Obamanomics

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT PASSES FOR GOOD NEWS DURING THE OBAMA RECOVERY:

The U.S. economy’s slowdown in the final three months of 2015 wasn’t quite as bad as initially thought.

Let the good times roll.

Yup, just wait till Trump imposes tariffs, hunts down illegal workers and pushes the Apple boycott from his bully pulpit.

And let's be real, our global trading partners are dragging down a pretty nice US economy

Yup, just wait till Trump imposes tariffs, hunts down illegal workers and pushes the Apple boycott from his bully pulpit.

And let's be real, our global trading partners are dragging down a pretty nice US economy

So let me get this straight.

2007-2015 - Economy bad? You talk about Bush

2016-? Economy bad? You talk about Trump.

At what point when we discuss the bad economy do you talk about the current President?

So let me get this straight.

2007-2015 - Economy bad? You talk about Bush

2016-? Economy bad? You talk about Trump.

At what point when we discuss the bad economy do you talk about the current President?

When the policies of the president directly affect something in the economy. Like Bush promised a miracle economy with his tax cuts, and we got a massive recession instead. Obama promised a recovery and we got it

When the policies of the president directly affect something in the economy. Like Bush promised a miracle economy with his tax cuts, and we got a massive recession instead. Obama promised a recovery and we got it

Please explain how the Bush tax cuts caused the 2008 global recession?

And why in response to an article talking about a 1% growth rate did you feel it necessary to bring up Trump?

From the initial page of this thread.................in 2013

Before we get into all the "numbers" on each side, let's remember;

The American economy ALWAYS recovers from each recession.

According to the NBER, our recession ended in June 2009.

Our slow recovery this time is due to the economic policies of the Obama Administration.

They do not deserve credit for "saving us", that was inevitable,

but blame for the abysmal job creation and the transformation of our economy into a "Part-Time Worker" base.

1) Please explain how the Bush tax cuts caused the 2008 global recession?

2) And why in response to an article talking about a 1% growth rate did you feel it necessary to bring up Trump?

1) I never said they caused the Bush Recession. But where was the economic miracle promised? Where??

2) Because what he is proposing is auctually pretty bad for the economy

1) I never said they caused the Bush Recession. But where was the economic miracle promised? Where??

2) Because what he is proposing is auctually pretty bad for the economy

1. You didn't say that directly but you did indirectly especially in your response about calling the global recession The Bush Recession. Why else would you refer to it as the Bush Recession?

2. How will his proposals be bad for the economy?

Edited by Chef Jim

1. You didn't say that directly but you did indirectly especially in your response about calling the global recession The Bush Recession. Why else would you refer to it as the Bush Recession?

2. How will his proposals be bad for the economy?

1) No

2) Arby's now has--not making this up!--2 Fish sandwiches for $5

Why would I explain all that to you? How can't you understand what a trade war means, or rounding up workers would mean? I mean duh! :huh:

1) No

2) Arby's now has--not making this up!--2 Fish sandwiches for $5

Why would I explain all that to you? How can't you understand what a trade war means, or rounding up workers would mean? I mean duh! :huh:

1. No?!?!? Mine was not a yes or no question. Why do you refer to the global recession of 2008 as The Bush Recession?

2. Trump is proposing a trade war? Explain that.

1. No?!?!? Mine was not a yes or no question. Why do you refer to the global recession of 2008 as The Bush Recession?

2. Trump is proposing a trade war? Explain that.

1) He was President

2) Why don't you pay attention to the news if you are interested? Seriously!

1) He was President

2) Why don't you pay attention to the news if you are interested? Seriously!

1. So the sitting US President is responsible for the global economy??

2. I'm not discussing this with the news I'm discussing it with you. You are the one that brought it up. BTW I tend to agree with some of the tax reforms that will be good for the economy. I like his doing away with the Estate Tax however, and I may get many that disagree, I think they should also do away with the step up in basis at death.

1. So the sitting US President is responsible for the global economy??

2. I'm not discussing this with the news I'm discussing it with you. You are the one that brought it up. BTW I tend to agree with some of the tax reforms that will be good for the economy. I like his doing away with the Estate Tax however, and I may get many that disagree, I think they should also do away with the step up in basis at death.

1) No, he just gets his name on them

2) http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/02/25/rubio_to_trump_are_you_going_start_a_trade_war_against_your_own_chinese-made_ties.html

Please explain how the Bush tax cuts caused the 2008 global recession?

And why in response to an article talking about a 1% growth rate did you feel it necessary to bring up Trump?

He could be talking about the 2001-2002 recession, you know.

Wait...the Bush tax cuts caused TWO recessions! That's how bad they were!

He could be talking about the 2001-2002 recession, you know.

Wait...the Bush tax cuts caused TWO recessions! That's how bad they were!

You mean the short recession we had after 9/11? The one that Bush caused by planting explosives in the Twin Towers?

1. This is why I ask you questions. Because you pull so much **** from your ass you need to be held accountable.

2. WTF was that?? That's the best you could come up with? :lol: