If (as advertised) it's a fair fight, then Tuel is winning.

alias

Agree with you on that. On one hand it is riskier to knock out Kolb and give more reps to tuel. But on the other hand, it would be a bold move that I think will be worth it.

But as far as the grading goes with the QBs, I still give the edge to EJ because he played the 1st and 2nd stringers compared to beating up on people who won't be in the bel next month. If we did switch them, and tuel did reps with the first team, EJ would destroy the 3rd and 4th stringers, which is a safe assumption. I just don't see the justification of tuel bring ahead of EJ. I can see Kolb in a way, but not EJ. Technically, Easily outplayed every receiver, if you go by that measuring stick , and he is lucky if he makes the team.

I did give him props and I didn't "knock" him down. You must have been looking at another post

yes sir it was a general post

oops!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Marrone was emphatic about letting the results determine who starts. Right now, if we knew nothing about draft position, veteran experience, and all that blah-blah, then Tuel is ahead in this fight.

If the argument against Tuel is, "But he's playing against third stringers," then let him start against the first stringers and let us see what we shall see...

"Fair" should be fair.

This is just plain stupid!

Yes,let the undrafted ree agent rookie start the season over the first round pick...be the laughing stock of the league.

Tuel should be thrilled he's about to pick up an NFL paycheck and he'll be a play or two away from having a real shot at playing in the league.

Is this similar to your bandwagoning for Tebow, Skelton, and Landry Jones? I have to know. :lol:

I'm not sure I'd want Buffalo Barbarian scouting QBs. In his defense, he was against EJ. Manuel could be 29-30 and he will focus on the incompletion. Apparently there are a bunch of people on this board like that. There are people advocating starting an undrafted rookie over a 1st rounder after 1 preseason game. It's just a ridiculous overreaction that only Bills fans are capable of.

We all know of the good old boy club over there

I'm not saying that there are no lunatics here .... I'm saying that they don't RUN the assylum.

Difference being, idiotic posts and/or trolls are quickly beaten into submission in the dark side. Not so much for the OP in this one. Idiotic premise that only points to trolling which caught a lot of fish it seems.

Edited by GG

Difference being, idiotic posts and/or trolls are quickly beaten into submission in the dark side. Not so much for the OP in this one. Idiotic premise that only points to trolling which caught a lot of fish it seems.

Maybe the OP was trolling but there are people on this board that legitimately believe that!! I listened to the post game on WGR the other day and the 1st 2 callers were not impressed at all with Manuel and thought Tuel should be given a shot. I thought the host's head was going to explode. I have lived in a few different NFL markets (some with great and knowledgable fans) and they would all have been ecstatic with Manuel's performance. He wasn't perfect but showed the flashes that we all hoped for.

We have become so jaded and negative after the last 15-20 years that a segment of the fan base will just hate everyone. Honestly, if you couldn't get at least a little excited about the prospects of the young guys on this team then maybe you should find something else to occupy your time. You will never be satisfied and never find any joy in the Buffalo Bills.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I have decided to make something clear about my view after reading so much of this thread, it doesn't make anyone a troll because they liked what they saw in one player over another, in fact that's just childish to call someone that. I saw an excellent performance in one player, and a shaky one in another. I think Manuel has all the potential in the world to be a great player, and after what I saw in Tuel, I think he also has the potential to be great as well. I am not going into anything blindly about who I think would be the better QB based upon draft position, nor will I even say ione guy will fail, and the other be great after one pre-season game. It's a bunch of crap to blindly think either, or to bash anyone who wants to see the QB race to be fair and open. At this point neither guy is a sure bet, nothing in this league is.

Manuel is not a sure thing to be great, nor is it a sure thing he will fail.

Tuel is not guaranteed to continue to have solid games, nor is it carved in stone that because he went undrafted that he HAS to be a backup.

To bash anyone who wants to see this be a fair fight is plain stupid, I think to ask any Bills fan to believe any hype after the last decade about any player is foolish.

I am excited about every new player on this team, they all look explosive, and as I said before, I'd like to see both young QBs get the chance to compete for the starting job, if Manuel is a superior player, let him earn it against the competition, why is that such a horrible thing to do?

I have decided to make something clear about my view after reading so much of this thread, it doesn't make anyone a troll because they liked what they saw in one player over another, in fact that's just childish to call someone that. I saw an excellent performance in one player, and a shaky one in another. I think Manuel has all the potential in the world to be a great player, and after what I saw in Tuel, I think he also has the potential to be great as well. I am not going into anything blindly about who I think would be the better QB based upon draft position, nor will I even say ione guy will fail, and the other be great after one pre-season game. It's a bunch of crap to blindly think either, or to bash anyone who wants to see the QB race to be fair and open. At this point neither guy is a sure bet, nothing in this league is.

Tuel is not guaranteed to continue to have solid games, nor is it carved in stone that because he went undrafted that he HAS to be a backup.

To bash anyone who wants to see this be a fair fight is plain stupid, I think to ask any Bills fan to believe any hype after the last decade about any player is foolish.

I am excited about every new player on this team, they all look explosive, and as I said before, I'd like to see both young QBs get the chance to compete for the starting job, if Manuel is a superior player, let him earn it against the competition, why is that such a horrible thing to do?

So, throw in Tuel against the first stringers next week. I guarantee you the results would not reveal him to be the better QB. The coaches who have seen him in the film room and in practice after having months to evaluate all of the draft eligible QBs probably know this too, and hence have probably decided it would be a waste of time better spent on developing the guy actually competing for the starting position.

You only have so many reps and they are valuable. You do not throw them to guys who do not have a chance.

We should be pleased that Tuel is showing enough so far to make this roster, and let this play out.

Based on the totality of OTAs, Training Camp, and the 1st Pre-season game, Tuel is not winning according to every single report that I have heard or seen.

Let it go!

Exactly. I think he's definitely going to make a great 3rd stringer.

What are you, some kind of clown? .. oh wait, ... nevermind.

See, over here you can call the post idiotic, and the premise idiotic, but you can't call the OP an idiot.

Well then, let's not forget about Legursky! He dominated in the second half. What did Colin Brown do in the 1st half against the 1s and 2s that Legursky couldn't do better?

And for that matter why haven't they been giving Byrd reps with the 1s? It just doesn't make sense! :nana: