Belicheat

Hplarrm

May be BB, the Patriots and the NFL have moved well past SpyGate and are not judged by that anymore. Spygate was roughly a decade ago. The Patriots have continued to excel even after Spygate. Let us not put Belichek and Hernandez in the same class of people.

The question is do you feel moving past Spygate is all that should be considered when judgments are made about Belicheat' place in NFL history. While he likely still has a number of years left to write this book, I think that the issue is not simply the Spygate episode but his past history of several low class personal episodes such as his publicly accepting the Jets HC job but then turning tale and instead running to the Pats job or his total personal mismanagement of negotiations with Lawyer Milloy (where he fiddled over relative small change and paid the price of a undeserved by the Pats in terms of quality of players huge loss in the opener (BB simply lucked out in this case in that his idiocy so united the Pats players against him they rolled onto an SB winning team). Folks may be over Spygate, but I hope folks have the intelligence and heart to consider the total picture (good and embarrassing) of BBs record and look beyond the win at any cost attitude he has displayed consistently in his career.

The question is do you feel moving past Spygate is all that should be considered when judgments are made about Belicheat' place in NFL history. While he likely still has a number of years left to write this book, I think that the issue is not simply the Spygate episode but his past history of several low class personal episodes such as his publicly accepting the Jets HC job but then turning tale and instead running to the Pats job or his total personal mismanagement of negotiations with Lawyer Milloy (where he fiddled over relative small change and paid the price of a undeserved by the Pats in terms of quality of players huge loss in the opener (BB simply lucked out in this case in that his idiocy so united the Pats players against him they rolled onto an SB winning team). Folks may be over Spygate, but I hope folks have the intelligence and heart to consider the total picture (good and embarrassing) of BBs record and look beyond the win at any cost attitude he has displayed consistently in his career.

This is what the HoF voters will be considering. His career has been defined by his Superbowl wins with the Giants (as a DC) and Patriots. He was never significantly disciplined - just fined and lost draft picks, which really didn't matter in the end. I really doubt the Spygate controversy will prevent him from getting in.

That said, if he is denied for the first attempt or two, I wouldn't complain. That alone might send a message.

Edited by BuffaloWings

He's the prototypical sore loser. There's no denying his ability, preparation, etc., but when it doesn't go his way he's a Grade A Jackass.

He even showed this when Fitz & the Bills (finally) beat them in 2011. He was doing anything & everything to delay the game-winning FG attempt, including getting Wilfork to do some stupid stuff with the ball, if I recall correctly. Then he whined at the refs for about 10 minutes.

I'd have some respect for him if he lost gracefully and legitimately gave credit to the other team.

I'd have some respect for him if he lost gracefully and legitimately gave credit to the other team.

Well don't worry, because that will NEVER happen.

We have decades of behavior to base our conclusion on.............................he is a petty man with no class.............

Edited by B-Man

This is one of the worst origional posts I have ever read on this site.

First of all, the Partiots are a class organization. They are exceptionally involved in the local community, emphasizing team work, community, hustle, hard work, humility, passion, and respect from top to bottom throughout the organization.

Bob Kraft is an amazing human being, who is personally involved with all of his coaches and players; and takes a major role in decising what sorts of character guys he is inviting into the local community. This has hit Mr. Kraft and Bill Bellicheck very hard on a personal level.

Lastly, the fact that some of you dolts can't get past spy-gate, and cling to is as some sort of legacy bomb, speaks more to your bitterness over how bad of a team our Bills field than to anything that reflects on the Patriots or Bill Bellicheck. It's sorry and sad that you'll attack those willing to do whatever it takes on the field to win, while at the same time celebrating a legacy of failure, looking to winners for an appology .

Pathetic.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

We root for possibly the worst run team in the NFL over the last 15 years. All Belichick does is win more than anyone else ever has, but some of you view Malloy as overriding his legacy. Every one of you would love him if he was the Bills coach. Those of you calling him classless would be laughing if he was ours. This thread should be called grasping at straws.

Can we stop talking about Bill like he is some God!

Mark my words...Once one of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL retires ( Brady for you dumbasses ), Ahole B will have an average record and be fired within a few seasons. I wouldnt be surprised if BB retires when Brady retires!

Cheers to all my Bills fans!