Old Skewl Credit Card Question

The Big Cat

2nd thought I agree with Illinois. May 2012 I wrote a check to my wife's little cousin for her communion. It was not for a ton of money, $100. She never cashed it to this day & I did not say anything. Never even told my wife(she would of definately made me call them). Of course I can't stand most of her family so that probably played a small part in it too.

It may have got lost in the card or envelope... Did she send you a thank you? My nephew within a week sent a thank you saying what a generous gift it was... I knew he got it. Big Cat knew the store got his transaction. No need to get narotic, wait till it clears. Now, in your case... I may say something to see if they even noticed the check/gift.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a strange one going with my card right now. I made a decent sized donation to a charity (Michael J Fox Foundation) and I used my card for the payment. They haven't actually put a charge on my card yet though even after sending a thank you note for the donation. I'm going to correct it at some point, but part of me still wonders if they're waiting for a certain time to actually make the charge. At this point, I guess I'll just wait until my current bill closes and then contact them.

I've got a strange one going with my card right now. I made a decent sized donation to a charity (Michael J Fox Foundation) and I used my card for the payment. They haven't actually put a charge on my card yet though even after sending a thank you note for the donation. I'm going to correct it at some point, but part of me still wonders if they're waiting for a certain time to actually make the charge. At this point, I guess I'll just wait until my current bill closes and then contact them.

Call the foundation and ask what their accounting process with regard to this.

i'm thinking michael j himself handled your donation and his shaking was so bad he hit the wrong button.....

....yeah i went there!!!! :devil:

Report your credit card stolen. That way it never gets charged!!!

Oh wait, you wanna help. Then do what Jim Chef said.

The funny part is that Im probably the most by the book person in the world. Really.

• 4 weeks later...

Studies show that you tend to spend 12% more per month if you use a card vs cash.

Studies did not include me hence not applicable just like studies involving American Idol and Survivor. Studies show that STUDIED tend to spend 12% more per month if you use a card vs cash IF it was done properly.

yes, this. I go back into stores and pay when I realize they missed charging me for something, and for a small business like the one you purchased from , $500 is a lot amount of money.

It's a subsidiary chain. Parent company did $34 Billion revenue in FY 2013.

By comparison, Wegmans and their 83 stores and 44,000+ employees is a "small business."

For the 50th time. Let me get this straight. I write a check to somebody and they stick it on their dresser and do NOT cash it. I am supposed to call them and remind them? Huh?

Bank of America sends me a check for the money I overpaid on my escrow account. The check says cash within 180 days or whatever... I do not cash it and 160 days pass... BoA should give me a friendly reminder call to cash it? Huh. Dollars to donuts they are wishing and hoping I never cash that check and they are estatic if it doesn't beat their expiration date! Same w/other businesses, etc.. etc...

IMO, Big Cat closed his end of the transaction... Now it is up to the store to decide if they want his money... Obviously it looks like they don't want his money. Iwould still give it time... Only been a couple of months. I am not sure when the transaction expires... Probably around 6 months to a year. Just account for the amount.

Big Cat is doing nothing wrong. What do you expect him to do? It is their obligation to cash the transaction in. Who knows? Maybe the cashier ripped it up?... How the heck are they ever gonna square this away if he calls?

It is a God darn business transaction... What is Big Cat supposed to carry it womb to the tomb? One party is not being timely with finishing/finalizing the transaction, it isn't Big Cat's responsibility to finalize it. Just account for the transaction and when it expires, it expires, move on and don't let the righteous tell you otherwise. It is a business transaction... You can't will somebody to be timely.

LoL... I will hold on to a rebate check and not cash it... I will wait for the bank or company to call me and tell me the expiration date is approaching... LoL

Edited by ExiledInIllinois