Jeff Tuel ... was a steal!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief why does everyone think the world will come to an end if we cut corn kolb. Oh no two rookies going in.. Who cares.? Why take reps and an extra talented wide receiver away from them(who the patriots will sign) , for what.. Kevin kolb? I see why they signed him ,but with what the rookies have shown, its what ya call a good problem to have.

I agree. This team isn't expected to make the playoffs, and it ain't happening if Kolb plays anyway.

Not sold on Tuel Time. Saw him play college ball for years. When he wasn't choking, he was stinking. He performed surprisingly well against 2nd/3rd string teams, and it's awesome he can get onto the field without hurting himself. But unless EJIII is the next coming of Russell Wilson, I'm not looking to Tuel Time for any big wins this year.

I hope I'm wrong.

I agree with you blzrul in that I hope you are wrong as well. Tuel seemed poised and had command of his situation. On average in this game he played against higher caliber competition than he did in college. It is not out of the question that new coaching which might understand his strengths played a possible part in his progression. Players who have been average in college for whatever reason have been known to progress to a new found level with the right coaching.

Don't get down on your Tuel so soon. A proper Tuel in the hands of a skilled craftsman can provide surprising results. It is yet to be known what quality the coaches are but so far so good.

I agree with you blzrul in that I hope you are wrong as well. Tuel seemed poised and had command of his situation. On average in this game he played against higher caliber competition than he did in college. It is not out of the question that new coaching which might understand his strengths played a possible part in his progression. Players who have been average in college for whatever reason have been known to progress to a new found level with the right coaching.

Don't get down on your Tuel so soon. A proper Tuel in the hands of a skilled craftsman can provide surprising results. It is yet to be known what quality the coaches are but so far so good.

Agreed. This is a player with nice potential. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the reps against the Vikings this week. Kolb's probably wishing he signed with the Jets right about now. He could take that job.

Oh yes, he'll only become one of the better QBs of all time, not one of the greatest and most gifted.

The excitement might be over the top, but the kid has talent and he played well. We've waited a long tme for a single QB capable of playing at a high level and now we MAY have two.

Gotta smile.

Just to give you an idea of how crazy Tuel-mania (or this Tuelishness?) has become:

About 3 weeks ago, I purchased an autographed Jeff Tuel Upper Deck rookie card....for a whopping 4.99 + 2.50 for shipping...total: $7.49 I was the only bidder.

Today, on EBAY, the same card (or ones just like it) have bids going up to $43.00 (22 bids) and rising! Another for $41.00 (7 bids)

Both have 3 or 4 days left to bid...crazy! So, if this is a joke, not everyone, it appears, is in on it!

Just to give you an idea of how crazy Tuel-mania (or this Tuelishness?) has become:

About 3 weeks ago, I purchased an autographed Jeff Tuel Upper Deck rookie card....for a whopping 4.99 + 2.50 for shipping...total: $7.49 I was the only bidder.

Today, on EBAY, the same card (or ones just like it) have bids going up to $43.00 (22 bids) and rising! Another for $41.00 (7 bids)

Both have 3 or 4 days left to bid...crazy! So, if this is a joke, not everyone, it appears, is in on it!

Tuelishness. Nice.

Wow...this is crazy...it is up to $102!

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

Um...even if this guy turns into the next Joe Montana or Tom Brady, that card is not going to be worth a $102.00 a month from now, let alone 5 years from now!

Edited by Buftex

Wow...this is crazy...it is up to $102!

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

Um...even if this guy turns into the next Joe Montana or Tom Brady, that card is not going to be worth a $102.00 a month from now, let alone 5 years from now!

I wonder if it'll go higher now.

Looks like we may find out just how valuable Tuel is. Not the way I wanted it to happen though.