Half way through Preseason. What are your concerns?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is the fan base. Definitely the fan base. They will exalt the virtues of this year's squad or wilt into oblivion with the team. They are largely composed of shell-shocked old timers and limp-wristed negative ninnies these days. The bandwagon will be huge or non- existent base on the team's record. This place will either be a carnival or a sewer.

This is spot-on truth. Well said.

I've been saying TE will be a problem since the draft. In the "New NFL", a pass catching TE is critical to any good offense. If Chandler is not the same after his injury we could be missing this vital element. Smith, while a great blocker, is not a good pass catching TE and Gragg has a lot to prove still. Dorin D might be our best bet at TE if Chandler cant hold up.

O Line is a no brainer for this list

EJ's knee does not scare me as much as the valuable experience he is missing. I think the knee will be fine but he will never get those missed reps back. Worse than that, this almost secures Kolb as starter for week 1. The missed time complicates matter much more than we realize.

Edited by Clutchwarfare

Nigel has glaucoma.

McKelvin

Searcy

LG

Maroone has miltary tendencies

Mario has a boo boo foot.

wet field mats and Kolb

Is my beer cold.

can Blatnick Ross and my boy Troup make the team

not in that order.

ps wtf does me having no warning points mean? these guys are messing with my head. that is actually one of my biggest concerns

Thanks. Made me laugh!

Mine is the fan base. Definitely the fan base. They will exalt the virtues of this year's squad or wilt into oblivion with the team. They are largely composed of shell-shocked old timers and limp-wristed negative ninnies these days. The bandwagon will be huge or non- existent base on the team's record. This place will either be a carnival or a sewer.

Awesome post, Nanker!

I haven't ever given thought to who I am about this team, figuring I was just born into it. Thanks to you, I realize I wear the badge of shell-shocked old-timer. I'm good with that!

Again in the practices, Jerry hughes was getting a lot of pressures from that side, he has beaten Glenn. As I stated I am hoping it is just Cordy in practice not giving it his all. As mentioned he did keep Allen in check, which is good. But was Allen going all out (See Mario Williams) Was Minnesoats a Vanilla scheme?

Maybe its because Jerry Hughes will be the next Bryce Paup??

I have been watching the left side of the o-line closely in the PS games. Colin Brown has made me a believer. I'm really think he's a legitimate starter, and worlds ahead of Legurski. In the Vikings game, Brown performed better than Glenn, who seems to be slowly warming up for the year. But I'm not really worried about him either.

My top concerns are:

O-Line depth - The starters all look good to me, but I'm not comfortable with ANY of the backups, and it's likely one will need to play at some point.

TE - I'd feel a lot better if it looked like Chandler was back to 100%

CB - I think it's going to be a feast or famine kind of year....

QB depth - I think Kolb is a good short-term backup, but don't believe he can lead the team to success over an extended period or in the playoffs.

Amazingly, I can't list LB. Moats is great depth, but he's the only one ready for playing time IMO. Maybe I should have listed LB Depth.

My peerrI guess its still my perennial concern...the o-line. We'll see how much of a problem it might be when the regular season starts. We have the qb who can throw deep and the receivers who can get deep, but do we have the line to give the qb the time he needs? I don't have a lot of worries elsewhere. If the O-line holds up and the injury bud doesn't bite to deeply we may make a lot of noise this year.

I really only have two concerns at the moment.

- QB - Kolb looks like he has PTSD, so I really hope EJ is ready for the regular season.

- CB - Outside of Gilmore, I'm pretty worried. Though it sounds like Butler might be coming along nicely. Brooks makes some decent plays at times, but then takes a mental vacation on others. Not sure what to think.

Other than that, I think we've looked really solid so far. Not a whole lot of complaints here.

Edited by Dorkington