Obamanomics

Obama's economic & regulatory pet projects can't even survive his own term. Sorry, Saint Elizabeth, but your grand plans are not Constitutional. So long to the star chamber.

Premature celebration. All it does is make the CFPB akin to any other federal department. They will still be around to keep tabs on Wells Fargo and the Vampire squid....

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The stock market is terrified by the Trump Presidency. Obviously. :lol:

It what am I thinking? This rally since the election was all Obama's doing. :wallbash:

Or that's what the MSM and the historians will claim. :o

Edited by Nanker

I love those memes that list all the positive economic numbers since Obama took office. I reply to those with "hmm I thought Obama wasn't able to get ANYTHING done because of the obstructionist Republicans in Congress. Which is it?"

It's "If he did this much, imagine what he could do without Congress!"

• 2 weeks later...

OBAMA’S LEGACY: Worst GDP in 50 years, stagnant wages, poorer health.

“Now they tell us. A new report on the economy finds that productivity growth is at a 50-year low and that much of the positive talk about the nation’s financial situation in the last election, much of it coming from the administration, was a lie.”

Read full report

OBAMA’S LEGACY: Worst GDP in 50 years, stagnant wages, poorer health.

“Now they tell us. A new report on the economy finds that productivity growth is at a 50-year low and that much of the positive talk about the nation’s financial situation in the last election, much of it coming from the administration, was a lie.”

Read full report

And yet the stock market boomed, unemployment recovered from the Bush years and Obama steered us through the worst recession since the Great Depression. All while dealing with do nothing congress trying to make things worse

And yet the stock market boomed, unemployment recovered from the Bush years and Obama steered us through the worst recession since the Great Depression. All while dealing with do nothing congress trying to make things worse

Please give us details on the following:

1. What did Obama do that prompted the stock market to boom?

2. What did Obama do that caused unemployment to recover

3. How did Obama steer us through the worst recession since the depression.

Please give us details on the following:

1. What did Obama do that prompted the stock market to boom?

2. What did Obama do that caused unemployment to recover

3. How did Obama steer us through the worst recession since the depression.

You first, explain why he is to blame for what the article claims. If not, just shut your ignorant hole. Put up or shut up

You first, explain why he is to blame for what the article claims. If not, just shut your ignorant hole. Put up or shut up

I never said he was to blame and I can't address what the article said because I didn't read it. I'm responding to your claims and asking you to give some details on those claims. That's all no need to get mad. That is unless I've touched a nerve. Anyway I'll wait here for you to answer my questions. Cheers!!

Reminder from 2013, the Third post on this 62 page thread.

Before we get into all the "numbers" on each side, let's remember;

The American economy ALWAYS recovers from each recession.

According to the NBER, our recession ended in June 2009.

Our slow recovery this time is due to the economic policies of the Obama Administration.

They do not deserve credit for "saving us", that was inevitable, but blame for the abysmal job creation and the transformation of our economy into a "Part-Time Worker" base.

I never said he was to blame and I can't address what the article said because I didn't read it. I'm responding to your claims and asking you to give some details on those claims. That's all no need to get mad. That is unless I've touched a nerve. Anyway I'll wait here for you to answer my questions. Cheers!!

He provided steady leadership and confidence

Reminder from 2013, the Third post on this 62 page thread.

What role did the fact that our trading partners--China and Europe--were wallowing in economic slumps play in the lack of GDP's lackluster performance?

Face it B-man, you are very simply a partisan hack with little understand aside from 'R' good 'D' bad

The stock market is up because of basically "0" interest rates and the incessant printing of money which will come back to bite us in the ass,

The unemployment rate is down because we have more people who have given up on finding a job and aren't counted as unemployed. In reality, there are more people not working than there were 8 years ago.

Obama didn't steer us through anything. He is/was incapable of understanding anything to do with economics. He did steer money to his cronies and supporters though.

Edited by grinreaper

So does that also mean that the nearly 5% rise in the S&P since the election is due to confidence in Trump?

Trump isn't President, we will have to chalk this up to Obama.

Wow, My portfolios went up a lot today!! Yes!

The past six weeks has put me damn near my retirement goals.

Wait, you are not already retired??? I figured since you were on here 24/7 ...whatever

Edited by Tiberius