Tank it for clowney?

major

I hope people are kidding that think the Colts actually tanked to get Andrew Luck. So Jim Caldwell intentionally lost his job? Doubtful guys. Im gonna say it had something to do with their 40 year old retired QB who came off the couch to play with a talentless team. Then he was replaced by a man by the name of Curtis Painter who couldnt even win in college let alone the NFL. There are a lot of reasons that team went 2-14, but losing games intentionally was not one of them.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope people are kidding that think the Colts actually tanked to get Andrew Luck. So Jim Caldwell intentionally lost his job? Doubtful guys. Im gonna say it had something to do with their 40 year old retired QB who came off the couch to play with a talentless team. Then he was replaced by a man by the name of Curtis Painter who couldnt even win in college let alone the NFL. There are a lot of reasons that team went 2-14, but losing games intentionally was not one of them.

Try reading what you just wrote. They had a 40yr old QB & Curtis Painter when it was apparent well in advance that Peyton's status would be questionable.

You're equating tanking with a movie script. No, the coach probably wasn't trying to lose. So what.

How could the Colts possibly tank when they were built by the greatest GM in history? Are you saying the great Bill Polian built a one person team?

This whole idea is stupid on so many levels. No one is tanking in the NFL because there are jobs on the line. Plus if you go half speed in football, you're gonna get injured. I do think the NFL should go to a lottery system. You shouldn't be reward for being terrible.

How could the Colts possibly tank when they were built by the greatest GM in history? Are you saying the great Bill Polian built a one person team?

This whole idea is stupid on so many levels. No one is tanking in the NFL because there are jobs on the line. Plus if you go half speed in football, you're gonna get injured. I do think the NFL should go to a lottery system. You shouldn't be reward for being terrible.

They absolutely did tank the season on purpose there can be no doubt. They saw the franchise QB in the next draft and went for the replacement of Peyton. Worked, too, last year they were what, 12-4? However, the next Bruce Smith does not equal the next franchise qb locked and loaded. So let us not tank the season.

You don't have to tank anything, just start EJ from day one. That way the Bills are guaranteed the first pick overall (JC) and they quickly realize how bad EJ will be.

wow, not very nice. you don't think some sort of empirical evidence would be appropriate before stating arbitrarily how bad EJ is?

Although, I have to admit, it would br depressing if Geno was great and EJ sucked (and that would be Bills kind of luck). I think we can wait at least a little while before beign so arbitrarily pessimistic.

Edited by zazie

It is August 8th. And there are threads about tanking already? Can we at least have some hope going INTO the season before it begins?

I am sick of this tanking crap. This team has talent to be successful this year. Not Super Bowl, but 9 wins.

No more excuses.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/15/jadeveon-clowney-viewed-as-a-once-in-a-decade-nfl-prospect/

Clowney is the best defensive prospect to come out of college football in at least the last 10 years, according to a survey of NFL personnel people conducted by Daniel Jeremiah of NFL.com. Jeremiah asked five executives, each with more than 10 years of experience, if Clowney is the best defensive draft prospect in the last 10 years, and all five said he was. The only differences of opinion were about how big the margin between Clowney and everyone else is, and who was the second-best prospect of the last 10 years.

One executive said Clowney is the best “hands down,” while another said Clowney is an easy choice with only Ndamukong Suh, drafted by the Lions with the No. 2 overall pick in 2010, even close. One executive said he’d give Clowney a “slight edge” over Mario Williams, drafted by the Texans first overall in 2006, one said Clowney is first in a group of top defensive prospects that also includes Suh, Williams, Darrelle Revis and Von Miller, and one said that while Clowney is not “perfect,” he’s probably the best in the last decade.

its a clowney article so im putting it here, but i think the mario comments should be atleast a little perspective on how talented our guy is.

http://profootballta...e-nfl-prospect/

its a clowney article so im putting it here, but i think the mario comments should be atleast a little perspective on how talented our guy is.

Yup; the Bills already have the equivalent. Human nature is amazing....that shiny new DE, or house, or car, or woman, always looks so perfect from afar and then becomes so easy to critique once you have them.

Bumping this thread even for the clowney article isn't going to go well since everyone will just read the OP statement. ^ already happening.

Thanks for the article though.

Yea it wasnt new thread worthy for me and this one atleast discusses clowney as a prospect so I figured its as good as any. Would be derailed by page end anyway even if given a clean slate