Your pet dog and a stranger are drowning.....

OnTheRocks

Which would you save first?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you save first?

• Your pet dog
    • The stranger

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this was posted on another site i check in on periodically....so i thought I would throw it out on the Wall for some Friday afternoon conversation and see what kind of replies it gets.  i was shocked at some of the replies i saw on the other site.

For me....as much as i love my pet dog of 12 years....i would go with the stranger.

205624[/snapback]

This is one of the most insipid questions ever, as I've never seen a dog that can't swim instinctively, and I've never heard of a dog drowning. :lol:

Having said that, I still go with the dog. Hey, maybe it needs some extra flotation. :lol:

This is one of the most insipid questions ever, as I've never seen a dog that can't swim instinctively, and I've never heard of a dog drowning.  :lol:

205776[/snapback]

Just as a point of information...I took that into consideration in my answer...

Just as a point of information...I took that into consideration in my answer...

205780[/snapback]

Oh, I don't know about that... Many dogs are terrible swimmers or hate the water.

If you check, some dogs have a modified "webbing" in between their toes (mine does). She looooves to swim. My friends dog has no visible "webbing" and panics in the H2O

Oh, I don't know about that... Many dogs are terrible swimmers or hate the water.

If you check, some dogs have a modified "webbing" in between their toes (mine does). She looooves to swim. My friends dog has no visible "webbing" and panics in the H2O

205789[/snapback]

"Swimming" is generally instinctive in most breeds (every one I've seen), webbed feet or not. Actually liking it is behavorial on a per-dog basis. My brother has a black lab, indisputably one of the best swimming breeds...she hates the water. Swims like a fish, but absolutely loathes doing it.

This is one of those PETA moral problems...the idea being that will all life being equal you cannot truly pick between the stranger and your dog.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: That...I pick the human every time :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: the Dog and PETA too.

Besides I am a cat person, but I will still pick a cat over a human

"Swimming" is generally instinctive in most breeds (every one I've seen), webbed feet or not.  Actually liking it is behavorial on a per-dog basis.  My brother has a black lab, indisputably one of the best swimming breeds...she hates the water.  Swims like a fish, but absolutely loathes doing it.

205796[/snapback]

Not meant to be an all-inclusive list, but most dogs bred for water (most sporting group breeds, and many working group breeds) have webbed toes. This includes:

Akita

Brussels Griffon

Chesapeake Bay Retriever

Chinook

Field Spaniel

German Shorthaired Pointer

German Wirehaired Pointer

Irish Water Spaniel

Labrador Retriever

Leonberger

Mi-Ki

Miniature Poodle

Native American Indian Dog

Newfoundland

Norwegian Buhund

Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever

Otterhound

Plott Hound

Portuguese Water Dog

Redbone Coonhound

Ringtail Sing-a-Ling

Spanish Water Dog

Toy Poodle

Weimaraner

Wirehaired Pointing Griffon

Also, my Dalmatians had webbed paws.......

absolutly one thing i will NEVER skimp on... vodka..

either Grey Goose or Iceberg..

even Absolut is terrible.

205830[/snapback]

I always liked Finlandia myself. Not the best, I know...but I gotta be me. And it sure as hell beats Popov by the gallon mixed with lemonade power like we did in college.

By the way...you're an idiot. Just because people must be getting weirded out at our getting along...

The stranger...because, if the roles were reversed...

205634[/snapback]

if the roles were reversed, i would probubly be the dumb ass who tried to save the dog, and ended up drowning.

but to answer he original question...

i care more about my dog than some guy ive never met... now a hot girl on the other hand... :huh:

Remove Iceberg and insert Kettle 1.  Yummy.

205844[/snapback]

seriously, have you ever had IceBerg?

And i dont ask that in a snobby way, because it is FAR less expensive than grey goose, and I actually like it better...

I mean, when it comes to beer, I like Miller Light.

Wine? The cheap stuff.

But Vodka, I need the good stuff...

Please, if you've never tried it, buy a small bottle of Iceberg next time (you'll go back and buy a big bottle the next time, i swear).