Belicheat

Hplarrm

There obviously is no comparison between the issue of taking someone's life (as Hernandez is accused of in a court where the rule is simply one of a person being innocent until proven guilty though in the different court of public opinion where he seems to be judged as at least criminally stupid and almost certainly criminally guilty). I expect some idiots will blow right past this statement and simply launch into claims of a false comparison that I am not making. Yet, one comment that leaped out of Belichick showing greater (and likely real) humanity he normally does not show, was when he talked about the high level of propriety that his NE team has tried to show. Are you serious. While Hernandez is a possible (probable) murderer for reasons which likely do not strike me as caused or based in Belichick's own "do whatever it takes" attitude . Yet, I think that Belichick has simply diminished the game of Pro football with some of his actions and attitudes which were put in stark relief by the cheating Belichick was given (and paid and did not challenge) and he was fined an unprecedented amount for. Belicheat is one of the best game day HCs ever. However, the filming cheating scandal, his backing out of an HC offer he had publicly agreed to, his hamhanded "negotiating" with his player Lawyer Milloy which led to him leaving the ream just before the first game of the season against the Bills and likely leading to an embarrassing loss are simply examples that Belicheat deserves not only great respect for his talents but also deserves great disrespect for his general attitude and many of his questionable actions. While I doubt Belicheat will get the same cold shoulder from the Hall of Fames that MLB miscreants like McGwire have gotten, for the good of the game I hope it is a significant delay from his first ballot appearance before (or if ever) he gets inducted into the HoF. I for one think Mr. Ralph deserved his dissing for the manner he ignored fundamental league ethics in dealing with the salary cap and I think Bellicheat deserves a dissing as well. My apologies also as for some reason the paragraph function does not seem to work in this Twitter world.

I get all the cheating stuff, but how does drafting Aaron Hernandez in any way negatively reflect on BB? A lot of teams take risks on players with character concerns, but how was BB to know that Hernandez would engage in such (alleged) criminal activity? I agree, BTW, with your sentiment on BB as it relates to his induction in the HOF, but what does Hernandez have to do with this issue?

It does not in terms od cause and effect. Yet BB in his speech made a comment which I found weird and untrue about how the Pats were always a team of integrity and high moral standards (my periphrase) I simply think this untrue and was stuck in by Belicheat perhaps it was an example of him protesting too much as though I do not think there is a cause/effect relationship between Belicheat's low class personality and Hernandez's actions perhaps BB wonders about this.

My reactions to the press conference today were this:

-People will praise Belichick for ANYTHING. All I heard before I watched it was how he showed real emotion for once and how this was a BB we'd never seen. HOW!? He still slouched to one side and used the same monotone voice he ALWAYS uses. Maybe he spoke a LITTLE louder, but just because he actually articulated (from a prepared statement that likely wasn't written by him) we think that he's showing emotion. He showed little emotion.

-I'm sick of the Patriots acting like victims. Quite frankly, there's one victim (well now it sounds like there are MULTIPLE victims but the courts will figure that out). The Patriots aren't victims. They made a major mistake. Own up to it. Stop saying that you were duped.

The BIGGEST annoyance I got from this was when Belichick said that this situation involved "a player that just happened to be a Patriot." What this implies, to me, is that he's saying it could've been any player on any team so the Patriots can't be held accountable in any way. Guess what Billy? It WAS a player on YOUR team. A player your team featured heavily in its offense and that paid him MILLIONS in a giant contract.

Don't give me this crap about "how were they supposed to know?" Nobody really knows they're drafting a murderer, I'll give them that. But there's 32 other teams passed on this guy TWICE (some more than twice). He's got insane talent, but 31 teams were smart enough to realize that he wasn't worth drafting that high. There's a reason he wasn't a first rounder despite his talent... You made a mistake. Quit crying victim.

Edited by DStebb716

My reactions to the press conference today were this:

-People will praise Belichick for ANYTHING. All I heard before I watched it was how he showed real emotion for once and how this was a BB we'd never seen. HOW!? He still slouched to one side and used the same monotone voice he ALWAYS uses. Maybe he spoke a LITTLE louder, but just because he actually articulated (from a prepared statement that likely wasn't written by him) we think that he's showing emotion. He showed little emotion.

-I'm sick of the Patriots acting like victims. Quite frankly, there's one victim (well now it sounds like there are MULTIPLE victims but the courts will figure that out). The Patriots aren't victims. They made a major mistake. Own up to it. Stop saying that you were duped.

The BIGGEST annoyance I got from this was when Belichick said that this situation involved "a player that just happened to be a Patriot." What this implies, to me, is that he's saying it could've been any player on any team so the Patriots can't be held accountable in any way. Guess what Billy? It WAS a player on YOUR team. A player your team featured heavily in its offense and that paid him MILLIONS in a giant contract.

