Which Gas attack did POTUS Really Really Really Mean Would be a Trigge

so you're saying that obama didn't consider diplomatic alternatives? he obviously considered military. should he have gone to congress before it became obvious that assad was using chem weapons? or should he have planned against going to congress all along despite the fact that he feels obligated constitutionally? do you think we haven't been discussing syria for the last 3 years with allies? does anything that you've seen recently support that contention. so, stripping all that away, we're left with "he should have kept his mouth shut". agreed. is his presidency destroyed by his utterance of red line? not to me. to folks who disliked him intensely from the start, nothing he did or does will save his presidency. no sense worrying about their opinions.

Oh, well, if I had known that those who dislike him from jump weren't entitled to voice an opinion, I'd have saved my ink...er, bits, keystrokes.

Why is it that the things you've stripped away are the things you obviously don't want to consider as shortcomings? If BHO "dislikers" are blind to the things he's done, could it be that the BHO "likers" are blind to the things he hasn't done? Well, I guess we all know the answer to that one, eh?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? the "Elections have consequences. My personal tax rate is up 30% thismorning, so the first thing I did today was tell my housekeeper and gardener that they will either also agree to work for 30% less or they will not have jobs with me anymore. The gardener is staying on, the housekeeper argued and was dismissed from service." guy is giving out judgement on how to treat employees?

I approached both with tact, dignity, and respect. I treated them both the same, regardless of their different sexes, and mine was an economic employment decision.

Birdog, on the other hand, ***** all over women he finds attractive and justifies it with biological impulses.

Further, what I did is a normal business practice, and what he did may actually be illegal.

Any other false equivilencies your like to make, or are you done defending the abuse of women in the work place?

you're joking right? you think appearance has no effect on behavior? you think beautiful people don't get treated differently in general? it's psych 101. how many ugly advertising models have you ever seen. this phenomenon isn't lost on advertisers or sales forces. you're denying basic, verifiable human nature and behavior. but you do seem an outlier so maybe you really are different.

Of course beautiful women get treated differently in general. But that's not what you asked. You asked if I treat them differently I don't but it appears that you do and don't have an issue with treating "ugly" women poorly. How progressively tolerant of you

Further proof Obama has the leadership skills of a mop.

Knowing he can't get the votes, he uses his lifeline from Putin to call off any votes in Congress before a deal is even in place.

As embarrassing as any leader could ever be.

Whoa whoa whoa, hold on there buddy. Congress was in such a rush to war. Obama's leadership is tempering those hotheaded tea party hawks

This just screams "I hate all the good looking women at work and the men they talk to because they all think I'm a snivelling dweeb."

well, no. that would be an incorrect conclusion. they're briefly there to sell to me or my partners. the motivation to talk with us has everything to do with their charts of prescription volumes written for drugs in the class they're selling and almost nothing to do with sniveling dweebs or mcdreamy's (neither of which i feel describes me or my partners) no matter what their appearance, i believe sales people require the skill of reading people and knowing when pushing is not a good idea. so while a bit less venom may be instinctively directed at an attractive female than male, in the described situation it will be directed nonetheless. fortunately, it appears drug reps are being steadily phased out. maybe i should have simply answered, yes, i was in a bad mood.

well, no. that would be an incorrect conclusion. they're briefly there to sell to me or my partners. the motivation to talk with us has everything to do with their charts of prescription volumes written for drugs in the class they're selling and almost nothing to do with sniveling dweebs or mcdreamy's (neither of which i feel describes me or my partners) no matter what their appearance, i believe sales people require the skill of reading people and knowing when pushing is not a good idea. so while a bit less venom may be instinctively directed at an attractive female than male, in the described situation it will be directed nonetheless. fortunately, it appears drug reps are being steadily phased out. maybe i should have simply answered, yes, i was in a bad mood.

So you direct venom to people just in your office trying to do their job and make money to feed their families. How progressively tolerant of you.

Edited by Chef Jim

So you direct venom to people just in your office trying to do their job and make money to feed their families. How progressively tolerant of you.

To reiterate, bought him the lunch he was eating, and likely bought lunch for his partners and staff as well.

Bought him lunch as currency to speak with him in order to conduct business.

Which he lied to her, and used her for, and then abused her in the work place, and justified it will biological impulses.

He's garbage as a human being.

just read the transcript. unsurprisingly, i don't agree with the assessment here thus far. short, succinct and to the point. the info about a sarin staging area, tissue samples and issuance of gas masks to assad troops are important additions to the public knowledge base on the incident. it will be telling to gauge the regimes and russia's response or lack thereof to these declarations. i'd bet they hold up much better than yellow cake and centrifuges. i heard excerpts of obama's peace prize acceptance speech earlier today in which he stated his belief in justified military response to humanitarian crises brought on by despots. interestingly, it wasn't particularly controversial at the time. tonight, he addressed all of the relevant arguments against intervention made here or elsewhere. no idea how it will be received generally but i found it compelling.

Say what you will about the prospect of a U.S. strike on Syria, it has already performed one useful service:

exposing the dishonesty....................the partisan opportunism.......................the intellectual flabbiness........................the two-bit histrionics and the dumb hysteria that was the standard Democratic attack on the Bush administration's diplomatic handling of the war in Iraq.

no idea how it will be received generally but i found it compelling.

