Obamanomics

Forget the Jobless Number, Trump/Sanders Signal Something Amiss......... http://bit.ly/1LM4xks

From the article:

The blame for America's lost decade-and-a-half must be laid at the feet of our economics profession. For the past fifteen years, mainstream political candidates (on both the left and the right) have been offering mainstream economic policies, which have been various permutations of Keynesianism. The results have been disastrous.

Would not be the first time.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unexpectedly- The economy stinks.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/28/shocker-cuts-to-q1-growth-pace-show-faltering-economy.html

Shocker cuts to Q1 growth pace show faltering economy

First-quarter growth is now tracking at just 0.9 percent, after new data showed surprising weakness in consumer spending and a wider-than-expected trade gap.

According to the CNBC/Moody's Analytics rapid update, economists now see the sluggish growth pace based on already reported data, down from 1.4 percent last week. According to the rapid update, economists have a median forecast of 1.6 percent growth in first-quarter GDP, which includes their estimates for data not yet released.

"It's not a polar vortex winter. You can't blame the weather this year. It's the consumer. I think there's a problem with the measurement but at the end of the day if the world were as good as we'd hoped, people would feel better and it's not showing up," said Diane Swonk of DS Economics.

Personal income rose 0.2 percent in February, a tenth above expectations, and spending was up 0.1 percent. But revisions to January's spending data wiped out earlier solid gains and showed spending marginally higher — at 0.1 percent from an earlier 0.5 percent.

Economists had been hopeful the first quarter would show a snapback with growth above 2 percent, and some have been optimistic that weak manufacturing was beginning to show signs of bottoming.

They note the size of the revision to consumer spending is rare.

More at the link:

Fear not, for your Winter of Discontent will soon be replaced by the Summer of Recovery 7.0

What would have been the alternative? Japan's deflationary woes are caused by other factors than stated in that article--for obvious political reasons--but I'd love to hear what Japan should have done instead, if you actually have any ideas

From the article:

Would not be the first time.

^

Edited by gatorman

As good a thread as any to post this.

ADP Study Shows Increasing Government Regulation Is Resulting in More Unexpected Fines for Midsized Business Owners

But, I know, it's that income inequality that's holding back economic growth.

ADP Study Shows Increasing Government Regulation Is Resulting in More Unexpected Fines for Midsized Business Owners

Wait until the DOL ruling on fiduciary roles for retirement accounts comes out next month. Lots of smaller B/D's and advisor firms will just get out. And the B word is it's not going to solve anything.

Oh and this one is directly tied to Obama.

Edited by Chef Jim

Thanks for posting that. Pretty interesting. But don't really see anything alarming about it. Most did not even know about the fines and its really not surprising that with the implementation of a new program we would see a rise in compliance issues. Still, not that extreme though. Says more about the employee based health care system we have than anything.

Thanks for posting that. Pretty interesting. But don't really see anything alarming about it. Most did not even know about the fines and its really not surprising that with the implementation of a new program we would see a rise in compliance issues. Still, not that extreme though. Says more about the employee based health care system we have than anything.

So I take it you never have nor have any desire to own a business. Sure there are going to be compliance issues but additional costs associated with it can be devastating to a very small business. Some businesses run on a very tight margin to begin with. So you add another layer of compliance (costs) and they either pass that one to their customers or go out of business. You're for the small business owners right? Who do you think can better absorb these additional costs? The corner store or Walmart?

So I take it you never have nor have any desire to own a business. Sure there are going to be compliance issues but additional costs associated with it can be devastating to a very small business. Some businesses run on a very tight margin to begin with. So you add another layer of compliance (costs) and they either pass that one to their customers or go out of business. You're for the small business owners right? Who do you think can better absorb these additional costs? The corner store or Walmart?

Why, they just have to pass those unexpected fees on to the consumer! [/gatormanonhowtorunasmallbusiness]

OMG! I didn't realize the report said that small businesses were under dire threat of extinction because of government regulation. I missed that

OMG! I didn't realize the report said that small businesses were under dire threat of extinction because of government regulation. I missed that

Oh I'm sorry did I say anything about the report? I deal in reality. I meet, talk, and associate with small business owners all the time. And their biggest complaint? The challenge of staying profitable and the biggest threat to their bottom line that they have zero control over is the cost of regulations, taxes, fees imposed by government.

Oh and I love your OMG exclamation. Did you find someone to take to the Jr/Sr Spring Fling this year?

Oh I'm sorry did I say anything about the report? I deal in reality. I meet, talk, and associate with small business owners all the time. And their biggest complaint? The challenge of staying profitable and the biggest threat to their bottom line that they have zero control over is the cost of regulations, taxes, fees imposed by government.

Oh and I love your OMG exclamation. Did you find someone to take to the Jr/Sr Spring Fling this year?

Ya right

Saying hearsay is a chickenshit way of accusing someone of being a liar. CA is consistently at the bottom of business friendly states. Any guess as to why?

The more economically developed places always have more regulation. Have them try Mississippi. Oh ya, there's no* money there.

*Not literally "no money," was just speaking* figuratively

*Not speaking, but writing, actually

The more economically developed places always have more regulation. Have them try Mississippi. Oh ya, there's no* money there.

And you know why they are more heavily regulated?

For the same reason that Willie Sutton gave when asked why he robbed banks. "That's where the money is."

And you know why they are more heavily regulated?

For the same reason that Willie Sutton gave when asked why he robbed banks. "That's where the money is."

Oh, its theft then? Ya, ok :rolleyes:

Know why there are more regulations in a crowded city than a sparsely populated countryside?

Oh, its theft then? Ya, ok :rolleyes:

Know why there are more regulations in a crowded city than a sparsely populated countryside?

Yeah. Theft. That was what I meant. WTF is wrong with you.

Who's talking about crowded cities? Here try this nice little list of where I work. Far from a crowded city.

http://www.codepublishing.com/CA/WalnutCreek/#!/WalnutCreek01/WalnutCreek01.html

You !@#$ing retard. You're arguing that regulation should vary with regional economic development, while AT THE SAME TIME you're arguing in another thread that regulation needs to be national to be effective.

This is why everyone holds you in contempt. Not because of what you believe. But because no matter what you believe, you're invariably a mentally deficient weeping pustule of a human being about it.