AFC East - meh

YoloinOhio

Brady's hit 30 TDs in what, four, maybe five seasons?

He ain't doin' it this season with a bunch of rookie WRs.

How well the Pats' D plays without constantly being up by 20 points remains to be seen. imo they play from behind much of this season.

9-7

You are vastly underestimating the quality of the Pats' cheating and payoffs to the refs.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we really arguing about the Pats/Bills? Seriously? A team that we've beaten TWICE in 12 years? I don't have to quote Brady's practice sessions ( I can't believe I'm even being forced to defend him, ugh). I could just pull up the head-to-head results since 2001. And since that time we've had a few coaches and QBs. And a coach/players "not knowing how to play 4 quarters" is retard speak. These players and coaches grow up with the game. They're well acquainted with playing "four quarters" with their "game faces" on. Some people just can't compete at the highest level.

Not arguing at all about who is better - hoping for a split with the Pats because they seem to be trending downward and we get them week 1 at home. Not at all expecting to win at Foxboro later on but pointing out close we have come recently to doing so. Also, really more commenting that I think the other two teams look worse, at this point, than Blo. As of now - just saying.

Are we really arguing about the Pats/Bills? Seriously? A team that we've beaten TWICE in 12 years? I don't have to quote Brady's practice sessions ( I can't believe I'm even being forced to defend him, ugh). I could just pull up the head-to-head results since 2001. And since that time we've had a few coaches and QBs. And a coach/players "not knowing how to play 4 quarters" is retard speak. These players and coaches grow up with the game. They're well acquainted with playing "four quarters" with their "game faces" on. Some people just can't compete at the highest level.

Funny the picture in your Avatar. I bet he would not accept someone that thinks like you.

I've been beating this drum for months.

Whether I'm a homer, an idiot, delusional or just stupid ... I don't care. I like being optimistic. Bills are gonna win this division.

I was saying this about the Pats for a few years. Then Gronk and Hernandez showed up. I really do believe Brady is great and makes his ENTIRE team better. God, i hate typing that.

I hope this is the year age catches up with them. Till i see it i will not believe it. We as Bills fans have to hope the Bills get better, not the Pats get worse.

I was saying this about the Pats for a few years. Then Gronk and Hernandez showed up. I really do believe Brady is great and makes his ENTIRE team better. God, i hate typing that.

I hope this is the year age catches up with them. Till i see it i will not believe it. We as Bills fans have to hope the Bills get better, not the Pats get worse.

I hate that I agree with this. Blech.

But, you gotta acknowledge greatness when it's there. And it's definitely there. I just wish we had that again, it'd be nice.

-I was just reading an article about how poor Mike Wallace looks in Miami and he could be a bust FA signing. The fins also parted ways with Reggie Bush and Jake Long. and have start a 2nd year QB. Their D is not great and I know it was a preseason game but the game I watched them play against the Cowboys in Canton was brutal. I like Hartline, but not sure how many playmakers they have. Lamar Miller hasn't looked great either as of yet, although I know he has OK potential. He's no Spiller.

-J-E-T-S. That is all.

-Pats - Brady's knee might be OK today, but I have a feeling he could get hurt this year. Don't tell me teams won't go after that knee. No deep threat WR, no awesome TEs til Gronk returns, and a very questionable defense. I still think they likely win the division because they cheat, er, because they always do, but they typically struggle against NFC teams as well...

all I'm saying is there's a chance.

Nobody is going to hand the Bills a division title. They are going to need to go and take it.

I'll never understand the hype Miami got and more specifically Ryan Tannehill. The guy had a very smilar season to Brandon Weeden. I've beaten this drum in every Miami thread. I understand, Weeden, was suppose to come in and be more "NFL Ready" but analysts weren't talking him up after the season. In fact, they were talking about how bad he looked. Yet, Tannehill, puts up simliar stats to Weeden and somehow he's this new rising star? I don't get it. And I don't see it.

