Which Gas attack did POTUS Really Really Really Mean Would be a Trigge

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100,000 isn't enough for you? how bout 4500 us soldiers or a trillion dollars. but it was decisive. and so many americans were swelled with pride watching "shock and awe" unfold on their big screen tv's.

But why would you care? Isn't it about outcomes?

so you're saying that obama didn't consider diplomatic alternatives? he obviously considered military. should he have gone to congress before it became obvious that assad was using chem weapons? or should he have planned against going to congress all along despite the fact that he feels obligated constitutionally? do you think we haven't been discussing syria for the last 3 years with allies? does anything that you've seen recently support that contention. so, stripping all that away, we're left with "he should have kept his mouth shut". agreed. is his presidency destroyed by his utterance of red line? not to me. to folks who disliked him intensely from the start, nothing he did or does will save his presidency. no sense worrying about their opinions.

Just curious...which policy do you think Obama's pursuing right now? His "humanitarian" policy of aiding the rebels in non-military fashion, his "Arab Spring" policy of promoting democracy in the Middle East and toppling Assad, thus persisting the conflict? His "red line" policy of punishing Assad for the use of chemical weapons, but not pursuing regime change? His "unilateral" policy of enforcing "international norms" regardless of international agreement. Is he the C-in-C with command authority over "his" military regardless of Congress, or does he not have command authority until Congress authorizes it?

Ahh, the ole conservatives hate women line. Once again how progressively tolerant of you.

what planet are YOU from? she's attractive. do you generally treat attractive women differently (in a social setting) from just about anyone else? be honest...

But why would you care? Isn't it about outcomes?

those are outcomes

LOL..............amatuer hour continues

Well, that didn't take long:

Russia Backing Away from Fake Syria Weapons Deal.

How…unexpected. (Not.) John Kerry said it couldn’t be done. Russia is making sure that it won’t, even if it could be.

Russia is not keen at this stage for a binding U.N. Security Council resolution that would provide a framework to control Syria’s chemical weapons’ stocks,
France’s foreign minister said
after talks with his Russian counterpart on Tuesday

“As I understood, the Russians at this stage were not necessarily enthusiastic, and I’m using euphemism, to put all that into the framework of a U.N. binding resolution,” Laurent Fabius told French lawmakers after a telephone conversation with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.

Obama is being played.
The Russian deal forced him to change course and re-write tonight’s speech at the last minute. Now he has to re-write it again, or pretend that the Russians didn’t just drop a flaming bag of something on the White House doorstep. It will be grimly amusing to see what Obama tells the American people about all this now
. The words “fiasco” and “clusterf*ck” have been said by others today. He won’t use either word, but that doesn’t mean both don’t apply.

Harry Reid pretended that the Russia deal drove him to halt a vote on force in the Senate.
The reality is that Democrat votes for force were “dropping like flies,” and the prospect of passage in the House was always grim. Obama
the Congressional Black Caucus today. Sen. Mitch McConnell
, breaking with the House GOP leaders who had supported it, and probably killing off any chance that the Senate would help Obama out by at least giving him a split vote in Congress. The likelihood now is that he gets rejected by both houses with actual “No” votes
or implicitly if neither brings the authorization to a vote, and then has to decide if he wants to strike Syria anyway. Does Barry feel lucky?

So Obama is being played by Putin. The question is, does he know or even care that he’s being played? He seemed happy enough to grab Putin’s hand and get out of his jam. Now what’s he going to do? Putin is saying that there will be no quick fix, and that he intends to keep on using the UN to mess around with Obama, promise him a prize, then take it away, over and over again. Playing the part of Lucy, Vlad Putin. Playing the part of Charlie Brown trying to kick a football, Barack Obama. For a while to to me.

what planet are YOU from? she's attractive. do you generally treat attractive women differently (in a social setting) from just about anyone else? be honest...

Well first off why are you tearing a woman a new one. Do you feel threatened?? And the answer to your question no I don't. Why would I?? Do you?

I have this vision of the President's speech writer hiding under his desk in the fetal position, wondering out loud if he can get away with, "Good evening. So, uhh, that Chip Kelly is pretty good, huh? Well...thank you, and may God bless the United States of America."

