Fantasy Draft tomorrow - want CJ but afraid to jinx him!

YoloinOhio

Um, I am not sure what kind of draft it is (a free league on CBS Sports website)! I haven't played FF in over 10 years but decided to come out of retirement :) There are 12 teams in our league, I think we find out the order tomorrow. Anyway, our FF guru on the radio locally says Spiller is can't-miss and should be everyone's #1. Still afraid, as I would rather lose FF than affect his season. Yes, I am irrationally superstitious.

We changed up how our keeper league works last year and now we get to keep the player 2 rounds higher than he was drafted the year before. I picked up Spiller in the 10th last year which means I get to keep him instead of making a pick in the 8th round this year. Next year I'll get to keep him for a 6th round pick, and so on, and so on. Hopefully he produced like everybody expects.

As a rule I don't like to have Bills on my fantasy football team. It just makes it a double kick in the balls when they have a terrible game. Having said that CJ is sorely testing this strategy this season. I think he is going to have a good year.

I'm eying Spiller too. I pick 4th in a .5 PPR league. . . . Why is your draft so far ahead of the start of the season?

I thought it was early too... not sure?

As a rule I don't like to have Bills on my fantasy football team. It just makes it a double kick in the balls when they have a terrible game. Having said that CJ is sorely testing this strategy this season. I think he is going to have a good year.

I am the same way... too much pain all at once!

If you pick outside the top 5-7 picks, you more than likely won't have to worry about it.

Not sure, as he isn't ranked in the top 10 on CBS's board. However, I have to question their rankings a bit. Probable shooting myself in the foot, but I am going off of my own board.

I'm taking Spiller in the 1st in both my FF Drafts...Not necessarily because I think it's the best pick, but because I want him, and I don't want anyone else to get him... :devil:

I better Draft well after that... :(

Spiller has been a first round pick in every mock I have done so far. And the experts mocks also have him going in the first.

Yeah, odd that OP is having his (or hers) already.

There's reasons...Don't know the OP's situation, but we're having ours on Saturday, because that's the one time all 11 (one's a husband/wife team) of us can be available for a long period of time (and more importantly, the most of us can be in the same place eating & drinking & making silly, nerdy references for hours).

During a lunch earlier this off-season, I stupidly and successfully convinced my less-postive-than-me Bills fan friend who was downplaying the signif of CJ ("team shouldn't draft RBs", "dime-a-dozen"...that kind of thing) that he was a special player...now, he's drafting right before me...d'oh! In any case, we're 7-4 Bills fans, so doubt he was dropping to 6 in any case.

Frankly, CJ has so much upside, and there's so few sure thing RBs this season, he's a great pick at almost any position (and i bet he goes #1 in many drafts)

Spiller has been a first round pick in every mock I have done so far. And the experts mocks also have him going in the first.

I could see him as a late first depending on how many teams there are (not in order)

1 Peterson

2 Doug Martin

3 ray rice

4 Aaron Rodgers

5 Calvin Johnson

6 Arian foster

Then spiller in a mix of lesean McCoy Jamal Charles etc... If it is a free league though have at it!

Edit: (I'm kinda drunk right now so I know I'm leaving out people)

Edited by section122

I could see him as a late first depending on how many teams there are (not in order)

1 Peterson

2 Doug Martin

3 ray rice

4 Aaron Rodgers

5 Calvin Johnson

6 Arian foster

Then spiller in a mix of lesean McCoy Jamal Charles etc... If it is a free league though have at it!

Edit: (I'm kinda drunk right now so I know I'm leaving out people)

Oh yea sorry I should say I play 12 teams. Strategy changes way to much for me to know PPR, IDP, ect for 10,12,14. So I just stick to 12.

OK - I figured some things out... yes, it is a Snake Draft and I draft #7. On this site, it does now show CJ ranked #6 overall. So, I may have a chance at him just depending on how things shake out before me. It is a 1 QB, 2 RB league. It shows the 1st QB at #17 overall... Brees. I am considering Cam Newton as my QB. But going with an RB first.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.