Which Gas attack did POTUS Really Really Really Mean Would be a Trigge

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assad tells Charlie Rose: Obama runs a 'social media administration'. Shamefully, he has a point

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/technology/micwright/100010406/assad-on-charie-rose-obama-runs-a-social-media-administration-shamefully-he-has-a-point/

Syria: Barack Obama hands the world to Vladimir Putin

http://blogs.telegra...world-to-putin/

Can’t Anyone Here Play This Game?

http://freebeacon.com/cant-anyone-here-play-this-game/

Axelrod tweets out the new narrative:

David Axelrod@davidaxelrod21m

If POTUS hadn't threatened credible military response, does anyone believe Russia and Syria would be coming forward now? No time to falter.

OMG! So now we get to hear about what a great Leader the Rodeo Clown in office is because RUSSIA bailed his big mouth out? And sadly, you are right, the media and the democrats will eat this crap up smiling!

what options dso you believe we've excluded? i don't see a corner. i see an exit. might not be open forever, but it's there now, chief.

There are no good options at this point. But who put us in this situation? Putin? Assad? Iran? No it was our fearless leader with his stupid red line comment. See a community organizer does not realize that words have consequences. They just talk for the sake of talking and to just make the community feel all warm and fuzzy and those words don't make it out of the community. As POTUS the world is always listening and as I said those words have consequences and the consequences are that we're pretty much !@#$ed no matter what happens. If that isn't painting yourself into a corner to you I don't know what is. What and where is this exit you talk about?

There are no good options at this point. But who put us in this situation? Putin? Assad? Iran? No it was our fearless leader with his stupid red line comment. See a community organizer does not realize that words have consequences. They just talk for the sake of talking and to just make the community feel all warm and fuzzy and those words don't make it out of the community. As POTUS the world is always listening and as I said those words have consequences and the consequences are that we're pretty much !@#$ed no matter what happens. If that isn't painting yourself into a corner to you I don't know what is. What and where is this exit you talk about?

how would it have been different if he didn't say those words?. we'd still be facing an emboldened iran and hezbollah, that would still need to be adressed overtly or covertly. the exit is the russians removing and policing chemical weapons in the region. whether theyh are serious about it is the question. but it's unlikely the aforementioned groups will cross them anytime soon.

how would it have been different if he didn't say those words?

Fewer in the world would consider him and the US the gutless, foolish, leaderless lintball you can find hiding under the crap at the bottom of your grandmother's handbag.

But hey...maybe Vlad is about to find out just how much flexibility Obama really does have in his second term.

Edited by LABillzFan

Fewer in the world would consider him and the US the gutless, foolish, leaderless lintball you can find hiding under the crap at the bottom of your grandmother's handbag.

But hey...maybe Vlad is about to find out just how much flexibility Obama really does have in his second term.

so, i ask again, what would a wise, brave leader have done in the same situation and what outcome would he have hoped for?

how would it have been different if he didn't say those words?. we'd still be facing an emboldened iran and hezbollah, that would still need to be adressed overtly or covertly. the exit is the russians removing and policing chemical weapons in the region. whether theyh are serious about it is the question. but it's unlikely the aforementioned groups will cross them anytime soon.

The underlined/bolded pretty much answers your own question.

so, i ask again, what would a wise, brave leader have done in the same situation and what outcome would he have hoped for?

A wise leader wouldn't have let his mouth write a check his ass wasn't willing to cash; and a brave leader doesn't make unilateral threats which his politics won't allow him to carry out.

That's a good place to start.

Leave it to "Hank Scorpio" to solve this..............................lol

If a comedian proposes Syrian solution, does that make it a joke?

By BYRON YORK

With just over 500,000 followers, the comedian and actor Albert Brooks is a popular presence on Twitter. Most of his tweets are mild, 140-character jokes about events in the news. (Examples: "Neiman Marcus to be Sold for 6 billion. That is, of course, retail," and "Diana Nyad's going to be so pissed when she finds out there was a flight," and "Happy New Year to my Jewish friends, or as I like to call them, my friends.")

