Does anybody else think that Kolb could be a surprise cut

bufffan031

I suppose you could take a chance, if EJ is going to be the starter, sit Kolb down, tell him EJ is the starter, you're making too much to be the backup. You got your signing bonus, now we want to renego your contract. Or tell him, we're cutting you, but will bring you back again with a reduced contract. The Bill''s are taking a chance someone else may sign him, but they may be willing to take risk. I think the Bill's would like him around, but maybe at less money if he's the backup.

Kolb's contract does not have to re-done if he is the backup.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised this thread still has legs. Kolb isn't going anywhere this year. It's not like the Bills have 4 QBs in camp and one has to go. Any QB they bring in will be starting from scratch and there's no way in hell they go into the season with only 2 rookie QBs and no safety net. I don't even know why there's speculation about Kolb being cut other than every time a poster doesn't like a player they start a thread about that player being axed.

I'll tell you right now Brad Smith makes the roster as well.

The idea situation would be E.J. as the starter, Kolb the Vet backup. Tuel on the P.S. squad.

But if Tuel continues to play well with his reps he gets in the preseason games he might not clear waivers...somebody will pick him up for sure.

The Redskins went with 2 rookie QB's last year. It worked out well for them.

Interesting indeed, want to see if Tuel can play like he did in Indy against better comp.

Herm Edwards thinks EJ is ready for the starting job.

"All indications tell me right now - the way he played in that first preseason game - he should be the starter."

Herm was effusive in his praise of EJ.

http://espn.go.com/v...=espnapi_public

Does that make Kolb - and his NFL experience - expendable?

Edited by hondo in seattle

Herm Edwards thinks EJ is ready for the starting job.

"All indications tell me right now - the way he played in that first preseason game - he should be the starter."

Herm was effusive in his praise of EJ.

http://espn.go.com/v...=espnapi_public

Does that make Kolb - and his NFL experience - expendable?

wonder what John Gruden thinks ? lol

But Herm is right... lets play the kid, he learns quickly it seems and the only way to find out in this league is to play.

I'm surprised this thread still has legs. Kolb isn't going anywhere this year. It's not like the Bills have 4 QBs in camp and one has to go. Any QB they bring in will be starting from scratch and there's no way in hell they go into the season with only 2 rookie QBs and no safety net. I don't even know why there's speculation about Kolb being cut other than every time a poster doesn't like a player they start a thread about that player being axed.

I'll tell you right now Brad Smith makes the roster as well.

Me also, as It does seem like crazy talk to me to go into an NFL season with 2 QB's that haven't even played a full game against a 1st string NFL defense. I'm thinking both EJ and Tuel have only seen a portion of the offense and against mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers. I'm still awaiting to see some mid to deep pass plays with TJ & Marquise. The longest pass play so far has been for 29 yards to Easley / Kaufman.

Wow, everyone coming out bold now. There were many here irrationally ready to cut him without much more reasoning then "he sucks."

My theory was that if he was cut it was to increase the play of young guys. Kolb doesn't suck, he is just average based on past merits.

Wow, everyone coming out bold now. There were many here irrationally ready to cut him without much more reasoning then "he sucks."

My theory was that if he was cut it was to increase the play of young guys. Kolb doesn't suck, he is just average based on past merits.

Average? :lol:

He is not even average by Bills standards for the last 13 years. I mean, Fitz was maybe the 25th-27th best QB in the NFL last year and he is miles ahead of Kolb. Kolb has no merits.......he's done nothing. The guy hasn't even registered 10 TD passes in a season in his career and he has merits?

Foolish preseason fans think that having a veteran backup is some sort of guarantee that the QB will keep the team in games. Kolb is guaranteed alright, a guaranteed POS. :thumbsup:

He is not even average by Bills standards for the last 13 years. I mean, Fitz was maybe the 25th-27th best QB in the NFL last year and he is miles ahead of Kolb. Kolb has no merits.......he's done nothing. The guy hasn't even registered 10 TD passes in a season in his career and he has merits?

Foolish preseason fans think that having a veteran backup is some sort of guarantee that the QB will keep the team in games. Kolb is guaranteed alright, a guaranteed POS. :thumbsup:

Yup. Go ahead, Mr Marrone. Just keep on hating. Just keep hating Kolb. You sound like you have a tremendous amount of knowledge. Just keep on hating Bro. Boo as loud as you can. And then Boo again when your potential bust of a #1 round draft pick stinks up the place. EJ is made of glass and you know it. He gets hurt in a pre-season game? Must be he sucks, just like Kolb ey, Einstein ? Using your convoluted short bus logic.

You are the first and definately not the last I'll be putting on the ignore list.

So clueless on so many levels and a great fan of some team...not sure which team but it sure as hell aint Buffalo.

Have mommy make you a glass of chocolate milk and STFU. You have nothing whatsoever intelligent to add to the situation.

This site is a joke. Well, no. The fans of Buffalo are a joke. Pretty sure I'm done here. Good God. What a bunch of idiots.

I think we should still cut him b.c his curse is spreading to EJ. ;)

That right there is heady stuff. Brilliant. Simply brilliant. Must be EJ sucks ey meathead? Yea, he got hurt. Just like Kolb. You've said ad nauseum that Kolb sucks because he got hurt. Obviously EJ sucks too since he got hurt. Yea, I think I have this whole thing figured out.

Bills fans, the smartest football fans on the planet. Yupper !!

Loser.

Yup. Go ahead, Mr Marrone. Just keep on hating. Just keep hating Kolb. You sound like you have a tremendous amount of knowledge. Just keep on hating Bro. Boo as loud as you can. And then Boo again when your potential bust of a #1 round draft pick stinks up the place. EJ is made of glass and you know it. He gets hurt in a pre-season game? Must be he sucks, just like Kolb ey, Einstein ? Using your convoluted short bus logic.

You are the first and definately not the last I'll be putting on the ignore list.

So clueless on so many levels and a great fan of some team...not sure which team but it sure as hell aint Buffalo.

Have mommy make you a glass of chocolate milk and STFU. You have nothing whatsoever intelligent to add to the situation.

This site is a joke. Well, no. The fans of Buffalo are a joke. Pretty sure I'm done here. Good God. What a bunch of idiots.

That right there is heady stuff. Brilliant. Simply brilliant. Must be EJ sucks ey meathead? Yea, he got hurt. Just like Kolb. You've said ad nauseum that Kolb sucks because he got hurt. Obviously EJ sucks too since he got hurt. Yea, I think I have this whole thing figured out.

Bills fans, the smartest football fans on the planet. Yupper !!

Loser.

Well thought out post. Thanks for adding to the discussion.

Kobb essentially is Kelly Holcomb all over again. Maybe the Bills should put out a feeler to see what Holcomb's up to these days. We know Kobb is but a sneeze away from a ribcage injury.