Don't give me this crap about "how were they supposed to know?" Nobody really knows they're drafting a murderer, I'll give them that. But there's 32 other teams passed on this guy TWICE (some more than twice). He's got insane talent, but 31 teams were smart enough to realize that he wasn't worth drafting that high. There's a reason he wasn't a first rounder despite his talent... You made a mistake. Quit crying victim.

I don't understand this hatred for BB or the Patriots with regards to the Hernandez situation. Teams make mistakes on Personnel. Were you happy with the Travis Henry situation knowing his background and yet the Bills went ahead and made him a 2nd round pick. Teams always think that they can turnaround the life of a player within their system. The Bills have done it and will do it (Please see Derrick Rodgers) and so will the Pats. The 31 teams skipping him doesn't hold water here...In fact even the Patriots passed on him three times before picking him. The Patriots in the past have been successful in changing players with a checkered past. May be Belichek thought he could do the same with Hernandez. However, BB cannot monitor and control 53 players through 9 months and another 80+ players in the remaining 4 months in the off season.

One has to actually be happy that BB and the Patriots took a decisive action of cutting ties with such a player right after the day of arrest.

It does not in terms od cause and effect. Yet BB in his speech made a comment which I found weird and untrue about how the Pats were always a team of integrity and high moral standards (my periphrase) I simply think this untrue and was stuck in by Belicheat perhaps it was an example of him protesting too much as though I do not think there is a cause/effect relationship between Belicheat's low class personality and Hernandez's actions perhaps BB wonders about this.

May be BB, the Patriots and the NFL have moved well past SpyGate and are not judged by that anymore. Spygate was roughly a decade ago. The Patriots have continued to excel even after Spygate. Let us not put Belichek and Hernandez in the same class of people.

I don't understand this hatred for BB or the Patriots with regards to the Hernandez situation. Teams make mistakes on Personnel. Were you happy with the Travis Henry situation knowing his background and yet the Bills went ahead and made him a 2nd round pick. Teams always think that they can turnaround the life of a player within their system. The Bills have done it and will do it (Please see Derrick Rodgers) and so will the Pats. The 31 teams skipping him doesn't hold water here...In fact even the Patriots passed on him three times before picking him. The Patriots in the past have been successful in changing players with a checkered past. May be Belichek thought he could do the same with Hernandez. However, BB cannot monitor and control 53 players through 9 months and another 80+ players in the remaining 4 months in the off season.

One has to actually be happy that BB and the Patriots took a decisive action of cutting ties with such a player right after the day of arrest.

May be BB, the Patriots and the NFL have moved well past SpyGate and are not judged by that anymore. Spygate was roughly a decade ago. The Patriots have continued to excel even after Spygate. Let us not put Belichek and Hernandez in the same class of people.

When Spygate came out, they were accused of more than simply Spygate. Go back and read the NYT article from May of that year that (anonymously) quoted multiple members of the NFL's Competition Committee saying that it was one team over and over again brought before them on a number of charges--the Pats*. My take is that you have an owner and HC who will do anything to win and who are much more willing to approach (and at times, cross) the line than any other franchise in the League....

It's pretty simple. The media love Belichick, and fans of teams the Pats* have pummeled for the last decade hate Belichick.

Do we really need to dig deeper? I couldn't care less what he said about the Hernandez situation, or the media's reaction to it. The Bills and Pats* will line up on September 8 at the Ralph and neither team will be thinking about the Hernandez issue.

Best gameday coach ever? "Ok defense, we arent very good but try to get a few stops cuz we have a HOF qb in his prime that scores a lot of points".

Weiss, crennel, belichick, mddaniel and mangini, all failed NFL head coaches without Brady on their team.

It's pretty simple. The media love Belichick, and fans of teams the Pats* have pummeled for the last decade hate Belichick.

Do we really need to dig deeper? I couldn't care less what he said about the Hernandez situation, or the media's reaction to it. The Bills and Pats* will line up on September 8 at the Ralph and neither team will be thinking about the Hernandez issue.

Well put... agreed.

The Bills signed Rogers as an UDFA. Very similar to a third round pick that got a giant contract extension.

For the record, I was VERY impressed with how quickly the Pats cut ties. I was actually mad that ESPN kept associating their logo with him after the Pats made the decision... I just think the comments they've made since then are ridiculous.

My disdain for them in this situation started with Kraft's comments about being duped and how unfair it was to them. Blah blah blah.

(He's not one for smart comments. He publicly said he was against a company because of his religious beliefs, but it just so happened to be the company that extended his wife's life).

