Patriots Claim former Bills LB Chris White

26CornerBlitz

I highly suspect that when sitting in the schedule design meetings that the bills just get slid into holes in more prominent schedules simply because we aren't a reliable TV draw. I doubt that schedule makers are actively making ours harder as much as simply not caring much about it

I would agree with this more then I would agree that it is done against us. However, isn't that itself against us? That teams are not scheduled fairly? I once made an NFL schedule, all the teams, it was hard. I made every team have at least one night game, too. No back to back west-coast trips, either. It was hard but not impossible. I was like 22.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you give any reason the nfl would want to do this?

To give the pats a double bye week?

Or is it more in the out to get us category?

agreed. if the pats were really interested in gaining an advantage in gaming the schedule, there are about 20 other teams they would prefer to face coming off a bye week than the one team they have owned during the last 20 years. having two weeks to prepare for the ravens, steelers, broncos or whatever flavor of the season would be more beneficial than having two weeks to game plan for DJ or the chan.

Edited by Enemarty

agreed. if the pats were really interested in gaining an advantage in gaming the schedule, there are about 20 other teams they would prefer to face coming off a bye week than the one team they have owned during the last 20 years. having two weeks to prepare for the ravens, steelers, broncos or whatever flavor of the season would be more beneficial than having two weeks to game plan for DJ or the chan.

Yet it keeps happening against the Bills. Can you name any other team that has played even more than 2 times against the same team coming off a bye in a 10 year span, much less 5?

Yet it keeps happening against the Bills. Can you name any other team that has played even more than 2 times against the same team coming off a bye in a 10 year span, much less 5?

If the Bills were good or simply respectable and were losing this one game consistently, I think you could look at it as more of an issue. They've also seemed to start and finish the season against the Pats more frequently, which is a weird scheduling quirk too.

If the Bills were good or simply respectable and were losing this one game consistently, I think you could look at it as more of an issue. They've also seemed to start and finish the season against the Pats more frequently, which is a weird scheduling quirk too.

I agree with you that the Pats don't need the extra time (although several games have been close losses), but yet it still happens more than by pure chance or a "scheduling quirk."

Yes it does and it's damn frustrating. However, I can't agree that it is some secret plan of NE. As No Saint suggests, it's far more likely that the NFL schedule geeks find it convenient to drop us into that slot and it's also more likely that they are thick enough not to realize they keep doing it every year, than it would be to think NE is devious enough to arrange to play us after every bye, and stupid enough to do it so often that it's such an obvious outlier that questions would be raised.

Yes it does and it's damn frustrating. However, I can't agree that it is some secret plan of NE. As No Saint suggests, it's far more likely that the NFL schedule geeks find it convenient to drop us into that slot and it's also more likely that they are thick enough not to realize they keep doing it every year, than it would be to think NE is devious enough to arrange to play us after every bye, and stupid enough to do it so often that it's such an obvious outlier that questions would be raised.

I don't know whose secret plan it is. I can't believe the NFL would do it on their own and the Bills certainly wouldn't ask for it, so it must come from the Patriots. One time is expected. Twice is possibly chance. Three times or more is a trend.

I don't know whose secret plan it is. I can't believe the NFL would do it on their own and the Bills certainly wouldn't ask for it, so it must come from the Patriots. One time is expected. Twice is possibly chance. Three times or more is a trend.

The League could put an end to this happy horseshit by mandating that every team in a Division gets the same bye-week. Then Division's teams would play each other (on a rotating basis year-after year) on the week following their bye-week. For example, AFCE teams all have a bye on Week 9. Week 10 JESTS play Pats* and Miami plays Bills. Following year - the games would be Pats* play Miami, JESTS play Bills, and so forth and so on.

It ain't brain science in spite of what the NFL Schedulers want you to believe when they're on the NFL Network flap-jawing about the impossible task they had to perform. :thumbdown:

Edited by Nanker

If the Pats have been so successful signing other team's scraps to learn opponents playbooks.. The Bills should sign TIM TEBOW!!!!

Counter this move by signing Tebow...LMAO

I know you guys are kidding but miraculously the following fact (below) never came up in the most recent "sign Tebow" thread.

Besides the media circus which accompanies him and the fact of his inaccurate throwing, the biggest reason Tebow has been deemed useless by NFL teams is because he is dyslexic.

You can't be an NFL quarterback if you can't fully comprehend the playbook.

For the same reason, it would likely be useless to use Tebow to gain any insight into the New England playbook.

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=tebow+dyslexic&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

As for White, he's an excellent special teamer, especially in kick coverage.

He was also considered a "coach on the field" and the Bills scouts raved about his ability to immediately diagnose plays in the media play following the draft.

He actually fits the profile of a Belichick player. Not sure if this means he'll stick around for very long in New England but he might.

I am pretty sure the Pats* had cuts as well, and the Bills have all the ability in the world to sign one of them.

Lets not forget White has been gone for two weeks, not two days like most final cuts.

he could be pissed for being traded/cut from us?

hahahah

Edited by Jerry Christ

typical. what else should we expect? that's how it goes when you get a guy who has no problems cheating..

I agree this seems like something Belechick would do. Pick up a player from his week one opponent to learn their scheme without having to rely on preseason film.

But has he done this often before? I remember Fast Freddy Smith he also claimed off waivers when we played them week one. Are there other examples of this that anyone can name?

If I'm the Pats and I can make the schedule how I want, why would I waste my bye week on the Bills? I'd rather use it on a team that would be harder to beat like the Broncos.

If I'm the Pats and I can make the schedule how I want, why would I waste my bye week on the Bills? I'd rather use it on a team that would be harder to beat like the Broncos.

As I said above, you would think. Yet it's happened numerous times (at least 5) the past decade to the Bills and that's not coincidence.