I have this vision of the President's speech writer hiding under his desk in the fetal position, wondering out loud if he can get away with, "Good evening. So, uhh, that Chip Kelly is pretty good, huh? Well...thank you, and may God bless the United States of America..........oh and try the veal and don't forget to tip your waitress!"

Added that last bit there.

What’s Wrong with This Sentence?

As the administration contemplates launching an itty-bitty, teeny-weeny cruise-missile strike, a “change the momentum of the ground” blitz, or grabbing the Russian lifeline, it’s worth reading this little window into their analysis. Here’s a key sentence from an NBC News report on the extremist elements amongst the rebels:

“Most of the groups battling against Assad are composed of Islamist fighters, but only a small minority could accurately be characterized as extremist,” a U.S. official told NBC News, speaking on background

Ah yes, the the mythical moderate Islamist jihadist. Paging Andrew McCarthy. His piece, three days ago, was spot-on:

A Breakthrough — for Russia

FTA:

Putin’s payoff? Since 1973, Russia has been shut out of the greater Middle East. Now Putin is a major player, his stature higher than Obama. The U.S. goal for two years has been the removal of the Assad regime, in order to cut off Iran from the Arab hinterland and its Hezbollah cat’s paw in Lebanon. Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and others, encouraged by a vacillating U.S., swung all-in against Assad.

Now Obama has been checkmated by Putin. In order to remove the chemical weapons – about 5 percent of Assad’s military capabilities, however gruesome – Obama and the “international community” must negotiate with Assad. Putin has ensured that his client stays in power, while Obama has lost the greater game – eliminating Iran’s fort inside the greater Middle East.

Russia gains prestige and influence. Assad gains security. Iran secures its links.

The U.S. loses global influence and leaves its longstanding friends in the region angry and frustrated. The mainstream press praises Kerry and endorses Mr. Obama’s speech tonight as sound and reasonable.

Make no mistake. This is a serious setback for the U.S., all because the Obama administration lacks coherence and commonsense in carrying out foreign policy.

Edited by B-Man

I can't speak for anyone else, but I treat the women I work with, and who work under me, with the utmost courtesy and respect, judging them on the quality of their work and their knowledge and skills only, just as I do my male co-workers; because, quite frankly it's exactly what they deserve.

I'm sorry that you don't see fit to do the same. But then, you're an abusive piece of ****, so there's that.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Well first off why are you tearing a woman a new one. Do you feel threatened?? And the answer to your question no I don't. Why would I?? Do you?

you're joking right? you think appearance has no effect on behavior? you think beautiful people don't get treated differently in general? it's psych 101. how many ugly advertising models have you ever seen. this phenomenon isn't lost on advertisers or sales forces. you're denying basic, verifiable human nature and behavior. but you do seem an outlier so maybe you really are different.

Well, that didn't take long:

Russia Backing Away from Fake Syria Weapons Deal.

How…unexpected. (Not.) John Kerry said it couldn’t be done. Russia is making sure that it won’t, even if it could be.

Russia is not keen at this stage for a binding U.N. Security Council resolution that would provide a framework to control Syria’s chemical weapons’ stocks,
France’s foreign minister said
after talks with his Russian counterpart on Tuesday

“As I understood, the Russians at this stage were not necessarily enthusiastic, and I’m using euphemism, to put all that into the framework of a U.N. binding resolution,” Laurent Fabius told French lawmakers after a telephone conversation with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov.

Obama is being played.
The Russian deal forced him to change course and re-write tonight’s speech at the last minute. Now he has to re-write it again, or pretend that the Russians didn’t just drop a flaming bag of something on the White House doorstep. It will be grimly amusing to see what Obama tells the American people about all this now
. The words “fiasco” and “clusterf*ck” have been said by others today. He won’t use either word, but that doesn’t mean both don’t apply.

Harry Reid pretended that the Russia deal drove him to halt a vote on force in the Senate.
The reality is that Democrat votes for force were “dropping like flies,” and the prospect of passage in the House was always grim. Obama
the Congressional Black Caucus today. Sen. Mitch McConnell
, breaking with the House GOP leaders who had supported it, and probably killing off any chance that the Senate would help Obama out by at least giving him a split vote in Congress. The likelihood now is that he gets rejected by both houses with actual “No” votes
or implicitly if neither brings the authorization to a vote, and then has to decide if he wants to strike Syria anyway. Does Barry feel lucky?

