with the 3 open spots who are picking up

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

snapback.pngCodeMonkey, on 31 August 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

The Bills need a QB and God loves Tebow ;)

But he hates the Bills. Signing Tebow can't happen because it will cause a cosmic paradox.

Now that there is some funny shiznit UDFA!

I can see us picking up a CB for sure, plus possibly a LB and a QB to get the roster to 53. But that may not be the end of it. There are better TEs out there than what we have now and RB J. Dwyer is a big RB that the Bills may find too hard to resist. OT J'Marcus Webb, who has started 44 games for the Bears ha to be considered over Welch.

I can see us picking up a CB for sure, plus possibly a LB and a QB to get the roster to 53. But that may not be the end of it. There are better TEs out there than what we have now and RB J. Dwyer is a big RB that the Bills may find too hard to resist. OT J'Marcus Webb, who has started 44 games for the Bears ha to be considered over Welch.

I've always thought we could do better than Choice as a 3rd string running back. Dwyer or one or two others would be an upgrade over Choice. IIRC, Choice was originially brought in because he played for Chan at Georgia Tech.

I've always thought we could do better than Choice as a 3rd string running back. Dwyer or one or two others would be an upgrade over Choice. IIRC, Choice was originially brought in because he played for Chan at Georgia Tech.

Choice was a Chan favorite. He was mediocre at best in 2011. Choice was rather good last year though. I doubt there are many #3 backs better than him all around. A lot of guys have more potential as him. But as far as actual play, right now, carrying, receiving, blocking and ST, not to mention being a very good locker room guy, it's hard to find a lot of better guys. Players like Sprouls could be considered a #3 and he would be a lot better. But there aren't many. He averaged 4.1 yards a carry and is 4.3 for his career. That is very decent.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Choice was a Chan favorite. He was mediocre at best in 2011. Choice was rather good last year though. I doubt there are many #3 backs better than him all around. A lot of guys have more potential as him. But as far as actual play, right now, carrying, receiving, blocking and ST, not to mention being a very good locker room guy, it's hard to find a lot of better guys. Players like Sprouls could be considered a #3 and he would be a lot better. But there aren't many. He averaged 4.1 yards a carry and is 4.3 for his career. That is very decent.

RB is the least of the Bills problems. Besides, they can always draft one in the 1st round next year. :D

Suprised to see Thad Lewis cut.

Practice squad, perhaps.

we are screwed. Does the coaching even know we are supposed to have 53 not 50 ?

I think highly of this coaching staff so far but this is weird. better have some secret handshakes going down because as i said in the opening....

Only 50 worth paying, I guess.

I doubt we will find any waiver pick-ups that would help immediately, particularly since they would need time to learn the scheme and playbook to be effective (assuming they are good enough to contribute).

Kind of shocking to me to go into the season with this group of CBs. With Gilmore out, could be the worst group I have ever seen on an NFL team. I hope Byrd is back for game one, because the safeties have not looked good either.

Duke Richardson is terrible, worse than the Ko Simpson debacle of a few years ago. Can't believe he made the team....I watched him in detail on Thursday night (was there) and he can't cover, hit, or even find the field......

The obvious reason why we kept only two QBs is EJ is okay and will start Week 1 (despite the press smokescreen) with Tuel as his backup.

The Bills certainly need another corner, but good cornerbacks and few and far between. Another inside linebacker would make sense - those guys are always needed for special teams. As for the third player???

The obvious reason why we kept only two QBs is EJ is okay and will start Week 1 (despite the press smokescreen) with Tuel as his backup.

The Bills certainly need another corner, but good cornerbacks and few and far between. Another inside linebacker would make sense - those guys are always needed for special teams. As for the third player???

Legurysky replacement

I can see us finding a swing tackle or a guard who could step outside in a pinch. As far as corners go i just dont feel good about anything i see including who we already have. Dumping Butler confounds my simple mind.

Some one said that Bills feel good with Manuel and Tuel for now.

as far as O line and CBs... can we have a do over?

oh i read up on Webbwho is the worst swing tackle in football. Sounds like a good fit :sick:

Be thankful they didn't cut down to 45. They probably could have.

45? No. 47, probably.

It's possible that three players currently on the active roster will be cut and replaced with waiver claims or released players; we have the cap space and need for quality backups.

We will certainly sign a CB (maybe two) and versatile offensive lineman (maybe two)

We will also sign a linebacker, and possibly replace Dowtin or Westerman with someone's expensive veteran backup.

Edited by ny33