You can start with Ron Fournier, a dedicated Obama follower, to see how it "will be received generally."

A Democratic strategist who works closely with the White House, and who requested anonymity to avoid political retribution, told me, "This has been one of the most humiliating episodes in presidential history."

Most. Humiliating. Ever.

But hey...at least it was compelling.

just read the transcript. unsurprisingly, i don't agree with the assessment here thus far. short, succinct and to the point. the info about a sarin staging area, tissue samples and issuance of gas masks to assad troops are important additions to the public knowledge base on the incident. it will be telling to gauge the regimes and russia's response or lack thereof to these declarations. i'd bet they hold up much better than yellow cake and centrifuges. i heard excerpts of obama's peace prize acceptance speech earlier today in which he stated his belief in justified military response to humanitarian crises brought on by despots. interestingly, it wasn't particularly controversial at the time. tonight, he addressed all of the relevant arguments against intervention made here or elsewhere. no idea how it will be received generally but i found it compelling.

Good job. You immediately post that you disagree with the assessment here even before it's been given.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/foreigners/2013/09/barack_obama_s_misguided_approach_to_syria_the_president_s_strategy_for.html

But if your foreign policy has to be rescued by a dictator, you are doing it wrong. That’s where President Obama finds himself today. Putin is providing Obama an out he couldn’t find for himself.

Catching up with the news today, and Jennifer Rubin (WashPo) was pretty accurate last night when she tweeted:

Jennifer Rubin@JRubinBlogger10h

Obama lost his most important constituency tonight.. Media. Reviews across the board w few notable, laughable exceptions horrendous

Example: Obama worshipper Maureen Dowd obliterated him here.

Amateur hour started when Obama dithered on Syria and failed to explain the stakes there. It escalated last August with a slip by the methodical wordsmith about “a red line for us” — which the president and Kerry later tried to blur as the world’s red line, except the world was averting its eyes.

Obama’s flip-flopping, ambivalent leadership led him to the exact place he never wanted to be: unilateral instead of unified. Once again, as with gun control and other issues, he had not done the groundwork necessary to line up support. The bumbling approach climaxed with two off-the-cuff remarks by Kerry, hitting a rough patch in the role of a lifetime, during a London press conference Monday; he offered to forgo an attack if Assad turned over “every single bit of his chemical weapons to the international community” and promised, if they did strike, that it would be an “unbelievably small” effort.

More here from Rubin.

You can start with Ron Fournier, a dedicated Obama follower, to see how it "will be received generally."

A Democratic strategist who works closely with the White House, and who requested anonymity to avoid political retribution, told me, "This has been one of the most humiliating episodes in presidential history."

Most. Humiliating. Ever.

But hey...at least it was compelling.

Catching up with the news today, and Jennifer Rubin (WashPo) was pretty accurate last night when she tweeted:

Jennifer Rubin@JRubinBlogger10h

Obama lost his most important constituency tonight.. Media. Reviews across the board w few notable, laughable exceptions horrendous

Example: Obama worshipper Maureen Dowd obliterated him here.

More here from Rubin.

Ed Asner said he was disappointed with Barry and rated it a 7 out of 10. Looks like he's losing the celebs as well.

OF OBAMA ADMINISTRATION STATEMENTS ON SYRIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clcl0VZhl24

Predictably Misleading

By Victor Davis Hanson

The one requisite in a presidential speech is honesty. Without it, nothing else matters. The president’s speech last night was incoherent in its call to be ready at some future day to use force that he just recently insisted must be used immediately.

But more disturbing, aside from the true nature of the Putin gambit, Obama simply did not tell the truth about the role of Congress in his self-created debacle.

In fact, not long ago, Obama said that he did not “believe it was right . . . to take this debate to Congress.” In truth, he was forced to, after resisting such a move, because public opinion was not in his favor. Or, in the words of his own cynical political guru, David Axelrod, he wished the congressional dog to catch the car and share some responsibility for the self-induced mess.

Moreover, last decade was not characterized by a president who engaged in “sidelining the people’s representatives from the critical decisions about when we use force.” In truth, George W. Bush obtained authorizations from both Houses of Congress before using force in both Afghanistan and Iraq. In contrast, Barack Obama bypassed Congress — but not the Arab League — in bombing Libya.

{snip}

Finally, there were the usual Obama-speech bullet points that ensure it is a presidential speech:

The tired usual emphatics? Check: “Let me make something clear.”

Straw men on the edges with sober and judicious Obama in the middle? Check: “friends on the right” and “friends on the left.”

First person overload? Check: “especially me,” “my judgment,” “I determined,” “I possess,” “I’m also,” etc.

Bush did it? Check: “. . . after a decade that put more and more war making power in the hands of the president.”

Iraq ad nauseam? Check: “we learned from Iraq,” “an open-ended action like Iraq,” “terrible toll of Iraq and Afghanistan,” “our troops are out of Iraq,” etc.

Growing the (now shrinking) middle class? Check: “growing our middle class.”