So Obama is being played by Putin. The question is, does he know or even care that he’s being played? He seemed happy enough to grab Putin’s hand and get out of his jam. Now what’s he going to do? Putin is saying that there will be no quick fix, and that he intends to keep on using the UN to mess around with Obama, promise him a prize, then take it away, over and over again. Playing the part of Lucy, Vlad Putin. Playing the part of Charlie Brown trying to kick a football, Barack Obama. For a while to to me.

But...but...but...threatening the use of force convinced the Russians, dammit!

Obama's speechwriters must be going apeshit rewriting this speech to keep up with current events. Putin'll probably announce something new at 5 to 9, just to !@#$ with Obama. :lol:

Exclusive Text of President Obama’s Awkwardly Timed Syria Speech

Tonight at 9 p.m. EST, President Obama will deliver live, televised remarks on Syria from the White House. Daily Intelligencer has secured a copy of this speech, as prepared for address.

Good evening. Tonight I had hoped to speak directly to you, the American people, as your president and commander-in-chief, about the necessity of taking military action against the Assad regime in Syria.

I was going to talk all about why bombing Syria was not only a moral obligation, but also squarely in our national interests. That's what I had planned to do when we scheduled this speech last week.

But then, as many of you know, John Kerry sort of accidentally proposed yesterday that President Assad could avoid retribution if he agreed to give up his chemical weapons. To our surprise, Syria is into it, as is its close ally Russia.

Suddenly we're in the midst of figuring out a diplomatic solution to this crisis. Just a few hours ago, Syria declared its intention to join the international treaty banning chemical weapons, and I asked the Senate to delay a vote on military strikes. The situation is changing almost by the minute.

So, with all that being said ... I'm not totally sure what I'm supposed to say here anymore. The military strikes I was going to aggressively argue for tonight may no longer be necessary. Then again, they might be, if these diplomatic talks fall apart. We definitely need to do something about Syria, I'm just not sure what. You can see my dilemma.

What people don't know is that once you reserve ten minutes of prime-time television, they don't let you back out, for any reason. It's crazy.

You know what? Joe said something pretty spot-on about Syria the other day. What was it ... oh, right. "Barack, if the American people don't" ... no, wait ... how did it go? Ah, crap. I can't remember. Well, it was good.

Did anyone watch Monday Night Football last night? Those were some okay games. I'm really excited about this season.

Okay, well, that about wraps 'er up. Let me get back to you about Syria, because again, we're really right in the middle of this thing.

Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2013/09/obama-syria-oval-office-speech-address-text-preview.html

you're joking right? you think appearance has no effect on behavior? you think beautiful people don't get treated differently in general? it's psych 101. how many ugly advertising models have you ever seen. this phenomenon isn't lost on advertisers or sales forces. you're denying basic, verifiable human nature and behavior. but you do seem an outlier so maybe you really are different.

Got it. You like to treat attractive women baddly, and demean them in the work place. But you justify it by reporting to cro magnon age biological norms, which you also likely use to justify rape.

Piece.

Of.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I treat the women I work with, and who work under me, with the utmost courtesy and respect, judging them on the quality of their work and their knowledge and skills only, just as I do my male co-workers; because, quite frankly it's exactly what they deserve.

I'm sorry that you don't see fit to do the same. But then, you're an abusive piece of ****, so there's that.

really? the "Elections have consequences. My personal tax rate is up 30% thismorning, so the first thing I did today was tell my housekeeper and gardener that they will either also agree to work for 30% less or they will not have jobs with me anymore. The gardener is staying on, the housekeeper argued and was dismissed from service." guy is giving out judgement on how to treat employees?

Not in the workplace. To do so is quite sexist, I am sorry to say...

maybe. just tore a decent looking drug rep a new one for standing over me while i ate lunch.

it was a her...makes a difference. i'm kinda coinservative that way. some slicking talking ex jock alpha male ; wouldn't have given it a second thought.

This just screams "I hate all the good looking women at work and the men they talk to because they all think I'm a snivelling dweeb."