But Brooks, judging by Twitter at least, has taken the crisis in Syria seriously. Between jokes about Miley Cyrus and Johnny Manziel, on Aug. 29, as leaks detailed U.S. options for attacking Syria, Brooks tweeted, "I don't know the right decision on Syria, but basically telling them Saturday between 3 and 4 seems stupid." Two days later, when President Obama announced he would seek congressional authorization for an attack on Syria, Brooks tweeted, "I like POTUS asking Congress, but I think they should be called back now, not when they casually return from vacation."

Those were perhaps a little too serious for a Twitter account not devoted to foreign policy. So on Friday night (early Saturday in the East), Brooks sent out a Syria joke. "Russia and the U.S. could unite for one week," he tweeted, "go into Syria, remove the chemicals, and let them continue fighting."

It was kind of grimly funny. Except it didn't turn out to be a joke. Forty-eight hours later, leaders in the U.S., Russia, and Syria were embracing the Brooks Plan, although no one called it that. At first it seemed the idea originated in a gaffe by Secretary of State John Kerry. Then Obama told interviewers that he and Russian leader Vladimir Putin discussed it at their recent meeting. Whatever the case, several key players in the Syrian crisis, plus a number of lawmakers on Capitol Hill, welcomed a plan that was immediately characterized as a way to avoid U.S. intervention in Syria. For Obama especially, the idea seemed to be a lifeline out of the terrible trap he had constructed for himself.

Brooks got no credit, although his 114-character tweet predicted precisely the essence of the new proposal. As the story began to dominate the news Monday, Brooks, who had heretofore not been recognized as a major player in the Syria crisis, tweeted simply, "I believe I tweeted this idea last Friday."

Too late. The proposal is already known as the Russian Plan, not the Brooks Plan. But now, after the initial flush of excitement over a possible way out of the Syrian dilemma, the plan's many flaws — it could be fundamentally unworkable — will likely come to dominate the news. It might not be long before Brooks is joking about his own joke that somehow became the latest development in the long Syrian tragedy.

http://washingtonexa...article/2535498

A wise leader wouldn't have let his mouth write a check his ass wasn't willing to cash; and a brave leader doesn't make unilateral threats which his politics won't allow him to carry out.

That's a good place to start.

It's actually a great place to start, but birddog will never see it that way because...BUSH!!! SHUT UP!!

It's actually a great place to start, but birddog will never see it that way because...BUSH!!! SHUT UP!!

i see that the net effect of his actions may well be positive. this move by syria and russia may never have occurred without those words. we may have been forced into military action now. just because axelrod said the same thing doesn't make it false. i can't say it enough...to me, it's about outcomes.

i see that the net effect of his actions may well be positive. this move by syria and russia may never have occurred without those words. we may have been forced into military action now. just because axelrod said the same thing doesn't make it false. i can't say it enough...to me, it's about outcomes.

The outcome is that America has sacrificed it's credibility and standing in the international community, and has handed the global leadership role to Russia, and that's the best of the situation.

The worst part is that President Obama completely Forrest Gumped his way towards this result. He had no plan, and no strategy beyond empty headed, short sighted oratory; and if you wish to argue that this was, in fact, his end game when all of this started, then he should be impeached immidately, with uniform agreement from both parties, for intentionally handicapping the US on the world stage.

You give credit to people for the designs of their plans when the stakes are this high; not for bumblingly creating a power vacuum by surrendering your influence, which is then promptly filled by the greatest threat to US security on the planet. You get shredded for that. And you beat the !@#$ out of jackasses who laud the immense harm done to our nation as some sort of crowning acheivement.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

It should surprise no one that you fail to see Obama's incompetence in this, nor do you see the problem with Russia walking out of this with the upper hand. That's fine. You don't need or expect anything from your country beyond 'free' handouts and maybe the occasional Olympic medal.

And while the immediate outcome appears to be fine, we'll see what happens long term when it suddenly dawns on you that in tonight's episode of "Mars Attacks!!," the roles of the martians will be played by Putin and Assad and the role of the incompetent poll-driven president will be played by, well, an incompetent poll-driven president.