So Byrd is hurt too

Jdragon2

Sounds good in theory, but there's a problem: the Bills DID offer Jairus Byrd a long term contract. Even with his foot ailment. Byrd's camp balked, wanted to be the highest paid. If anything, Eugene Parker betrayed Byrd, not the Bills. Top 5 money was on the table, but Parker declined; told his client to hold out for more, when in reality, this was never an option.

I feel Byrd will eventually sign a contract equal to what the Bills were offering, or if he's still chasing "highest paid safety in the NFL," he'll sign another one year deal elsewhere and try to prove himself all over again. Whichever way you slice it, Byrd's camp lost. He should fire Eugene Parker and thank the Bills for offering top 5 money for a player with a recurring, overuse injury.

THIS.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll be back if we start off 3-1 though...!!!!

This is a power play, pure and simple- call it what it is. No extra effort to get out there and play, but here's the thing- Bills fans would have understood if he had taken care of himself last year and rested, but now it looks petty.

We should just let him fully heal and trade him. I know it is rewarding his behavior, but if he's leaving we need to move on and maintain the positive motivation and chemistry vital to win.

I can see why Byrd is so bitter...he could have chosen to rest last year to prevent worsening of the condition but chose to play, whether for money because he was a good soldier, etc and wanted to be rewarded and the Bills basically told him "We appreciate that but we want to see how this plays out first".

I don't see how there is any repairing this relationship right now. Both sides feel they are right and both sides have valid points

So is it possible the Bills FO might actually be smarter than some TBD posters?

PTR

It's not US they need to be smarter than, it's the other 31 NFL teams -- right now, that does not look like the case -- past 13 years is evidence of that ! --- let's hope Whaley / Marrone / Hackett and Pettine are the right mix -- otherwise, we'll be hitting the reset button again in 2016

It's not US they need to be smarter than, it's the other 31 NFL teams -- right now, that does not look like the case -- past 13 years is evidence of that ! --- let's hope Whaley / Marrone / Hackett and Pettine are the right mix -- otherwise, we'll be hitting the reset button again in 2016

Just pointing out the Bills FO makes some correct calls, not that anyone cares.

PTR

so we are atleast past the "hes faking it" story line that the board created last week?

Yeah they'll have to be. I never sided with the "faking it" theorist but I did think it was plausible with the limited information. But I think they were on the scent of something being up with that injury. I just don't think this news makes them any more off than the opposite theory which was mostly that he has a real injury that is excruciatingly painful most likely from just working overly hard to get ready for the season.

Yeah they'll have to be. I never sided with the "faking it" theorist but I did think it was plausible with the limited information. But I think they were on the scent of something being up with that injury. I just don't think this news makes them any more off than the opposite theory which was mostly that he has a real injury that is excruciatingly painful most likely from just working overly hard to get ready for the season.

"Working overly hard" ??? Byrd has had his feet up for 7 months. How many days has he been on the field with the Bills this pre season. 3 or 4 days? This boy needs to change his attitude (and his agent) quickly. All the nonsense about Parker being an honest and fair agent, when the fact of the matter is that he trying to sell the Bills damaged goods at sky high prices.

"Working overly hard" ??? Byrd has had his feet up for 7 months. How many days has he been on the field with the Bills this pre season. 3 or 4 days? This boy needs to change his attitude (and his agent) quickly. All the nonsense about Parker being an honest and fair agent, when the fact of the matter is that he trying to sell the Bills damaged goods at sky high prices.

I'm not sure how your comments relate to anything in my post???

I can see why Byrd is so bitter...he could have chosen to rest last year to prevent worsening of the condition but chose to play, whether for money because he was a good soldier, etc and wanted to be rewarded and the Bills basically told him "We appreciate that but we want to see how this plays out first".

I don't see how there is any repairing this relationship right now. Both sides feel they are right and both sides have valid points

LAst year, if in your words, chose to rest instead of play, how does he justify big $$$ this year then?

In what alternative universe does this make sense? He was injured. He knew it. His agent knew it. The Bills knew it.

Yet, The Bills DID offer him a multi year contract at TOP FIVE money. Parker spit it out and told the team to shove it.

And Byrd's "bitter". Tough ****. Parker told him to hold out because they were going for nothing less than TOP DOLLAR.

The longer Parker is Byrd's agent the more stupid I'm convinced he is.

In what alternative universe does this make sense? He was injured. He knew it. His agent knew it. The Bills knew it.

Yet, The Bills DID offer him a multi year contract at TOP FIVE money. Parker spit it out and told the team to shove it.

And Byrd's "bitter". Tough ****. Parker told him to hold out because they were going for nothing less than TOP DOLLAR.

The longer Parker is Byrd's agent the more stupid I'm convinced he is.

yet parker often still wins multimillion dollar negotiations while we are debating on message boards. the fact that none of us had any idea about the injury last year only further highlights how little we really know about whats happening behind the scenes.

yet parker often still wins multimillion dollar negotiations while we are debating on message boards. the fact that none of us had any idea about the injury last year only further highlights how little we really know about whats happening behind the scenes.

Should that say Parker often wins multimillion dollar contracts for his clients that are fit enough to step on the field and play football at an elite level.

I'm with Nanker on this.

Should that say Parker often wins multimillion dollar contracts for his clients that are fit enough to step on the field and play football at an elite level.

I'm with Nanker on this.

byrd had the condition last year and certainly had some great games on an awful defense

I don't know if all cases are the same but my wife had surgery for this a few years ago. The surgery didn't remove all of her pain but a large majority of it. She was back to work in 6 weeks, but is in no way an athlete.

I do not think it is a guaranteed surgery but also assume the Bills have better doctors.