Edited by DStebb716

On the downside, warren sapp says their window is still huge as Brady filling the role of "trigger man" means they are always in contention (and he could play into his mid 40s)

That nfl network spot had a lot of fail.

There obviously is no comparison between the issue of taking someone's life (as Hernandez is accused of in a court where the rule is simply one of a person being innocent until proven guilty though in the different court of public opinion where he seems to be judged as at least criminally stupid and almost certainly criminally guilty). I expect some idiots will blow right past this statement and simply launch into claims of a false comparison that I am not making. Yet, one comment that leaped out of Belichick showing greater (and likely real) humanity he normally does not show, was when he talked about the high level of propriety that his NE team has tried to show. Are you serious. While Hernandez is a possible (probable) murderer for reasons which likely do not strike me as caused or based in Belichick's own "do whatever it takes" attitude . Yet, I think that Belichick has simply diminished the game of Pro football with some of his actions and attitudes which were put in stark relief by the cheating Belichick was given (and paid and did not challenge) and he was fined an unprecedented amount for. Belicheat is one of the best game day HCs ever. However, the filming cheating scandal, his backing out of an HC offer he had publicly agreed to, his hamhanded "negotiating" with his player Lawyer Milloy which led to him leaving the ream just before the first game of the season against the Bills and likely leading to an embarrassing loss are simply examples that Belicheat deserves not only great respect for his talents but also deserves great disrespect for his general attitude and many of his questionable actions. While I doubt Belicheat will get the same cold shoulder from the Hall of Fames that MLB miscreants like McGwire have gotten, for the good of the game I hope it is a significant delay from his first ballot appearance before (or if ever) he gets inducted into the HoF. I for one think Mr. Ralph deserved his dissing for the manner he ignored fundamental league ethics in dealing with the salary cap and I think Bellicheat deserves a dissing as well. My apologies also as for some reason the paragraph function does not seem to work in this Twitter world.

The Hall of fame will take Belecheat on the first try because they want that whole cheating scandal to be gone and forgotten. They basically covered it up. They did what they had to with the fines and the taking of draft picks but in essence they swept it under the rug by mimimizing the impact of the cheating. They burned the tapes. How many superbowls has this cheater won since he was caught? Even people on this board minimize the cheating. They claim that "they all do it". Do They all do it? I didn't see anyone else scarfing over a number one draft pick. By the way it was very convenient that they has 2 number one picks that year. Made it easy on the league and the Patriots. I don't know what can hurt the integrity of the game more than cheating. In my opinion, he should have been tossed out of the league

On the downside, warren sapp says their window is still huge as Brady filling the role of "trigger man" means they are always in contention (and he could play into his mid 40s)

That nfl network spot had a lot of fail.

I don't see that as a "fail." It's true as far as the contention thing. But Brady's most recent deal makes me think he'll be gone relatively soon. Seems like a guy who is happy with his life and willing to walk away before he declines.

Best gameday coach ever? "Ok defense, we arent very good but try to get a few stops cuz we have a HOF qb in his prime that scores a lot of points".

Weiss, crennel, belichick, mddaniel and mangini, all failed NFL head coaches without Brady on their team.

Ridiculous and narrow comment.

The same can be said for any coach if you remove a great player. Parcells without LT, not to mention Belichick pops to mind.

Belichick has 5 rings that he was a major part of.

Was Walsh nothing without the greatest WR ever?

When there was no Brady, they made ito the playoffs with someone worse than Fitz.

Not liking Belichick is one thing. Not acknowledging his singular greatness as a coach is another.

Edited by Kemp

I don't see that as a "fail." It's true as far as the contention thing. But Brady's most recent deal makes me think he'll be gone relatively soon. Seems like a guy who is happy with his life and willing to walk away before he declines.

saying they shouldnt be rocked by the hernandez scandal because they still have their TRIGGER MAN, and following that up with brady having 10 years left is fail.

im not saying he is falling apart this year, or next, or even the one after but im confident that by the time hes 46 there will be some issues

Ridiculous and narrow comment.

The same can be said for any coach if you remove a great player. Parcells without LT, not to mention Belichick pops to mind.

Belichick has 5 rings that he was a major part of.

Was Walsh nothing without the greatest WR ever?

When there was no Brady, they made ito the playoffs with someone worse than Fitz.

Not liking Belichick is one thing. Not acknowledging his singular greatness as a coach is another.

On the counter argument, Parcells won 2 Super Bowls with two above average QBs (Simms and Hostetler).

Joe Gibbs won 3 Super Bowls with 3 above average QBs (Theisman, Williams, Rypien).

I don't consider Belichick to be a better coach than Parcells or Gibbs.

Others may disagree.