O'Reilly on racism in America

It's rare when I post in this forum and even more that I post a topic, but I wanted reaction to this.

I know a lot of people do not care for O'Reilly and believe in the mantra "Fox News Lies", but I think O'Reilly's commentary on this subject is brilliant and spot on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj4JaCSbhFY

Thoughts?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's rare when I post in this forum and even more that I post a topic, but I wanted reaction to this.

I know a lot of people do not care for O'Reilly and believe in the mantra "Fox News Lies", but I think O'Reilly's commentary on this subject is brilliant and spot on.

Thoughts?

I think you're an idiot. Now I'll go watch the video.

LOL..........Tom is nothing, if not consistent.

I will post the same link that I did in the Trayvon thread today, with a different clip from the article.

Facing Facts about Race

Besides, two developments over recent decades have made Holder’s reactionary argument about black/white relations mostly irrelevant.

First, America is now a multiracial nation. The divide is not white versus black. And as the Zimmerman trial reminds us, it is no longer a nation where most of the authority figures are white males. We saw a female judge, a female jury, and an Hispanic in confrontation with an African-American; today those of various racial pedigrees and different genders interact in ways that transcend the supposed culpability of white males.

Second, the attitude of the so-called white community toward racial challenges is not so much political as class driven. White liberals have largely won the argument that massive government expenditure must be infused into the black community. Yet they have probably lost the argument that such vast government investments have done much to alleviate the plight of urban black youth.

I saw this yesterday, and I agree with you completely. most of what he said seems rather obvious, but the point is still well made. I don't think it'll change anything, but it's still refreshing to hear it.

This is it in a nutshell.

In every way that matters, the "social engineering" approach, that began with LBJ telling black women that it was OK to have as many babies as they wanted...

....and to stop the idiots before they even get started, LBJ is directly quoted as saying "I'll have those !@#$s voting Democratic for the next 200 years". EDIT: Yes, he did use the N-word, filter or not. Thus, this removes all doubt about just exactly how much the real civil rights vision of Eisenhower and JFK was bastardized by the scumbags like LBJ for political gain, and turned into a business model by scumbags like Sharpton...

...because the government would take care of them? It has failed, miserably.

You can no longer be "for progress", and support this. A self-defined progressive that supports obviously failed ideas from 60 years ago, and demands that we do nothing different, is by definition, no progressive at all.

No, in every sense of the word, they are a Whig, or, more accuately a "know nothing" = a old school conservative who simply doesn't care that the realities of their world have changed: the old way of doing things has now been proven to be demonstrable idiocy, and no longer has a place in reality. Instead of perscuting Catholics and Chinese, these new know nothings target white people and/or any minority who has proven they didn't need the government to succeed.

Why? Because the very existence of the sucessful government-free people of color, or white entreprenuers who have, in fact, "built that", creates an unanswerable challenge to their dogma. And that's what it is: dogma. It's not about what they think. It's about what they believe.

My new name for birdog: neo-know nothing. :lol:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

This is it in a babies as they wanted...

....and to stop the idiots before they even get started, LBJ is directly quoted as saying "I'll have those !@#$s voting Democratic for the next 200 years". EDIT: Yes, he did use the N-word, filter or not. Thus, this removes all doubt about just exactly how much the real civil rights vision of Eisenhower and JFK was bastardized by the scumbags like LBJ for political gain, and turned into a business model demonstrable idiocy, a

My new name for birdog: neo-know nothing. :lol:

LBJ's Civil Rights program is a success, Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, etc. And he only did what Kennedy proposed but couldn't get passed.

Thoughts?

Fox News Lies? Have you ever watched any of the others? The rest are Obama's and the lefts propaganda arm. I'll check out the video.

LBJ's Civil Rights program is a success, Civil Rights Act, Voting Rights Act, etc. And he only did what Kennedy proposed but couldn't get passed.

Right, a blatant racist who USED black people, and spawned a legion of followers who USE black people...is a success?

73% out of wedlock births-->1000s of black men being murdered every year? The KKK could never have seen to that many black men being murdered, nor could they have seen to the destruction of this many black lives and families. The majority of black people are now exactly where the KKK wanted them to be:

1. dead

2. in prison and/or working in prison as slave labor for the government,

3. docile, 3/5ths of a person the KKK intended them to be, collecting their pittance from the government, owing their existence to their master and being completely marginalized.

Congratulations, you've furthered the KKKs agenda more than they could have ever dreamed of on their own. (Again, if you want something done right, put the left in charge of doing the opposite.) If you wrote out this plan and showed it to Nathan Bedford Forest do you know what he'd say? Answer: "Sounds good. This way the Ns aren't really free. We will retain control of them, and prevent them from becoming a danger to us. Who cares if they are a danger to each other?"

And, you call this: Success? W...T....F?

Where are you getting "couldn't get it passed" from? Kennedy got shot, or, he would have gotten it passed. Do you know anything about JFK? He did all the work, including the arm twisting and the negotiation in the back rooms, for years, in preparation for a vote, and he created all the policy that would be voted on. Not to mention the executive orders he signed regarding equal pay, and banning discrimination on Federal property.

LBJ showed up and merely pretended that all JFK's work was his. LBJ was the opposite of the high minded, "good for the country" guy...he was the "what's in it for me?" guy, and the "how can I use all the stuf JFK did to further my own agenda, and for my personal gain" guy. :blink:

So blacks were better off without the right to vote?? Ummm...ok

*de-lurking*

You've got to be a plant from the right side of this board, right? Come on, nobody who can use a computer and a keyboard can be this special .

AOSHQ:

Oh My: Leftwing Protester Displays Sign Sarcastically Saying "We're Racist & Proud," Intending That as an Insult Against Pro-Zimmerman Protesters; Media Immediately Begins Reporting Sign as Bona-Fide Expression by Rightwingers

Only one problem with their plan: Brandon Darby was on-site and, get this, actually bothered to interview this specific protester, who wasn't even a Moby or Agent Provocateur.

She had no real intent to deceive -- the moment Darby asked her about it, she said she was there to insult the Zimmerman supporters, not actually disguise herself as one of them.

All you had to do was ask her.

http://minx.cc/?post=341880

Screen-Shot-2013-07-23-at-35019-AMpng.png

Edited by Oxrock

So blacks were better off without the right to vote?? Ummm...ok

3t3aac.jpg

AOSHQ:

Oh My: Leftwing Protester Displays Sign Sarcastically Saying "We're Racist & Proud," Intending That as an Insult Against Pro-Zimmerman Protesters; Media Immediately Begins Reporting Sign as Bona-Fide Expression by Rightwingers

My local paper had it on the front page as a "Zimmerman supporter"

I just sent them a note, laughing at their incompetence.

Edited by B-Man