Everyone needs to relax. Seriously. Read why

I think EJ has a chance to play. Well see how things shake out; they are going to want to have EJ practicing at 100% for at least the week prior I'd imagine. If he can do that I'd be surprised if he doesn't get the start.

My OP was a bit convoluted so let me try to summarize my thoughts briefly.

Patience will be needed this season by the bucket full. I know it's hard to be patient after the past 15 years but y'all are going to have to try. We want to see this team improve as the season goes on. We want to see EJ show that he at least has the potential to be a top flight QB. We want to see good things from the young WRs, LBs, OL, an DBs.

Who knows, things could click fast and the bills could make the playoffs this season. But if they don't, that does not mean that EJ sucks, or that the new coaching staff can't cut it in the NFL, or any number of other things. This is a process.

Now carry on with the doom and gloom.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't you read the season previews that every sports publication has been putting out this past week.

They all have a common message: "rebuilding year" "don't judge ths team by their 2013 record" "Marrone tasked with rebuilding a young team with future potential" and so on.

If you really think that this rebuild is going to take one draft and one offseason you are delusional.

Russ Brandon in January on Buddy NIx: "When you look at where we are today compared to where we were three years ago, it is unquestioned that our personnel and our roster is in a much better position than it was three years ago"

So why should it take more than a year after the team president himself assured us the team is much better?

This board has gone from unrealistically obtimistic to ridiculously pessimistic because of three main things:

1. EJ Manuel is hurt and will miss the first game against the Patriots. starting in his stead will be Tuel

2. Gilmore will miss 6-8 weeks.

3. The Bills were blown out in a preseason game.

The board has gone ridiculously pessimistic because of one thing: 13 years of sucking.

If the Bills were coming off a few playoff appearances and the above happened there would be concern but not at the level it's at now. That type of hysteria is saved for the fans of organizations that continuously miss the playoffs.

Get your Clowney jerseys!

Fair point. It looks like tanking this season will be a lot better than having tanked last season draft-wise. Of course this time last year I'd have said that draft was going to be a lot better at the top than it turned out to be.

1. The Bills aren't winning this game with or without Manuel. There is nothing to indicate that he'll miss anymore time either.

You don't know that!!! The Patriots aren't the 16-0 team from a few years back. They are on the decline, and having Manuel in there could turn the tide. I'm not buying this at all.

E.J. will start Week One, and Belichick will have little of a game plan to rest on because, as he admitted, there is little film to study.

This board has gone from unrealistically obtimistic to ridiculously pessimistic because of three main things:

LMAO

So soon, usually that doesn't happen until Thanksgiving or so.

Have they begun calling for FO personnel and coaching staff to be violently run out of NYS yet?

The bills aren't going to do much this season. If they get very lucky, they could contend late into the season, but that would be a surprise. If you allowed yourself to think otherwise because of 2 preseason games, I don't know what to tell you. This season is about EJ developing towards his ceiling (which he will have plenty of games to do). It is about the coaching staff getting their feet wet and seeing what works and what doesn't. It is about the other rookies and young players stepping up and succeeding or falling back and ultimately being replaced. This season is about 2014, 2015, and beyond. But say if they do surprise this year and play well in September, Gilmore will be back in OCTOBER. Even if the bills were supposed to be contenders this year, his loss for 4-6 weeks would not kill the season. Step back from the ledge, please, because this board has become unreadable over the past few days.

VIOLATION! VIOLATION! VIOLATION! in sektor 4!!! All security personnel respond to an infusion of logic! RESPOND RESPOND RESPOND!!!

Get your Clowney jerseys!

Not possible. The New York Jets are now on the clock. (this is why Idzik wants to start Geno. Not that its even necessary. "Clown for Clowney" is in full effect)

Followed by the Jaguars. Then the Raiders. This race could go down to the last week, and tiebreakers.

Edited by maddenboy