So sick and tired of (most) local Buffalo media guys...

eball

...nothing but axes to grind. I now focus on reading/listening to Joe Buscaglia, Sal Capaccio, or Mark Gaughan if I want to find something insightful. I thought Wawrow was in that group as well, but the nonsense today after camp practice has him seemingly falling into the same trap that caught Sullivan, Graham, and Maiorana long ago.

I think this stems largely from the new Bills organization's reluctance to put everything out there like the previous regimes. There's more of an "us against the world" mentality in house at OBD, and the media guys don't like it. They're pissed that John Murphy and Chris Brown get the player interviews first. Unfortunately, instead of focusing on what's actually going on with the team, they're manufacturing controversy and snarking their way around the newspaper and Twittersphere.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...nothing but axes to grind. I now focus on reading/listening to Joe Buscaglia, Sal Capaccio, or Mark Gaughan if I want to find something insightful. I thought Wawrow was in that group as well, but the nonsense today after camp practice has him seemingly falling into the same trap that caught Sullivan, Graham, and Maiorana long ago.

I think this stems largely from the new Bills organization's reluctance to put everything out there like the previous regimes. There's more of an "us against the world" mentality in house at OBD, and the media guys don't like it. They're pissed that John Murphy and Chris Brown get the player interviews first. Unfortunately, instead of focusing on what's actually going on with the team, they're manufacturing controversy and snarking their way around the newspaper and Twittersphere.

Agreed.

Most (not all) are a bunch of whores it seems...it's a competition to see who can get the scoop or break the next story to create controversy in an otherwise slow NFL news day. Rather than provide any insight into "football" competitions within the team, who is fighting for a job, etc., they insist on creating controversy when the coach has quite a few other things to deal with. Marrone will give an update when he hears what the diagnosis is.

Take a look at this article: Buffalo Bills Practice Report

From it I learned:

Hariston is still on the PUP list but rehabbing with the team on the sidelines

Keith Pough left practice with an injury but walked off on his own power

Kyle Williams and Chandler were held out of full-team work

Manuel connected on a bomb to Da'Rick Rogers (would love to know more about Rogers and the reps he's getting)

There were fights at practice today including our rookie WR Woods

Colin Brown seems to be leading contender for the LG position at this time (would love to know more though)

Troupe struggled and was flagged twice

Kicking competition heating up (would love to know Marrone's thoughts on carrying 2 kickers. God I hope not)

Fred Jackson looked strong showing no signs of last years injury

Kolb had a bad day but played against the 1st team defense

I learned all that in a nice concise article written by a Patriots reporter.

Meanwhile, the local gang is holed up in the bushes outside Mario Williams' house.

Unfortunately, instead of focusing on what's actually going on with the team, they're manufacturing controversy and snarking their way around the newspaper and Twittersphere.

Spot on. Its not just the Buffalo media either. Its a big reason why I'm a frequent visitor of this board. I prefer the fans take on our team. Even though I dont always agree with all of it, its their honest assessment without any axe to grind and not an attempt at raising unneeded controversy. I applaud coach Marrone in his handling of the recent interview too. He tactfully told the guy to kind of shuddupp !!! LOL !

From it I learned:

Manuel connected on a bomb to Da'Rick Rogers (would love to know more about Rogers and the reps he's getting)

Colin Brown seems to be leading contender for the LG position at this time (would love to know more though)

Kicking competition heating up (would love to know Marrone's thoughts on carrying 2 kickers. God I hope not)

Meanwhile, the local gang is holed up in the bushes outside Mario Williams' house.

An actual report on training camp. Gee, what a concept.

Yes, for the past few days this guy has been giving good, accurate & relevant info on the Bills camp.

From it I learned:

Funny that ProFootballTalk and now Ian rapoport get the scoop on Mario after today's crap our local dummies pulled.

@ProFootballTalk: Mario Williams gets second opinion on foot, per league source. Not believed to be serious but doctor advised him to rest it.

Funny that ProFootballTalk and now Ian rapoport get the scoop on Mario after today's crap our local dummies pulled.

@ProFootballTalk: Mario Williams gets second opinion on foot, per league source. Not believed to be serious but doctor advised him to rest it.

Haha suck on that Tim Graham you trolling hack.

Some reporters actually want to work for their stories...the Buffalo guys want it handed to them. Pathetic.

From it I learned:

Do you mean like this??? http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/07/day-3-run-game-emphasized-in-bills-first-practice-with-pads.html

Seems like a damned complete report to me. Perhaps a quick look at the news website before bitching about what's not there would be in order.

Do you mean like this??? http://blogs.buffalo...-with-pads.html

Seems like a damned complete report to me. Perhaps a quick look at the news website before bitching about what's not there would be in order.

Wasn't there when I read the first article. Perhaps learning how to read the time on a blog before bitching about what's there would be in order.

Is there anything here that was not or could not be expressed in the "Marrone Grows Irritated" thread?

I'm no supporter of "Sports reporters", but come on with the redundant threads regarding the poor Bills head coach facing the savage local press.

It was sad to see Graham putting the word "drama" to this situation on the Buffalo news video of last night. Unfortunately, nowadays, everything has to have a shock effect, everything must be scrutinized non-stop to hit readers or viewers.

Wasn't there when I read the first article. Perhaps learning how to read the time on a blog before bitching about what's there would be in order.

The training camp blog on the News site was posted at 2:22pm, your post 4:37pm. It seems it was there when you posted yours.

Edited by theesir

Is there anything here that was not or could not be expressed in the "Marrone Grows Irritated" thread?

I'm no supporter of "Sports reporters", but come on with the redundant threads regarding the poor Bills head coach facing the savage local press.

Seriously? If anything, the Marrone "issue" today is a subset of this topic, not the other way around.

Seriously? If anything, the Marrone "issue" today is a subset of this topic, not the other way around.

Oh, so you were going to start a thread about your displeasure with the local media anyway, and the Marrone issue is just a fortuitous and timely example that demonstrates your point.

Ok, carry on.

Buffalo sports media has devolved completely. It is god-awful. Especially harrington and gleason. Sullivan is bad too. Tim graham suddenly joined the dummy brigade too. He used to be better than that. Schopp and the bulldog fail to cover the teams anymore either. They just look for the best "story" and take idiot caller after idiot caller.

Buscaglia is excellent... its going to sting when we lose him to a national outlet or network