Here's a good one from two days ago:

It wasn't the nearly-flawless performance that he opened up last week's joint practice with, but quarterback Tom Brady was locked in for much of Tuesday's practice, including a hot early stretch during 7-on-7 drills. The highlight of the opening 7-on-7 period was a laser to Danny Amendola on a throw that threaded between a safety and cornerback up the seam. Early in the practice, the Buccaneers secondary provided little resistance to Brady & Co., but they eventually tightened things up.

Wait, so Brady was awesome against no pass rush? That's somehow news?

I miss the days when we had real talent, real coaching and teams were Chasing us for not only the AFCE title but the AFC title period.

By real coaching you mean guys that got out of the way and trusted their players.

Levy had no idea what play was going to be called next on the field, and neither did anyone else but JK in the vast majority of situations. Sometimes Kent Hull even called the plays.

Trusting your QB to call the plays he likes based on what he is feeling out there is a huge step for a coaching staff. Most coaches ego's are too big in this league today to allow for more than an audible now and then. I think Peyton is the only QB that has the reigns off 100%

I hate that I agree with this. Blech.

But, you gotta acknowledge greatness when it's there. And it's definitely there. I just wish we had that again, it'd be nice.

I still think there's something going on...how Wes Welker was getting THAT wide open every game is very fishy to me. If we see Amendola get open all the time, then I'll be further convinced that something's up. B-)

That said, Brady doesn't have the weapons as he did last year and will have to rely on the running game more. Teams will know this and will probably stack the box a bit more. The defenses that will be able to stop the run will beat New England this year. I see no more than 10 wins for them this year.

The Jets are an enigma - we won't know which team will show up. I don't know what their D will be like with a new DC and Sanchez is still their QB until Geno Smith shows something. I'm thinking 8-8 at best for them.

Miami got the press because they were active in free agency. Wallace is a good signing, but I think they're still a bit over-rated. I'm not yet convinced on Tannehill. Miami might win 7-8 games, but no more.

We're all excited about Manuel and the new coaching staff, but I'm holding out judgement until we see the first 3-4 games. The defense has players, but I want to see how the LBs perform. With a supposedly more aggressive defense, there is the risk of giving up big plays. That could hurt against teams like New Orleans, Atlanta, New England, etc. I'm going to say 8-8 for the Bills...I doubt we'll see a division win, but they'll contend.

Wait, so Brady was awesome against no pass rush? That's somehow news?

Did you skim over the first sentence of, "it wasn't the nearly-flawless performance that he opened up last week's joint practice with." That quote was a two parter, A. he was killing this past week in practice and B. he was locked in on the 7-on-7s. This is to make the a counterpoint that somehow the Pats have lost a step. And by the way, EJ has lit it up during 7 on 7s and this board needs 3 threads to discuss it. So stop acting like I'm being unreasonable.

I'm going to respond to the original point of this thread and I see no reason why the Bills cannot compete for the division, but nobody is going to hand it to them, and more importantly, the teams in our division are not as weak as people think. This team needs to be more prepared, healthier, and more technically sound in order to beat anyone, and there will be times where CJ won't gain a yard, the receivers just aren't getting open, and the defense looks like they are asleep. That's inevitable, this is a new team from top to bottom and it's expecting a lot to think they'll outright win the division. Is it impossible? No, not at all, but to think the rest of our division has gotten weaker is really not the case.

Edited by Homey D. Clown

Throughout his career, Brady has been wildly successful in the passing game with the likes of David Givens, David Patten, Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney, Donte Stallworth and a host of other JAG's at his primary disposal. At some point in time you gotta accept that it's the passer, and not the receiver(s), who is the critical component to the Pats passing success. Last I heard, Brady is still the Pats QB (and on fire in camp by all accounts) so I wouldn't count on anything but a wildly successful Pats passing offense yet again.

I still think there's something going on...how Wes Welker was getting THAT wide open every game is very fishy to me. If we see Amendola get open all the time, then I'll be further convinced that something's up. B-)

One of the things that Brady is really good at (same with Manning) is reading a defense and making audible calls at the line. So when you have someone who is shifty, like Welker, or a mismatch like Gronk/Hernandez, making those adjustments to find the soft spot in a defense is even easier. This year, we have no idea if he has a guy who can do that, but we all know that Brady will still recognize (most of the time) where a soft spot in a defense will be.