Your pet dog and a stranger are drowning.....

OnTheRocks

Which would you save first?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you save first?

• Your pet dog
    • The stranger

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FAT stranger, don't forget.  Not that her being fat matters...but it does...  :lol:

205651[/snapback]

!@#$ a, it matters. You know how heavy she would be soaking wet? I don't think I'd be able to save her FAT ASS if i tried... plus, she might be in a swim suit, and who wants to see THAT?

Ok, my minds made up... I would save Sadie...

The dog.  People should be able to take care of themselves.  Dogs...well, they need more help sometimes. 

Plus, the odds are the person's a total lame-brain who would have irritated the sh-- out of me, anyway...

205647[/snapback]

I wonder why Steve (sh*t) was with your dog though.

Bet you he could if he had six million dollars.  Because then he'd be powerful...

Hey, Steve...tell me to take my meds again so we can get this thread nuked too.  :lol:

205658[/snapback]

Funny part is, if that's why it got axed, that's !@#$ed up... believe me, I wasn't making fun...

hell, for the rest of my life, I can't eat a grapefruit!

!@#$ a, it matters. You know how heavy she would be soaking wet? I don't think I'd be able to save her FAT ASS if i tried... plus, she might be in a swim suit, and who wants to see THAT?

Ok, my minds made up... I would save Sadie...

205655[/snapback]

What if the dog were fat, too?

Fat is less dense that water...truth is, an overweight person would float better than a skinny one, and hence be easier to save. I'd still save the dog, though...dog might bite you afterwards, but he won't sue...

Well, 1st of all the question is pretty moot 'cuz w/ my swimming ability, I lack the ability to save either normal sized person or my Great Dane.

That said, continuing w/ the exercise & we'll assume that each potential victim has the same ease and probability of rescue, I think my answer is I don't know. Considering that your decision and actions would need to be determined in a matter of seconds, I don't know how I would react.

However, sitting here at my computer pondering the situation, I can imagine that letting my dog drown would cause more future negative emotional repercussions than letting a stranger drown. I realize that overall animals (even really cute ones) are less valuable than people (even fat obnoxiously friendly ones), but in my own little world the loss of my pet would be greater.

Funny part is, if that's why it got axed, that's !@#$ed up... believe me, I wasn't making fun...

hell, for the rest of my life, I can't eat a grapefruit!

205662[/snapback]

Believe me, if that's why it got nuked, I'll be seriously pissed about it.

Well, 1st of all the question is pretty moot 'cuz w/ my swimming ability, I lack the ability to save either normal sized person or my Great Dane.

That said, continuing w/ the exercise & we'll assume that each potential victim has the same ease and probability of rescue, I think my answer is I don't know.  Considering that your decision and actions would need to be determined in a matter of seconds, I don't know how I would react.

However, sitting here at my computer pondering the situation, I can imagine that letting my dog drown would cause more future negative emotional repercussions than letting a stranger drown.  I realize that overall animals (even really cute ones) are less valuable than people (even fat obnoxiously friendly ones), but in my own little world the loss of my pet would be greater.

205667[/snapback]

Yeah, but your dog looks really cool so that's probably the right answer. :lol:

I have to say my vote for the stranger is scewed. I hate dogs, so I'd never own one, and if I did own one I'd often think of ways to kill it. So I doubt my vote is helping your poll be scientifically accurate.

205632[/snapback]

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

my vote went to pet dog, but after reading your post if i saw you and richard gere's pet gerbil drowning, i'd have to rescue the gerbil

Well, I first need to know if this scenario is a present day scenario, or a scenario from, say, the 1800s. There were a lot of drownings back then because people...especially women...wore many layers of clothing, and the soaked clothes would drag them, and anyone who tried to save them, to the bottom of the water.

Otherwise, is there a reason I can't save the person, and then go save the dog, who is probably paddling like a madman anyway?

And are they drowning in a pool, river, lake, ocean?

And can a dog really paddle like a madman?