So I hear there's some football on tonight

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 11 month old son just got up from a nap and my wife (who is from Dallas) points at the TV and say "is that you team?". The war has begun.

When your son is older and still a Cowboys fan and gets sick or gets hurt, tell him it was b.c he is a Cowboys fan ;)

If you were a Bills fan you wouldn't have scraped your knee.

Edited by BuffaloFood

Hehehe...now this is thoughtful analysis. I wonder if you are right?

I can't say. Primarily because I don't know enough about Ryan to say. I saw enough of Long to be quite pleased that he is gone.

In the end, it's only one early preseason game. But, the Dolphins can't be happy about what they've seen here today. They don't need to be depressed, but, they can't be happy. Lots of mistakes, sloppy play, and most importantly: Tannehill inaccuracy.

His first 4 practices were atrocious. Then, in their team scrimmage, he did well. But this looks more like the first 4 practices. If the reporting is to be believed.

He's the QB of the Atlanta Falcons.

Long left no mark on the Miami offense. No impact on their fortunes.

When your son is older and still a Cowboys fan and gets sick or gets hurt, tell him it was b.c he is a Cowboys fan ;)

If you were a Bills fan you wouldn't have scraped your knee.

Ha! I like that strategy. I just can't allow him to go over to that evil empire.

He's the QB of the Atlanta Falcons.

Yes, and every year they are supposed to win it all. Yet, every year there always seems to be some excuse.

I don't know enough to say whether that excuse has to do with Ryan, or not.

So, as I said: I don't know enough about Ryan to say

Long left no mark on the Miami offense. No impact on their fortunes.

I did see Long play, lots, and it was clear to me that, for what an LT means today(and not 6+ years ago), he more than held down his end.

But, I do see your point: I'd take really good QB with some potential to be great, over, excellent LT with a chance to go to HOF all day.

QB is simply that important, and LT, less so, especially since it is today, and not 6+ years ago.

What's so much worse about the new dolphins uniform? Dismissing the fact that I hate Miami I don't see why they are getting such negative reviews here. I'd take em over their old ones.

Now Jacksonville on the other hands has some terrible new uniforms

Yes, and every year they are supposed to win it all. Yet, every year there always seems to be some excuse.

I don't know enough to say whether that excuse has to do with Ryan, or not.

So, as I said: I don't know enough about Ryan to say

I did see Long play, lots, and it was clear to me that, for what an LT means today(and not 6+ years ago), he more than held down his end.

But, I do see your point: I'd take really good QB with some potential to be great, over, excellent LT with a chance to go to HOF all day.

QB is simply that important, and LT, less so, especially since it is today, and not 6+ years ago.

And clearly Jake Long is not on a Hall of Fame trajectory.

What's so much worse about the new dolphins uniform? Dismissing the fact that I hate Miami I don't see why they are getting such negative reviews here. I'd take em over their old ones.

Now Jacksonville on the other hands has some terrible new uniforms

I think the new logo sucks and the new color sucks.

That said, maybe it's just that they take getting used to.

But mostly it's the Dolphins so true Bills fans are not objective about their uniforms.

And clearly Jake Long is not on a Hall of Fame trajectory.

If that is the case, then that merely adds weight to WEO's point. It goes from highly likely to near certainty.

I can't say Long won't make it in. But, I suppose the fact that the Dolphins couldn't find a way to retain him/didn't start with "we have to keep him first, and then we'll see about whatever remains of the rest of the $98 mil", says that the draft pick was better spent on Ryan.

I mean, the guy isn't on your team anymore. Ryan is still on his. That alone may be all we need to say.

Which...again makes me question how the Dolphins "won" the offseason. Did the Bills "win the offseason" when we dropped all that cash on Langston Walker et al?

Given what I've seen tonight? Tannehill isn't great. He may be good. He's certainly not great-->makes the $98 mil, a lot of which was spent on WR/TE, better. He's not going to compound that value. It's value is whatever it ends up being. Tannehill also isn't great, in that he's going be clearly able to make the left side OL issues irrelevant. Frankly, I don't think Joe Montana could help that situation. If they don't make significant improvement at LT/LG, and nothing says they can't, it's only the HOF game, it will cost them. It reduce the value of the investment in WR/TE.

Matt Moore is better than a lot of starting QBs. Miami is lucky to have him.

Orton's pretty good for a backup too.

Wow. Moore really tried to make that tackle on the INT that was bobbled by the receiver.

I hope he didn't get hurt. That's some effort for a "meaningless" game.

maybe we should have kept Alex Taney

I know it's way too early, so save your snark, people. But Tannehill and the 'Phins offense looked a lot like Trent Edwards and the Bills in the HOF game back in 2009. Just an observation.

My apologies to Buffalo Barbarian.

GO BILLS!!!