Who do you want to see returning punts?

YoloinOhio

With McKelvin our #1 CB (it is sinking in now), I am thinking that it is not a good idea to put him back there on punt returns especially since he tends to get injured... a lot. We saw Woods do pretty well in the PS but that makes me nervous as well, really want him in there as the #2 WR as I think he is going to be a stud and great help with the rookie QBs. Is there any reason we wouldn't use Goodwin on punts and kicks?

McKelvin is the best in the league at this skill. I hate using him like that, but breaking one is always big. Actually, the coaches and McKelvin need to decide together what to do. I think we see him some, but not all the time. Share the duty. Likely see him late in close games (if there are any)

In a perfect world, McKelvin would be my choice and we wouldn't need him to play CB because he is terrible there. But since this is so far from a perfect world, at least at One BIlls Drive, I would say have Goodwin return both Kickoffs and punts if they aren't going to use him much as a receiver. It appears that Graham and Woods will be on the field most of the time with Stevie "stone hands" Johnson.

In a perfect world, McKelvin would be my choice and we wouldn't need him to play CB because he is terrible there. But since this is so far from a perfect world, at least at One BIlls Drive, I would say have Goodwin return both Kickoffs and punts if they aren't going to use him much as a receiver. It appears that Graham and Woods will be on the field most of the time with Stevie "stone hands" Johnson.

I haven't been impressed so far with Goodwin's WR skills, although I know they say he looked great in camp. I would rather see him back there than Woods or McKelvin, even if he is a good PR. We need him more at CB than PR plus he has fumble-itis.

I haven't been impressed so far with Goodwin's WR skills, although I know they say he looked great in camp. I would rather see him back there than Woods or McKelvin, even if he is a good PR. We need him more at CB than PR plus he has fumble-itis.

Coincidentally, he also has 'puntreturnfortouchdownitis', which could prove to actually be a deciding factor in a game...

Coincidentally, he also has 'puntreturnfortouchdownitis', which could prove to actually be a deciding factor in a game...

Agreed. The dropoff from McKelvin to whatever chump we roll out there if he gets hurt is, in my opinion, much smaller than the dropoff from McKelvin to Woods or Nickell Robey. To my knowledge, Goodwin hasn't been used as a PR at all in preseason or even in practice, so I don't think he's a realistic option.

Agreed. The dropoff from McKelvin to whatever chump we roll out there if he gets hurt is, in my opinion, much smaller than the dropoff from McKelvin to Woods or Nickell Robey. To my knowledge, Goodwin hasn't been used as a PR at all in preseason or even in practice, so I don't think he's a realistic option.

I would still put McKelvin back there after Gilmore comes back which we anticipate will be the majority of the season. Just worried about the injury risk while he is #1.

I'd go with McKelvin; he's very, very good back there.

Just giving a nod to the blatant attempt to stir up an argument with that ridiculousness...nice work.

Edited by thebandit27

Why would the Bills not use McKelvin to return punts?! He's the best in the league, for crying out loud!! Is it because we don't want to run the risk of him getting hurt, and thus not having McKelvin available to play corner? Seriously?!! He sucks as a corner- always has! Frankly, I'd rather see the Bills starting 2 street free agents at cb as opposed to McKelvin. Let him return punts; and keep him the hell out of our secondary!

Why would the Bills not use McKelvin to return punts?! He's the best in the league, for crying out loud!! Is it because we don't want to run the risk of him getting hurt, and thus not having McKelvin available to play corner? Seriously?!! He sucks as a corner- always has! Frankly, I'd rather see the Bills starting 2 street free agents at cb as opposed to McKelvin. Let him return punts; and keep him the hell out of our secondary!

But how do you really feel about McKelvin? :lol: