Wilson, glad he is gone.

For some reason, this offseason the Bills jettisoned quality backups and replaced them with lesser ones.

Wilson for Leonard. T. Jacskon for Kolb (for Tuel). Reinhart for Legursky. There are probably others...

It's just an odd, odd franchise. Thank god we finally got a QB or it would be utterly hopeless to watch them.

Could not agree more

Lets get rid of Barnett, Wilson, Reinhart and TJax and replace them with....................??????

It's not like we had young guys on the roster making splash plays and needing more snaps

We just jettisoned them for money and continue to roll out a short handed squad every year

Could not agree more

Lets get rid of Barnett, Wilson, Reinhart and TJax and replace them with....................??????

It's not like we had young guys on the roster making splash plays and needing more snaps

We just jettisoned them for money and continue to roll out a short handed squad every year

I know that the typical eball, PTR, Ramius response I'm gonna get: "LOL you botard, you're pissed because they cut Chad Reinhart, talk about negativity, why don't you just go root for another team." Again, as I said, we drafted a franchise QB, finally. That alone makes the team worth watching and gives me reason for optimism. They also added talent at WR and it looks like we may finally have a middle linebacker (although I'd like to see him fight through a block). But otherwise, it's one step forward, two steps sideways. This organization just refuses to pay for veteran depth. It's been that way since the 1960s. My theory, as I've said many times without traction, is that veteran depth doesn't sell tickets in July and August. It wins you games in November and December, but by that time most of the year's revenues have already been pocketed...

Anyhow I'm fine with the Leonard signing.

For some reason, this offseason the Bills jettisoned quality backups and replaced them with lesser ones.

Wilson for Leonard. T. Jacskon for Kolb (for Tuel). Reinhart for Legursky. There are probably others...

It's just an odd, odd franchise. Thank god we finally got a QB or it would be utterly hopeless to watch them.

Wilson and Leonhard are backups and there is little difference between the two. TJax has more experience than Tuel, but there's a reason he's considered a journeyman, and if the Hawks have to rely on him for any extended period, it won't be good for them. As for Rinehart, he followed D'Alessandris and was given a 1-year $1.75M deal, but more importantly a chance to play in SD and start. Whether he'd have won the starting LG job and been an improvement (not over Legursky but) Brown remains to be seen, but I don't fault him for pulling up stakes and going to SD.

Well my point kinda' runs along the lines of those two would be cap casualties here but they are STARTING for the defending NFC East champions so relying on them instead of some cheaper junk pays dividends.

I know you aren't the most informed football mind here, but if you don't know anything about the rest of the league then don't embarrass yourself. Stay on the porch.

LOL! My bad. I don't watch the Skins as fervently as you apparently do. But you're right, they're both starters. That's even worse than what I thought! So your contention is that sticking with a declining Hall and a 38 year old LB is good practice? LOL! I think I hear your mommy calling.

Could not agree more

Barnett? Seriously?

Wow, 8 pages for JL?

How many "pages" worth of your nonsensical posts comparing Dick Jauron to Bill Belichick did you subject us to during that 4 year debacle?

The Baghdad Bob of TBD now wants to police discussions about depth players. :lol:

Thanks for posting.

How many "pages" worth of your nonsensical posts comparing Dick Jauron to Bill Belichick did you subject us to during that 4 year debacle?

The Baghdad Bob of TBD now wants to police discussions about depth players. :lol:

Thanks for posting.

Haha. The biggest dick on the board with his almighty opinion. Your act is tiring. But keep thinking you're important.

LOL! My bad. I don't watch the Skins as fervently as you apparently do. But you're right, they're both starters.

So you thought former Buffalo Bill London Fletcher was a reserve? Thanks in advance for all of your future uninformed opinions. :lol:

Haha. The biggest dick on the board with his almighty opinion. Your act is tiring. But keep thinking you're important.

I'm sorry, I really shouldn't keep busting your balls about your Jauron-love but it is easily the funniest and longest running bad take in the history of TBD.

Everyone has bad takes and bad moments. You just went pitbull on the Jauron takes for 3 full years. Your degree of wrong has never been and will likely never be surpassed. So never feel like you aren't important here. You are #1 in my book. :lol:

So you thought former Buffalo Bill London Fletcher was a reserve? Thanks in advance for all of your future uninformed opinions. :lol:

At his age, after undergoing elbow and ankle surgery, and with Shanahan saying in March that he might be leaning towards retirement? Yes. Because that's where he and Hall should be at their stages of their careers. Your idiotic non-point about how great it was that the Skins kept them because they have no one better only says that...they have no one better. They could have signed a good CB in FA, but didn't and instead re-signed Hall to a 1-year deal (uninformed opinions? LOL!).

Edited by Doc

At his age, after undergoing elbow and ankle surgery, and with Shanahan saying in March that he might be leaning towards retirement? Yes. Because that's where he and Hall should be at their stages of their careers. Your idiotic non-point about how great it was that the Skins kept them because they have no one better only says that...they have no one better. They could have signed a good CB in FA, but didn't and instead re-signed Hall to a 1-year deal.

And that was AFTER Hall garnered NO INTEREST FROM ANYONE. Hall is a liability on that defense.

GO BILLS!!!

And that was AFTER Hall garnered NO INTEREST FROM ANYONE. Hall is a liability on that defense.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes but it's BADOLBEELZ's (the all-caps name says it all) "informed opinion" that the Skins "kept him" and thus it was a great move. LOL!

Yeesh, lotta hate on here. I can't say that the signing lights the world on fire for me, but if it means that Aaron Wilson (who looks at home at SS) can take a quick spell back at CB, I'm for it. He should go back the moment Gilmore is healthy, but considering the condition of our secondary, I don't think we're in the position to be picky.

Yes but it's BADOLBEELZ's (the all-caps name says it all) "informed opinion" that the Skins "kept him" and thus it was a great move. LOL!

I'm well acquainted with that "informed opinion" and his particular style of snark. He tends to analyze in a vacuum.

GO BILLS!!!