The Ralph will be empty for FIVE straight weeks in Nov/Dec

And that doesn't even include the games local businesses bought out to prevent a blackout. More than having a good team, a domed stadium would likely help attendance more.

PTR

I also remember reading that 100% of games (or maybe it was 95%?) would have sold out it in the early 90's if the stadium was the size it is today.

Tough to compare now and then considering we have 7,000+ less seats.

Here's some pertinent information:

The last time the Bills hosted a late season game that had great significance was on January 2, 2005. It was the infamous "Steelers Scrubs" game, the regular season finale where the Bills needed to win to have a chance at getting into the playoffs.

Stadium Capacity at that time was 73,967 (2001-2007)

http://en.wikipedia....eating_capacity

Attendance that day was 73,414.

http://www.footballd...core/2005010208

I truly believe that unlike in the 90s that this fanbase does not take the team for granted anymore and understands what is at stake if the team is not supported to a reasonable degree.

ATTENDANCE was 500 less.

But all the tickets sold.

I'd venture to guess that there isn't a game in the NFL all year that doesn't have some people who don't show up.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joke or not, you clearly were unaware what goes into building the schedule and requested proof that teams would make requests, other than prime time games.

YAWN !!!!! once again you mis interperated the meaning of my posts

again EVERY team complains about something in their schedule.

it's the luck of the draw that they have 2* home games in December.

it's the luck of the draw that they face so many teams after a BYE.

Buffalo won't be granted favors "because of poverty in Western New York" and night games are a burden "on the fans who work".

the perennial losers would get THE least amount of considerations when it comes to their requests.

You want favors - WIN!!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

YAWN !!!!! once again you mis interperated the meaning of my posts

again EVERY team complains about something in their schedule.

it's the luck of the draw that they have 2* home games in December.

it's the luck of the draw that they face so many teams after a BYE.

Buffalo won't be granted favors "because of poverty in Western New York" and night games are a burden "on the fans who work".

the perennial losers would get THE least amount of considerations when it comes to their requests.

You want favors - WIN!!!

Then you misunderstood the whole thing. PTR said the NFL makes takes into consideration NFL team's requests. Then you asked for "proof and facts" to support that statement. then I provided proof that the NFL listens to teams when they make the schedule. I never claimed anything about the nfl granting the bills any favors. It was said that the nfl does consider teams' requests when making the schedule, and you were the one that asked for proof. If I misunderstood you when you said this:

Actually they do make the schedule based on requests of teams like the Bills.

Got link or any facts?

I mean, I don't know how else to interpret that. looks like you asked for links and facts regarding the nfl considering teams requests for the schedule, which I provided. If you were not asking for links and facts regarding NFL teams making requests, then I guess your post was meant as something sarcastic rather than an actual question, I don't know. But ok.... I will try to better at reading in between the lines of your posts next time. My apologies :)

Site all the "proof" of teams requests that you want. The NFL doesn't have to grant squatt.

The Bills are not getting favors in December due to the weather or the financially poor people of western NY.

No one said the bills were getting any favors. You just came to that conclusion yourself. People send the bills, and other teams made requests, and you acted like it was a myth. But no one said the bills are getting favors.

There are so many variables going into creating the schedule, I doubt the bills record or their requests had much impact as other things.

Site all the "proof" of teams requests that you want. The NFL doesn't have to grant squatt.

The Bills are not getting favors in December due to the weather or the financially poor people of western NY.

You are right. Everyone else is very, very wrong.

The bottom line is if we are winners, we fill the seats regardless of the weather, economy or anything else.

I remember in 88 when I think it was one of the coldest games in Bills history and because we were winners and buidling something, the game was stacked. It was 40 below with the windchill.

We're Bills fans which means we're all a little nuts. Put a winning team on the field, and you'll see a sea of red, white, and royal blue. I can't wait to get back to that fandemonium like the old days. I'm flying my boys up for their first Rich Stadium Game at the home opener. I can't wait, as they've been to a bunch of Bucs games. Now they'll see what real fans are like in Buffalo.

Go Bills!

19-0 baby!