The Ralph will be empty for FIVE straight weeks in Nov/Dec

Because we always look for things to cry about. Seriously, I remember people saying we got hosed last season having 3 December games at home. So which is it?

PTR

I think it's don't let 5 weeks go by without an actual home game. I don't need 3 dec games and i dont need 5 straight "away" games. Just a balance.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just taking a closer look at the schedule and realized that with a late bye week, a game in Toronto and a road trip, we wont be in front of our home crowd for five weeks. Why does it always feel like we get the short of the scheduling stick.

at least you won't freeze your azz off as much!!!!

and with luck a christmas present by defeating the Miami Dolphins

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I think it's don't let 5 weeks go by without an actual home game. I don't need 3 dec games and i dont need 5 straight "away" games. Just a balance.

The thing is, you can't control the weather so the NFL is probably trying to do its best to not get guys hurt or have 6-3 games (remember the game Bflo played in Cleveland circa 2007 that was an absolute blizzard.. couldn't see anything or do anything). But remember, we don't want to play in a snowstorm anymore than our opponent does.. although I do think we are built to do so with CJ/Freddy and EJ at QB (one of the reasons they drafted him so high was his abaility to show that he could throw downfield in a driving rainstorm).

Because we always look for things to cry about. Seriously, I remember people saying we got hosed last season having 3 December games at home. So which is it?

PTR

Imagine that, different people have different opinions.

The thing is, you can't control the weather so the NFL is probably trying to do its best to not get guys hurt or have 6-3 games (remember the game Bflo played in Cleveland circa 2007 that was an absolute blizzard.. couldn't see anything or do anything). But remember, we don't want to play in a snowstorm anymore than our opponent does.. although I do think we are built to do so with CJ/Freddy and EJ at QB (one of the reasons they drafted him so high was his abaility to show that he could throw downfield in a driving rainstorm).

when it's too tough for them, it's just right for us--Marv

I remember when I had 200 posts...in 1998.

This is an awfully douchey response for absolutely no reason. Good for you.

His point stands though. I have more than 200 posts and fully believe that if the Bills were ever in contention in December people would go to the game. I know you like to trot out the early 90s an example of it not being true but that was before the NFL became the #1 game in America, before this incredibly long drought starving fans of competitive Dec. weather, and before getting a ticket became as easy as downloading it from your computer. It is a different time than the early 90s and football is much bigger. People just aren't going to pay an arm and a leg and freeze for meaningless games.

I know. It's an internet forum. I'm just pointing out that people's opinions seem to contradict what was said just last year.

PTR

People's opinion contradict what others say in every thread. That is why we have this forum!!! Look at WEO he disagree with everything anyone says, look at Joe W he disagrees with any positive news about the Bills, look at the people that wanted Nigel cut for posession, look at the people that said Byrd would never play a down for the Bills again. Yes some people don't like December games because it is too cold for them others enjoy the games. Others love it and feel that it gives an advantage to the Bills. Imagine that!

Edited by section122

Agreed.

I know. It's an internet forum. I'm just pointing out that people's opinions seem to contradict what was said just last year.

PTR

Are they the same people?

If not, then your point has no point.

Everyone has a different opinion. Even year from year.

People's opinion contradict what others say in every thread. That is why we have this forum!!! Look at WEO he disagree with everything anyone says, look at Joe W he disagrees with any positive news about the Bills, look at the people that wanted Nigel cut for posession, look at the people that said Byrd would never play a down for the Bills again. Yes some people don't like December games because it is too cold for them others enjoy the games. Others love it and feel that it gives an advantage to the Bills. Imagine that!

LOL. Exactly.

Wow...

Yeah that was somethin.

Yeah sometimes people use that argument and it drives me insane. As if people that discovered this board later than others or lurk more than post don't have as valuable an opinion... Welcome to the board. :beer:

I'm only counting 4 weeks of vacancy.

11/17 - Home

11/24 - BYE

12/1 - TO

12/8 - Road

12/15 - Road

12/22 - Home

you didn't count all of November - theoretically the stadium will be "empty" for 5 of 7 games (8 weeks)

11/03 Kansas City Chiefs 1:00 pm

11/10 @ Pittsburgh Steelers 1:00 pm

11/17 New York Jets 1:00 pm

11/24 - BYE

12/01 Atlanta Falcons (Tor) 4:05 pm

12/08 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 pm

12/15 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1:00 pm

12/22 Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm

12/29 @ New England Patriots 1:00 pm

the Bills might vacation in Florida between Tampa and Jax saves an extra road trip

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Yeah sometimes people use that argument and it drives me insane. As if people that discovered this board later than others or lurk more than post don't have as valuable an opinion... Welcome to the board. :beer:

Thank You.

It's a very primal response. Back to the cave men days, people would puff out their chests and act aggressive at newcomers as a way to show dominance and ward off threat. Similarly, someone who has been here a long time and with a high post count will boast of their high post count and longevity as a way to show dominance.

Some of us still revert to our cave men antics. I still have a few in me as well. I think we all do.

This is an awfully douchey response for absolutely no reason. Good for you.

His point stands though. I have more than 200 posts and fully believe that if the Bills were ever in contention in December people would go to the game. I know you like to trot out the early 90s an example of it not being true but that was before the NFL became the #1 game in America, before this incredibly long drought starving fans of competitive Dec. weather, and before getting a ticket became as easy as downloading it from your computer. It is a different time than the early 90s and football is much bigger. People just aren't going to pay an arm and a leg and freeze for meaningless games.

You contradict your own position. First you say people will come to cold weather games if the Bills were good. Then you admit that that didn't happen the last time the Bills were good in the 90's.

I don't know how old posters are. I'm 54 and I started going to games in 1969. Some of you may be so young you've never known a Bills team good enough to be in the playoffs.

All I'm trying to do is give perspective. It seems obvious that fans would follow a good Bills team, and they did for a season or two. But people get bored fast and cold faster.

After losing three Super Bowls they had to have Ch.2 buy up the last couple thousand tickets for the 1994 AFC championship against KC so it wouldn't blacked out. How sad is that?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You contradict your own position. First you say people will come to cold weather games if the Bills were good. Then you admit that that didn't happen the last time the Bills were good in the 90's.

I don't know how old posters are. I'm 54 and I started going to games in 1969. Some of you may be so young you've never known a Bills team good enough to be in the playoffs.

All I'm trying to do is give perspective. It seems obvious that fans would follow a good Bills team, and they did for a season or two. But people get bored fast and cold faster.

After losing three Super Bowls they had to have Ch.2 buy up the last couple thousand tickets for the 1994 AFC championship against KC so it wouldn't blacked out. How sad is that?

PTR

The stadium held approximately 7,000 more seats in the early 90's. The club seats weren't even around. It's much easier to sell out now then it was then.